+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
y2patel said:
Dear sir quarax

I am planning to land mid sept, I m frm India and I want to know which is the best and cheap airways from India , can u suggest about Qatar airline or any other

Y2patel
Brother,

I wouldn't know India specific rates, but many have opined that www.makemytrip.com is pretty good there. I usually take KLM or BA or Etihad / Emirates every few months... and book thru their online portals.

Qorax

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am said:
Thank you very much for you res
pond. I am planning to land the fisrt week of ocotber. What about you???? I would do then the same thing.Take them with us and then follow instructions.
Please if you land before me tell me what they suggested to do. I would do the same if I land before you.
Hi Iam,

here is the info reg pvt collection of coins.

As informed by immigration officer during our landing,its not essential to mention reg coins in the goods accompanying list unless it has high value.so u can carry it without mentioning it.

Wht I did was I put rough value in GAL.

I hope this is helpful.

Rgds,
Art.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Qorax

Why do you book your trip using makemytrip when Airlines these days have Online Booking Facilities on their websites ? I wonder why not Lufthansa instead of KLM/BA? dont you think these two have list their old glories a lot.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jnathan said:
Qorax

Why do you book your trip using [1]makemytrip when Airlines these days have Online Booking Facilities on their websites ? I wonder [2]why not Lufthansa instead of KLM/BA? dont you think these two have list their old glories a lot.
1. I don't know... just that ppl from India had been recommending it.
2. B'coz I have been using them since 22-yrs now, 4-5 times a year; and find them 'good'.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
art2012 said:
Hi Iam,

here is the info reg pvt collection of coins.

As informed by immigration officer during our landing,its not essential to mention reg coins in the goods accompanying list unless it has high value.so u can carry it without mentioning it.

Wht I did was I put rough value in GAL.

I hope this is helpful.

Rgds,
Art.

OMG!! Thank you so much for your information and reply. I will do the samething then. So does this mean you do not need to do a list of personal goods such as clothes, custom jewelry (not gold nor sivler), etc.

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am said:
OMG!! Thank you so much for your information and reply. I will do the samething then. So does this mean you do not need to do a list of personal goods such as clothes, custom jewelry (not gold nor sivler), etc.
Hi iam,

Our custom officer was toooooo good! He had a glance at our goods accompanying list and jst stamped them.i dont kw hw others react.
We had too exhaustive pain to list each and every item and wht i sensed was officers r not worried abt details.as long as u bring legal things its ok.give rough list thats enough.

If goods hv high value u need to show them eg gold silver etc etc. ,infact they ask for it.

I guess all bags r screened thorughly,so they kw things and remember to use TSA locks.

Good luck.

Rgds,
Art.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
art2012 said:
Hi iam,

Our custom officer was toooooo good! He had a glance at our goods accompanying list and jst stamped them.i dont kw hw others react.
We had too exhaustive pain to list each and every item and wht i sensed was officers r not worried abt details.as long as u bring legal things its ok.give rough list thats enough.

If goods hv high value u need to show them eg gold silver etc etc. ,infact they ask for it.

I guess all bags r screened thorughly,so they kw things and remember to use TSA locks.

Good luck.

Rgds,
Art.
Thank you again Art. I will do so with the TSA locks and you know my most valuable person is my son and I and then just personal small amount of jewelry and the POF of course. As you and others so kindly guide others I will go with the flow and think that evertything will go great fro my son and I. Thank you again

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Hi there

What should one reply to this question on his 1st Interview during the time of landing

Be prepared to answer these questions:

Are you traveling with your family?
Have you been convicted of a serious crime in your home country?
How long do you plan to stay in Canada?
How much money do you have with you?
Are you healthy?
Have you been to Canada before? Were you required to leave?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
hi, Qorax

Thank you so much for all your helping to me all the time, I landed on 22AUG12, and now is waiting for my PR card,

Would you pleae advice, if i would like to invite my parents to visit me , do i need to wait after the PR card arrived?

Thank you again. Best regard. ;D

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
loveson

hoping qorax will reply to your query, but its never necessary for parents to have their children's PR cards. you will most likely to get yours in 3 months after you have landed. if your parents can show that they have significant amount of money, properties, business/family/other ties and they'd be able to bear their own expenses including medicare , visa would be easy to obtain. I'd still advice you to start earning, create a credit and bank history and then tell them to apply. Super Visa would be another door for them then.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
jnathan said:
loveson

hoping qorax will reply to your query, but its never necessary for parents to have their children's PR cards. you will most likely to get yours in 3 months after you have landed. if your parents can show that they have significant amount of money, properties, business/family/other ties and they'd be able to bear their own expenses including medicare , visa would be easy to obtain. I'd still advice you to start earning, create a credit and bank history and then tell them to apply. Super Visa would be another door for them then.
hi, jnathan.

Thank you so much for your reply, I have been in Canada for 4 years, and have been working in a company for 3 years. recently changed status to PR. And my baby due day is 31DEC12, would love to invite my parents to see my baby born moment.

So i just need to show my landing confirmation is ok, right?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
as I said, If you are economically solvent and able to support your parents then it would be easy for them to get the visa. CAN Embassy in your country would want to see what were the strong ties attached with your parents that would make them return back from Canada once the visit is over.

Mail your parents the Landing Confirmation and other bank solvency papers.
also the tax papers, house lease agreement and the rent paid slips.

Did your parents visit other countries such as regions in EU/Australia/Americas before?

ssinghdxb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Dubai - UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax Sir,

Request your suggestion on following queries; we wish to visit Canada for a short period to complete the landing formalities and return to settle after 10 months or so only.

- How can we declare everything i.e. jewellery/electronics etc in goods to follow? Do we use Goods to follow form, as we may not carry anything as of now?
- We will carry the photos of all the expensive items with invoices, will officer ask to show the items?
- If we are asked how long you will stay? what should be the answer? We intend to declare that we will be back in few months after rapping up everything at current location; is this OK?
- Can we bring money in our next and final entry i.e. during complete relocation? will it attract taxes?

Best regards

Singh

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ssinghdxb said:
Dear Qorax Sir,

Request your suggestion on following queries; we wish to visit Canada for a short period to complete the landing formalities and return to settle after 10 months or so only.

- How can we declare everything i.e. jewellery/electronics etc in goods to follow? Do we use Goods to follow form, as we may not carry anything as of now?
- We will carry the photos of all the expensive items with invoices, will officer ask to show the items?
- If we are asked how long you will stay? what should be the answer? We intend to declare that we will be back in few months after rapping up everything at current location; is this OK?
- Can we bring money in our next and final entry i.e. during complete relocation? will it attract taxes?

Best regards

Singh
Use the GTF Form B4.

That [pics] is fine.

Usually keeping quiet on it is wise. That is: 'this is ur final move'.

Yes. Any amount. No taxes, duties, levies, costs etc. involved.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Usually keeping quiet on it is wise. That is: 'this is ur final move'.
If you are asked, then tell the truth. This is fine.