+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Hello Seniors,

Time to time I am reading all the posts regarding reaching in Canada and other important posts like Job Hunt, House Hunt etc.

I would reach there IA in Feb.

I wanted to know if we have to go IMCNR (Immigration Check Not Reqd) check on our Passports.

And what about the Degrees and Marksheets. Do we have to get attested them from Embassy.

Please guide.
Good question there...
For Immigrating u DON'T REQUIRE the ICNR stamp. It's for overseas move on a Job Visa.

Qorax

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks Qorax and Leon for the valuable inputs.

Qorax
The reason, i have asked UPS, because of the work commitments back home, I will not be able to stay a month in Canada, so providing Safehomestay fwding address is a concern.

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hia Qorax,
i have query regarding Travel Health Insurance,whether it is mandatory as a part of PR-Landing procedure?

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
qorax said:
Good question there...
For Immigrating u DON'T REQUIRE the ICNR stamp. It's for overseas move on a Job Visa.

Qorax

Thanks a lot Qorax,

So is that mean that Marksheets and Degrees also not required to be attested by Embassy??

Also, I woud like to thank you for always replying. I am waiting to be there in Feb (IA) and also become one of the member of meetings that u guys arrange time to time.

Thanks in advance.

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
mrdynamo said:
Hia Qorax,
i have query regarding Travel Health Insurance,whether it is mandatory as a part of PR-Landing procedure?
Travel Insurance is not mandatory...
it is advisable though if you're landing in a province where there is a waiting period.

I know the question was for Qorax, I just replied becoz I just happened to glance through it while reading the posts :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup, travel insurance is not mandatory but a very good idea. Say you fall over your shoelaces and break your nose or you have a sudden illness and need medical attention. With no health coverage, that could be a big bill to take care of but of course it is your risk to take.

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear Leon
physically i am quite okay, but in canadian environment what types of helath hazards one may face for the first few months ?? pls give some idea...
swapnochary

Leon said:
Yup, travel insurance is not mandatory but a very good idea. Say you fall over your shoelaces and break your nose or you have a sudden illness and need medical attention. With no health coverage, that could be a big bill to take care of but of course it is your risk to take.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same as everywhere. You can get hit by a car, trip and fall somewhere, you could become ill with appendicitis or gallstones or who knows. Added to that, in the winter, you can easily slip on ice which is not a problem in all parts of the world.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Thanks a lot Qorax,

So is that mean that Marksheets and Degrees also not required to be attested by Embassy??

Also, I woud like to thank you for always replying. I am waiting to be there in Feb (IA) and also become one of the member of meetings that u guys arrange time to time.

Thanks in advance.
ATTESTED? No, not needed.
ASSESSED? Yes, very much required if u'd take-up any employment here.

Assessment of Foreign Credentials is a bone of contention here. It's wise to get that done, else Canadian employers might not be aware of the worth of your qualifications. Ditto a requirement for getting credits - if u foresee taking up further education. This can be done either from abroad, or post landing. Takes about a week to 10 days (usually). WES is a good place to start with.

Qorax

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hello every body,
My apologies for the delay in sharing my landing experience as I had some issues with internet availability. I did share it in our google group. Here you go...

Me, my spouse, and two infant babies boarded on Emirates A380 from Dubai to Toronto...14 hour direct journey...service was a bit disappointing and very slow...It was my first A380 flight and was not as excited as i thought...seats were pretty normal comapring to previous planes of emirates...

Declraration form was filled in plane (one per family); this form is required at the customs and is stamped from the immigration officer.
After landing, through a couple of esclators and a long corridor hit big queues out there...around 10 counters in straight horizintal line...
No baby strollers were available there which made it wiered for us carrying two babies in hands; some hand carries.....babies were really tired and crying...(Tip: Please try to have as compact hand carry as possible if you are travelling with babies).
Went to the counter and showed passports and declaration form to officer on the counter; he gave us back and guided us to go ahead on the right side new immigartion counter.
Lined up in the queue and met immigration officer on our turn.
Officer asked us to provide her our contact address and number
Gave her passports, CoPR, declaration form. She filled some enteries in the computer and asked me to sign for myself, and for two of my babies on 3 different places on CoPR. My wife did it herself
Officer returned back to us the passports after crossing on the immigration visa and an entry stamp on ppt; she also gave us the declration form stamped and one copy of CoRP.
She welcomed us warmly and guided us to go to information counter near by
information counter for new immigrants gave us some brouchers and information kit.
went to luggage collection and hired a porter (costs 10$ per three bags)
collected the bags and on the way out, contacted customs...
provided the goods to carry (which she even did not look into) and goods to follw. She stamped on every paper of goods to follow and gave a printed receipt from her computer
came out of airport and hired an airport taxi for 66$ (54$ taxi fare+12$ extra for mini van taxi); this is a normal rate for any where in downtown from airport
taxi driver did not bother baby car seats at all and so did the cope over there
reached church street near bloor and young "Towns inn suits" and checked in to our room (booking was done through booking.com)
I opted for a kitched equipped room so that we can cook ourselves as I was afraid i was not able to get Halal food of our chioce (missed Dubai...)
next two days were sat and sun and we had nothing to do except roming around...
on weekend take a family day pass for 10$ which on the week days is per indivisual costs 10$. Thats a great deal!!!!saves you a lot
Subway staff on the checkin are not very strict and so are the rules...you do not need to show your ticket while you come out. Loved the way they trust their people....
SIN was issued from service canada...
bank account opened at BMO
driving license applied on downsview test drive centre
Mobile SIM taken as prepaid "Chatr" from Rogers which costs monthly 45$... unlimited incoming and unlimited outgoing within canada (landline+mobile)...It was a real wow!!!!!call hours and hours for free....

Will be travelling back to Dubai on Oct 6. And will be coming back to canada as soon as possible after wrapping everything out there...

Regards

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
^
Thanks for the excellent details!
So you are returning with a PR Travel document?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hello every body,
My apologies for the delay in sharing my landing experience as I had some issues with internet availability. I did share it in our google group. Here you go...
Well written piece, Atif. How was your Manitoba trip? See u on the 30th.
Qorax

mohammad76

Feb 9, 2010
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2007
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
IELTS Request
01-11-2009
jawadahmed6065 said:
reached church street near bloor and young "Towns inn suits" and checked in to our room (booking was done through booking.com)
will you guide us about Towns Inn Suits,? good or avg or bad?

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Jawad!!

Congratulations for a safe landing!!

Nicely portrayed details, a quick Q, do you have twins??

Also a suggestion from next time onwards, please do carry umbrella strollers when you travel as I believe most of airlines do allow strollers for toddlers travelling along with cabin luggage

Good luck!!

Nadeem

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
qorax said:
Well written piece, Atif. How was your Manitoba trip? See u on the 30th.
Qorax
I'm still here in Manitoba. Its great though. Place is peaceful and very less population in entire manitoba. You can hardly see any asian immigrant though....Grocery is a big problem and we have to drive to a nearest town brandon for any grocery from our town Neepawa.

Love the greenery over here and waether to my surprise is a bit pleasant. I was expecting it to be much colder than Toronto; but its not.

How was your flight? Have you reached Dubai?

Regards