+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Dont take cash. Might get lost.
Take as Travellers Cheques. Safest. no problem if you loose them. you'd be able to get them showing the purchase receipt.

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am said:
Thank you very much for you respond. I am planning to land the fisrt week of ocotber. What about you???? I would do then the same thing.Take them with us and then follow instructions.
Please if you land before me tell me what they suggested to do. I would do the same if I land before you.
Hi I am,

We will b landing in this mth and i will let you know.

Rgds,
Art.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
tushar.mistry78 said:
Dear Qorax,
i m landing in canada in next month.

my question is, is it necessary to show full fundz at the time of landing? I mean if i was asked to show 17011 CAN$, but is it ok if i carry 12000 CAN$ ?

i m going with family.
12000 CAN$ is enough amount for to satisfy the immigration officer he or she just asked to how much amount you have.

ssinghdxb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Dubai - UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax Sir,

We need your guidance, We need to complete our landing by march 2013. We wish to complete the landing formalities and return back and relocate in 2014 Jan/Feb. we have read your post on the topic but still request you to kindly advise on following queries

PR Cards

- Can we complete the landing formalities in 15 working days? and PR card be received by Hotel/Motel/Guesthouse (as we have no friend/relative); who offeres mail forwarding services with charges.
- Assuming answer to above is "NO", if we plan to stay for 45 days or so, will we be able to get PR cards with current general lead time (we have no idea on time frames)?
- As we will not have any permanent address/friends/relatives, which address to fill in PR application? Can we provide the short stay accomodation address ?

Health Card

- Can we apply OHIP in 2014 when we move completely? or it is mandatory to apply immediately after first landing?
- Below is the eligibility criteria as per OHIP, will we be able to get OHIP, if we return in 2014 or we will not be eligible ?
1)you make your primary place of residence in Ontario;
2)you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30
days during the first 6 months of residence);
3)you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.

You comment/feedback is very critical for us, please help us

Thanks

Singh

nirmaan

Star Member
Jun 4, 2012
India, New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Dec-11
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21-Feb-12
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-March-12
Med's Request
3-July-12
Med's Done....
5-July-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3-July-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-12
LANDED..........
In October
Seniors

I need help please.

I was in Canada before getting immigrant visa then I came back to India as my work permit didn't extended, I am still having my bank acc there with TD. I also used this acc as PoF for filing my Immigration. Now when I land there I will b carrying just 1000 CAD cos I have enough money there in Canada to support myself.

would there be any issues if immigration officer ask me for PoF and I provide them the scanned copies of bank statements. (one of my friend is getting my bank statements at his mailing add, he can send me scanned copies)

second thing I will be carrying just clothes, shoes, a watch, guitar and wearing a gold chain with pendent. Do I need to prepare a list of all these items can someone provide me with a format of this please. Do I need to write a lump sum amount or should be accurate.

I have already printed out the PR card form and will fill it from here itself to avoid mistake in hurry at airport. what else should I take care of. As I was there in Canada for 2 yrs accommodation and all is not a big deal, just airport clearance is what I am nervous about.

Please Advise.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ssinghdxb said:
Dear Qorax Sir,

We need your guidance, We need to complete our landing by march 2013. We wish to complete the landing formalities and return back and relocate in 2014 Jan/Feb. we have read your post on the topic but still request you to kindly advise on following queries

PR Cards

- Can we complete the landing formalities in 15 working days? and PR card be received by Hotel/Motel/Guesthouse (as we have no friend/relative); who offeres mail forwarding services with charges.
- Assuming answer to above is "NO", if we plan to stay for 45 days or so, will we be able to get PR cards with current general lead time (we have no idea on time frames)?
- As we will not have any permanent address/friends/relatives, which address to fill in PR application? Can we provide the short stay accomodation address ?

Health Card

- Can we apply OHIP in 2014 when we move completely? or it is mandatory to apply immediately after first landing?
- Below is the eligibility criteria as per OHIP, will we be able to get OHIP, if we return in 2014 or we will not be eligible ?
1)you make your primary place of residence in Ontario;
2)you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30
days during the first 6 months of residence);
3)you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.

You comment/feedback is very critical for us, please help us

Thanks

Singh
PR Cards:
-Yes, hotel/motel/SSAccom address will be accepted but sans mentioning their 'name'. It should be ur name on top & the street address.
-U may not receive the PRCs by 45 days... it could take till 60+ days & sometimes might get 'stuck' too.

OHIP Cards:
-Yes u can apply for it later, during ur next visit towards permnt settlement. It's actually wise to do so then, not now.
-U can't apply for it now, till completion of 90-days of residence. Even if a/ny Service-Ontario office accepts ur apps - it'd not be 'worked' upon.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nirmaan said:
Seniors

I need help please.

I was in Canada before getting immigrant visa then I came back to India as my work permit didn't extended, I am still having my bank acc there with TD. I also used this acc as PoF for filing my Immigration. Now when I land there I will b carrying just 1000 CAD cos I have enough money there in Canada to support myself.

would there be any issues if immigration officer ask me for PoF and I provide them the scanned copies of bank statements. (one of my friend is getting my bank statements at his mailing add, he can send me scanned copies)

second thing I will be carrying just clothes, shoes, a watch, guitar and wearing a gold chain with pendent. Do I need to prepare a list of all these items can someone provide me with a format of this please. Do I need to write a lump sum amount or should be accurate.

I have already printed out the PR card form and will fill it from here itself to avoid mistake in hurry at airport. what else should I take care of. As I was there in Canada for 2 yrs accommodation and all is not a big deal, just airport clearance is what I am nervous about.

Please Advise.
1. No issues, the Canadian bank statements will be accepted. However, it's wise to have the originals.
2. Not required.

Qorax

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
dear Qorax
I have sent u a PM.
can u plz reply
rgds
P

ssinghdxb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Dubai - UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
PR Cards:
-Yes, hotel/motel/SSAccom address will be accepted but sans mentioning their 'name'. It should be ur name on top & the street address.
-U may not receive the PRCs by 45 days... it could take till 60+ days & sometimes might get 'stuck' too.

OHIP Cards:
-Yes u can apply for it later, during ur next visit towards permnt settlement. It's actually wise to do so then, not now.
-U can't apply for it now, till completion of 90-days of residence. Even if a/ny Service-Ontario office accepts ur apps - it'd not be 'worked' upon.

Qorax
Thanks a ton sir ! one more suggestion needed. Kindly advise Short Stay accommodation who can offer mail forwarding services.

Regards

Singh

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ssinghdxb said:
Thanks a ton sir ! one more suggestion needed. Kindly advise Short Stay accommodation who can offer mail forwarding services.

Regards

Singh
All I know is that SafeHomeStay does it... for others - u need to check with them.

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
In process from 30 March, 2012
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
Dear Qorax,
Congrats for crossing another milestone!
+1.........
Ochena

auditor

Mar 30, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
sho78 said:
Congratz, so in what way did you carry the proof of funds and did you carry the whole amount which is applicable for you or your family or you took statements and the reasonable amount.
I took the whole amount as required. 3000 cash rest as draft. and they took 5 working days for encashment of draft.

Good Luck

Auditor

auditor

Mar 30, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
khalid h said:
Counted the cash :eek: thats not often
Did u carry all funds in cash? drafts take a long time to be cashed, what is your experience
I had 3000 CAD in cash. DD got encashed in 5 working days.

Good Luck
Auditor

ash23

Jun 12, 2012
Hello Qorax,

Thanks for providing valuable information regarding different aspects of the immigration process. I have a question regarding landing from USA. Let me give a brief background of my situation. I am on work visa in US till September this year. I have revised I-94 from USCIS when my work visa was renewed in 2009. I did not go back to India so my passport has stamp is till 2009.

My question is - is it possible for me to do landing via road or air and then come back to USA with the revised 1-94 without getting my passport stamped.

If possible, please guide me. I really appreciate your time.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ash

y2patel

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
All I know is that SafeHomeStay does it... for others - u need to check with them.
Dear sir quarax

I am planning to land mid sept, I m frm India and I want to know which is the best and cheap airways from India , can u suggest about Qatar airline or any other

Y2patel