+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi Qorax,
Congrats on the CBSA job offer!
I wrote to PSC Canada and asked policy for new immigrants.
They replied that Federal jobs go in preference to Citizens as per policy.

So I am delighted about your offer.
I too would like to apply.
Can you clarify whether most landed immigrants are eventually recruited.
Or is it a special case?
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Honolulu said:
Hi Qorax,
Congrats on the CBSA job offer!
I wrote to PSC Canada and asked policy for new immigrants.
They replied that Federal jobs go in preference to Citizens as per policy.

So I am delighted about your offer.
I too would like to apply.
Can you clarify whether most landed immigrants are eventually recruited.
Or is it a special case?
Thanks
Thank U Sir !

Except for Ministerial jobs & ones with the Armed Forces - being a PR isn't a total hinderence. There r many PRs who r employed as Cops (my 4 coursemates are -- in Toronto Police & Peel Police -- except 1 all are yet PRs). For we Ex-servicemen officers, even the door to Canadian Forces remain open.

Qorax

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
qorax said:
Repeat posted for the readers of this thread...

Dear all,

This is in response to some members' perceivable fright against not finding a job after landing.

Always think positive... Why would u come-up to that situation? Why do u think that after 'landing' u wouldn't find any job?

Qorax you are really a GEM man. After reading lot of -ve and discouraging stuff in some other thread, This information of yours is hope for others immigrants. Keep it up and GOD bless you.

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
hello canpuneet
could u pls mention which is the peak season for immigrants to land ??
thanks

swapnochary

canpuneet said:
Nope, you should never rent online or anywhere without satisfying yourself about the apartment. You need to walk in and make sure you like the apartment and the neighborhood. Also you can negotiate hard on the rent at some places as this is not the peak time for immigrants to land...
Also, try to negotiate signing a 6 month lease to begin with instead of 1 year..

All the best

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
swapnochary said:
hello canpuneet
thanks

swapnochary
I guess it would be after March-April or summer time.

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
hi guys,,, can i ask if anyone in this forum has applied in New brunswick??? i was just so dismayed with my application Saskatchewan.. i am almost through but what bothers me is their ielts. before they just accept 7.0 speaking and over all 6.5 but now,,, speaking 7-7.5, reading 6.5-7, writing 7-7.5 and listening 7.5-8.0.... it doesnt make sense right??? as if you are already applying for UK or australia... kinnda pressured just thinking of the scores that you must achieve...unlike the previous.... this news was implemented Nov 16,2010... so anybody applied to New brunswick??? pls help... i dont know if i can attain the required ielts scores.... anyone can say something about New brunswick like the people, weather, jobs etc thanks

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Ario said:
Thanks Quorax
Very informative posting
Keep it up
THE GUY IS SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Agreed with NAIJA
Quorax is exceptional,most people forget about this forum once they land in Canada,but this guy is amazing.
Well done!

asitoja

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
01-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-07-10
File Transfer...
06-09-10
Med's Request
25-08-10
Med's Done....
20-09-10, 29-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-10
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-11
LANDED..........
04-19-11
qorax, i'm beginning t0 love u LOL!!! :)
seriuosly, thank you so much for all the informations, encouragements, hope, etc.etc that u are patiently sharing to us, GOODLUCK TO YOU AND GOD BLESS!! :)
qorax said:

Dear all,

This is in response to some members' perceivable fright against not finding a job after landing.

Always think positive... Why would u come-up to that situation? Why do u think that after 'landing' u wouldn't find any job?

Let me assure u that contrary to whatever some members opine on this forum, there's no dearth of work here. Jobs r galore... yes, no one says that the going would be easy in the abinitio period - u may not find a work to your utmost liking, for sometime, but u'd definitely have a job - one which would put the meals on your table (as Leon puts it).

It'd not be rosy in the start - but at the same time it'd not be dark till eternity as well. I have plenty of friends/peers/relatives here - none of them have been w/out a job from 2-3 months of landing... Some since 10-12 yrs now have been consistently employed, even during the recession (which anyway didn't affect Canada much).

EXAMPLES:
Just for record... From our own Toronto-FriendsCircle Group... Let me provide u some real-time examples... Ppl who have landed this year... Many of them r members of this forum, while some from Trackitt; & a few others off-the-forums (I'll post their IDs wherever applicable):

Anushauc-1 (husband) [CanadaVisa]
IT professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Wireless provider in Brampton. Employed within 1.5 months of landing.

Anushauc-2 (wife) [CanadaVisa]
Banking professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Bank in Toronto (special mention -- next to her house !!!). Employed within 2 months of her landing. Note: She fetched 2 jobs & selected this one, for obvious reasons.

S. Kumar (in CanadaVisa, ID unknown)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently employed as Sr. Manager Finance (!), with a famed company in Mississauga (special mention -- fetched the job within 1.5 week of landing !).

Adacol-1 (husband) [Trackitt]
Petroleum Engr. Fetched work as Technical Officer in a Mississauga factory within 3 months of landing. Currently not working, not 'coz of the company, but for minding his infant baby, as the wife continues to work.

Adacol-2 (wife) [Trackitt]
Elect. Engr. Currently employed in a fab company, in their HO at Mississauga. (Special mention -- Fantastic pay !). Got the offer within 2.5 months of landing. Didn't leave the job 'coz of the salary, while the hubby minds the baby (perfect planning).

Krishan (Trackitt)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently pursuing a CRA course, with a large Tax Consultancy firm, with a job assurity (location: 15 mins from his home). Trg completes in Dec-2010, job commences in Jan-2011 (Special mention -- he scored 98% in the final exam, presently software trg is going-on). He fetched this work in 4 months of landing - no, not because of any struggle - he was choosing the right opening.

HMISABPK [CanadaVisa]
Clinical Technologist. Fetched work within 2 months of landing, a starter job in Downtown Toronto (close to his home), but continuing his licensing studies... Chose the survival job 'coz of being in shifts, for further studies.

Rupunm-1[husband] (Trackitt)
IT professional (ex-IIT Bombay). Currently employed as Head-of-the-IT Dept. in a huge Edn Institution in Toronto. Fetched the job within 48 hrs. (beat that !)

Rupunm-2[wife] (Trackitt)
Currently pursuing DBA from UofT. And, again beat that!, working in the same univ. Part-Time, in their Registration Dept. Location: 15 mins from home.

Explorer101 [CanadaVisa]
Accounts & Finance professional. Fetched a position with a Bank within 2-3 months of landing. Didn't take the job, as it entailed relocating to another city. Currently, most likely to be employed in another Bank, closer to his home.

Qorax
Took a course with Humber College, on Immigr & Border Security, as part of my application with CBSA. Course & Selection process completed, took 5 months (the process was such), Day before - received their offer letter to become a CBSA Officer. Joining date, post Trg: 12/1/2011. (I might not join, 'coz I've opened my own office too meanwhile - an extension of my Dubai business). This is my "spare tire", as someone beautifully described in the other thread.

SKM (not in forums)
College Professor. Joined a reputed Pvt. College in Brampton, as a Temp. Lecturer. Fetched the position within 3 months of landing.

AKS (not in forums)
Mech. Engr. Currently under trg & selection for becoming a Cop with Peel Police. Working as a Security Officer at Brampton (his home location) temporarily. He's 6'2" tall bodybuilder (becoming a Cop is his passion).

CharlotteJ (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2 months of landing.

Trinatocanada (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2-3 months of landing (if I remember correctly from her posts).

The foregoing is my attempt to mitigate everyone's doubts about the job situation here. It's not difficult to fetch one - provided we have the right mindset. Ability, for sure, each one of us have, that's why we r into this foray, aren't we?

The examples would prove that I'm not talking bull, or am being too optimistic, as few had opined earlier, on some other threads.

Moreover, Immigration to Canada is not for making money, for which the Middle East (Dubai specifically) would be a better option, we r here for enhancing our living - our lifestyle, more so - for our family, our kids... their future is secured here, much better than our homelands (probably) - that's why we originally thought about immigrating, didn't we? We need to keep that focussed. Jobs or a business, we'd anyway do, once we r here. No one goes hungry in Canada ! But, a good-living is guaranteed ! No wonder Canada is consistently voted to be the best place to live & raise a family !

Remember: Perseverance pays !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________

REFERENCE:

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear Qorax
good post and u r 100% right, wishing u success for ur business in CA.
one request, never become commercial to ppl, alwyas be a a man like now. GOD may bless you..

all the best...

thanks again.

swapnochary

qorax said:

Dear all,

Let me assure u that contrary to whatever some members opine on this forum, there's no dearth of work here. Jobs r galore... yes, no one says that the going would be easy in the abinitio period - u may not find a work to your utmost liking, for sometime, but u'd definitely have a job - one which would put the meals on your table (as Leon puts it).

It'd not be rosy in the start - but at the same time it'd not be dark till eternity as well. I have plenty of friends/peers/relatives here - none of them have been w/out a job from 2-3 months of landing... Some since 10-12 yrs now have been consistently employed, even during the recession (which anyway didn't affect Canada much).

EXAMPLES:
Just for record... From our own Toronto-FriendsCircle Group... Let me provide u some real-time examples... Ppl who have landed this year... Many of them r members of this forum, while some from Trackitt; & a few others off-the-forums (I'll post their IDs wherever applicable):

Anushauc-1 (husband) [CanadaVisa]
IT professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Wireless provider in Brampton. Employed within 1.5 months of landing.

Anushauc-2 (wife) [CanadaVisa]
Banking professional. Currently employed in the same field, with a reputed Bank in Toronto (special mention -- next to her house !!!). Employed within 2 months of her landing. Note: She fetched 2 jobs & selected this one, for obvious reasons.

S. Kumar (in CanadaVisa, ID unknown)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently employed as Sr. Manager Finance (!), with a famed company in Mississauga (special mention -- fetched the job within 1.5 week of landing !).

Adacol-1 (husband) [Trackitt]
Petroleum Engr. Fetched work as Technical Officer in a Mississauga factory within 3 months of landing. Currently not working, not 'coz of the company, but for minding his infant baby, as the wife continues to work.

Adacol-2 (wife) [Trackitt]
Elect. Engr. Currently employed in a fab company, in their HO at Mississauga. (Special mention -- Fantastic pay !). Got the offer within 2.5 months of landing. Didn't leave the job 'coz of the salary, while the hubby minds the baby (perfect planning).

Krishan (Trackitt)
Accounts & Finance professional. Currently pursuing a CRA course, with a large Tax Consultancy firm, with a job assurity (location: 15 mins from his home). Trg completes in Dec-2010, job commences in Jan-2011 (Special mention -- he scored 98% in the final exam, presently software trg is going-on). He fetched this work in 4 months of landing - no, not because of any struggle - he was choosing the right opening.

HMISABPK [CanadaVisa]
Clinical Technologist. Fetched work within 2 months of landing, a starter job in Downtown Toronto (close to his home), but continuing his licensing studies... Chose the survival job 'coz of being in shifts, for further studies.

Rupunm-1[husband] (Trackitt)
IT professional (ex-IIT Bombay). Currently employed as Head-of-the-IT Dept. in a huge Edn Institution in Toronto. Fetched the job within 48 hrs. (beat that !)

Rupunm-2[wife] (Trackitt)
Currently pursuing DBA from UofT. And, again beat that!, working in the same univ. Part-Time, in their Registration Dept. Location: 15 mins from home.

Explorer101 [CanadaVisa]
Accounts & Finance professional. Fetched a position with a Bank within 2-3 months of landing. Didn't take the job, as it entailed relocating to another city. Currently, most likely to be employed in another Bank, closer to his home.

Qorax
Took a course with Humber College, on Immigr & Border Security, as part of my application with CBSA. Course & Selection process completed, took 5 months (the process was such), Day before - received their offer letter to become a CBSA Officer. Joining date, post Trg: 12/1/2011. (I might not join, 'coz I've opened my own office too meanwhile - an extension of my Dubai business). This is my "spare tire", as someone beautifully described in the other thread.

SKM (not in forums)
College Professor. Joined a reputed Pvt. College in Brampton, as a Temp. Lecturer. Fetched the position within 3 months of landing.

AKS (not in forums)
Mech. Engr. Currently under trg & selection for becoming a Cop with Peel Police. Working as a Security Officer at Brampton (his home location) temporarily. He's 6'2" tall bodybuilder (becoming a Cop is his passion).

CharlotteJ (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2 months of landing.

Trinatocanada (CanadaVisa)
Employed within 2-3 months of landing (if I remember correctly from her posts).

The foregoing is my attempt to mitigate everyone's doubts about the job situation here. It's not difficult to fetch one - provided we have the right mindset. Ability, for sure, each one of us have, that's why we r into this foray, aren't we?

The examples would prove that I'm not talking bull, or am being too optimistic, as few had opined earlier, on some other threads.

Moreover, Immigration to Canada is not for making money, for which the Middle East (Dubai specifically) would be a better option, we r here for enhancing our living - our lifestyle, more so - for our family, our kids... their future is secured here, much better than our homelands (probably) - that's why we originally thought about immigrating, didn't we? We need to keep that focussed. Jobs or a business, we'd anyway do, once we r here. No one goes hungry in Canada ! But, a good-living is guaranteed ! No wonder Canada is consistently voted to be the best place to live & raise a family !

Remember: Perseverance pays !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________

REFERENCE:

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
swapnochary said:
hello canpuneet
thanks

swapnochary
Mar/Apr & Aug/Sep -- the two schooling sessions.

Qorax

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Yohooo!!! finally moving to Edmonton, Alberta permanently on Dec 17th from US:) I got an extremely good job offer in Oil and Gas Sector. I am a licensed Civil Engineer in US working for last 5 years and did all my higher studies from US. I did my undergrad in Civil Engg from Mumbai though and i dont have any canadian work experience I was really lucky to send just one resume last month and it hit the target.

Thanks a lott Qorax for giving me the advice to try it before i move there from US. I gave all my US address and phone number on resume honestly. They did phone interview and checked all my references and then called me for face to face in edmonton. After that i got the confirmation within a week. I already resigned from the company in US. Canadian economy is much much much better then US. They did beat my current US salary with a good margin ;D.

I have few questions:

1. Can i take any amount of money to Canada with me from US now? or i will face questions at airport imigration?
2. Can i just transfer my US driving license straight there to get the full privileged class of driving license or need to give tests? I guess that will affect the car insurance quote?
3. I have excellent credit history in US but no credit at all in Canada. Can i apply for an auto loan there as soon as possible?
4. I was planning to get married this december but now guess not as dont have time. So will do it next year. After marrying within how much time i can sponsor my wife to come to Canada?

Any advise is appreciated

Btw, if anyone landed in edmonton or planning to land there keep in touch, we can surely meet up and make a group:)

Thanks Much

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@Neel09

Wow! That was some real good news!
Congratulations for the Superb Opening, buddy!

1. Any amount is Ok. Take as much as u can. However, u have to just fill-in the amount on the entry form.

2. Yes, your US DL is swappable. I'm not sure of AB, but in ON it's a matter of few minutes.

3. Usually w/out a Canadian Cr. History it'd be difficult to fetch an Auto Loan. However, your Job Offer+the US history should work-out something.

4. Usually spouse's visa approvals reach within 6-8 months.

Happy Journey my friend...

Qorax

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Congratulations bro

nice to hear your success, u r really lucky..

all the best

swapnochary
Neel09 said:
Yohooo!!! finally moving to Edmonton, Alberta permanently on Dec 17th from US:) I got an extremely good job offer in Oil and Gas Sector. I am a licensed Civil Engineer in US working for last 5 years and did all my higher studies from US. I did my undergrad in Civil Engg from Mumbai though and i dont have any canadian work experience I was really lucky to send just one resume last month and it hit the target.

Btw, if anyone landed in edmonton or planning to land there keep in touch, we can surely meet up and make a group:)

Thanks Much