+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hello Qorax, Leon and seniors,

I am leaving for Toronto on March 26th. I am preparing to make the Goods accompanying list to take with me. I have a few doubts though.

Should I download the actual form from the site to fill in the details or can I make on an plain paper/excel sheet.

For the headings can I put it this way with the following categories.

Items Value in CAD

1. Clothes 300

2. Electronic Items 400 I do not have much and i am not carrying the lap top also. Just the pen drive I am taking. And a new mixie.

3. Cooking vessels just basic 80 mostly (all used ones)

4. Gold jewellery say about 18000 CAD (is this too much to carry? Will there be any problem? And when
I come back again to attend some marriage and all can I carry them with me and take back also) All this is for our family of 4) Of course i will take 2 copies of pics.

5. Documents certificates and some land registration papers. no cost for this no?

6. Some educational CDs and a few songs. 50 CAD

Anything that I am missing out please let me know.

Please guide me on this. Thank you.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
Leon said:
When you get the PR visa, you have to land again as a PR. You can do this by making an appointment at the local CIC office in your town or you can leave Canada and come back again, for example at the land border to the US.

You will need a new SIN number once you have your PR.
hello there sir... re: exiting thru US border to reland as PR, do we need to have US visa in order to step there? ;D

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great information. i just kept on reading on and on :)

Can someone give me the link to the post that talks about the details of number of days of stay, etc.? I would like to know how many times can i caome out and go back in after having my PR card in hand? What is the minimum number of days to stay there? can it be split of should it be continuous stay, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udayaradhya said:
Can someone give me the link to the post that talks about the details of number of days of stay, etc.? I would like to know how many times can i caome out and go back in after having my PR card in hand? What is the minimum number of days to stay there? can it be split of should it be continuous stay, etc?
You can find it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

If you have been a permanent resident for Five (5) years or more
* you must have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 730 days within the past five (5) years.

If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
* you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days physical presence in Canada at the five (5)-year mark.

It does not matter whether your stay of 730 days is all in one go or broken up into as many fragments as you want.

Any part of a day spent in Canada counts as a whole day for PR residency requirement. Keep a log of your travels after you get your PR and save all airline tickets and boarding cards because you might need them later when you apply to renew.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You can find it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA
If you have been a permanent resident for Five (5) years or more
* you must have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 730 days within the past five (5) years.
If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
* you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days physical presence in Canada at the five (5)-year mark.
It does not matter whether your stay of 730 days is all in one go or broken up into as many fragments as you want.
Any part of a day spent in Canada counts as a whole day for PR residency requirement. Keep a log of your travels after you get your PR and save all airline tickets and boarding cards because you might need them later when you apply to renew.
Thanks a lot Leon. +1 to you sir. But one question here:
How do i show the second point? Are there any documents that i need to provide, or how will i show that i will be able to meet the 730 days in the next 5 years?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udayaradhya said:
How do i show the second point? Are there any documents that i need to provide, or how will i show that i will be able to meet the 730 days in the next 5 years?
If you have not been outside Canada for more than 1095 days (3 years) in your first 5 years as a PR, you will still be able to meet your 730 days (2 years) in Canada before your first 5 years are up.

As a PR, you should keep a log of your travels and you should keep airline tickets and boarding cards in case you get asked. If you are very close to the limit or if you have not been working or studying which would be the very best way to prove that you were living in Canada in some period, then you might be asked to provide evidence. Other evidence than working or studying could be a rental contract, bank statements, telephone bills etc.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hello Qorax, Leon and seniors,

I am leaving for Toronto on March 26th. I am preparing to make the Goods accompanying list to take with me. I have a few doubts though.

Should I download the actual form from the site to fill in the details or can I make on an plain paper/excel sheet.

For the headings can I put it this way with the following categories. For example:

Items Value in CAD

1. Clothes 300

2. Electronic Items 400 I do not have much and i am not carrying the lap top also. Just the pen drive I am taking. And a new mixie.

3. Cooking vessels just basic 80 mostly (all used ones)

4. Gold jewellery say about 18000 CAD (is this too much to carry? Will there be any problem? And when
I come back again to attend some marriage and all can I carry them with me and take back also) All this is for our family of 4) Of course i will take 2 copies of pics.

5. Documents certificates and some land registration papers. no cost for this no?

6. Some educational CDs and a few songs. 50 CAD

Anything that I am missing out please let me know.

Please someone guide me on this. Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey llka,

1) If you don't know how to fill the B4, then make a computer printout with your headings and categories. When you arrived at your port of entry, ask the officer to complete the form based on your printout in excel format;
2) Assume you are a first-time settler, there is no limit on how much goods you can carry. However, you need valuation report and photos for each of those jewelries.
3) Yes no cost for document certificate and land papers
4) I would also add quantities of cooking vessels, clothes, etc.
5) Don't forget to declare any funds you bring that is $10,000 or more!

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
steaky said:
Hey llka,

1) If you don't know how to fill the B4, then make a computer printout with your headings and categories. When you arrived at your port of entry, ask the officer to complete the form based on your printout in excel format;
2) Assume you are a first-time settler, there is no limit on how much goods you can carry. However, you need valuation report and photos for each of those jewelries.
Thank you so much steaky. I will make GAL by downloading the form. Thanks again.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Hey llka,

Hello Steaky....could you please guide me to the B4 form? where is it available? a direct link to it, perhaps?. Thanks.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lika said:
Thank you so much steaky. I will make GAL by downloading the form. Thanks again.
Hello lika...Congrats and all the best. I would urge you to please put your entire experience of all the steps you went through, in detail, after you land, and before you came out of the airport.

I request you to include the different stages and the questions you were asked.

Thank you very much.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
udayaradhya said:
Hello lika...Congrats and all the best. I would urge you to please put your entire experience of all the steps you went through, in detail, after you land, and before you came out of the airport.

I request you to include the different stages and the questions you were asked.

Thank you very much.
Yes udayaradhya I will surely put it.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hello steaky

I have a couple of doubts again. Sorry as the time is nearing for me to land, I keep getting these doubts. Some anxiety though.

1. I am landing with my husband on 27th march at Toronto. We are flying from India too. My son will come on 12th April from India. Will he also need to carry a GAL with him on landing?

2. My daughter will come by car from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA on 12th April. Will she also need to make a GAL?

3. As for proof of funds I will carry the whole amount with me. Should I send them a copy of the proof so that they can carry on landing? I will be opening an account in Scotia bank on reaching there. What proof should I send them by post so that they can carry it with them when they land?

Please confirm. And also any advice for my daughter who will land by road will be helpful. What is the procedure at the POE? Is it any different from the airport? Thanks again.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lika said:
Hello steaky

I have a couple of doubts again. Sorry as the time is nearing for me to land, I keep getting these doubts. Some anxiety though.

1. I am landing with my husband on 27th march at Toronto. We are flying from India too. My son will come on 12th April from India. Will he also need to carry a GAL with him on landing?

2. My daughter will come by car from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA on 12th April. Will she also need to make a GAL?

3. As for proof of funds I will carry the whole amount with me. Should I send them a copy of the proof so that they can carry on landing? I will be opening an account in Scotia bank on reaching there. What proof should I send them by post so that they can carry it with them when they land?

Please confirm. And also any advice for my daughter who will land by road will be helpful. What is the procedure at the POE? Is it any different from the airport? Thanks again.
Hi,

1. Those documentary requirements r for the PA, when s/he 'lands' [enters Canada for the first time]. Subsequent entries by the family members do not have to demonstrate anything. They'd require a stamped copy of the GTF though, if they r bringing-in anything of high worth. It's the GTF which u already declared upon ur 1st entry, u should email a copy of it to ur dependents.

2. Ditto as above.

3. They do not require to demonstrate anything, not the POF too... it also won't be asked.

Good luck!
Qorax

rubiya

Jul 19, 2011
Hello sir

If I land first time with my family for one mouth and come back
how I can get PR card , it is possible to get through friend by courier ?