+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Dears

Kindly advise if your PR application and social security number were done at Toronto airport or SK airport??
Do we need to go to any governmental office after leaving SK airport?
Thanks in advance

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Today i checked my cic account. I noticed that my canadian 'home' address is updated to my current canadian address ( which i gave to the immigration official upon landing)

However, my mailing address is showing as the one i used for my application (i.e in pakistan)

Is that the reason i havent recieved the PR card? Is it mandatory to update canadian address online after landing?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hambousha said:
Dears

Kindly advise if your PR application and social security number were done at Toronto airport or SK airport??
Do we need to go to any governmental office after leaving SK airport?
Thanks in advance
You would be able to apply for a SIN at the airport itself. If the airport you land doesn't have this facility, you can go to the nearest Service Canada center and get your SIN. You can also apply for a health card at a Service Canada Center.

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
You would be able to apply for a SIN at the airport itself. If the airport you land doesn't have this facility, you can go to the nearest Service Canada center and get your SIN. You can also apply for a health card at a Service Canada Center.
Thanks dear
For SK nomination where do we do that: Toronto airport or SK airport ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hambousha said:
Thanks dear
For SK nomination where do we do that: Toronto airport or SK airport ?
I guess the each province is represented by a code in the SIN. So, I would suggest that you get your SIN in SK rather than in ON. Anyone who have done this, please correct me if I am wrong.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I guess the each province is represented by a code in the SIN. So, I would suggest that you get your SIN in SK rather than in ON. Anyone who have done this, please correct me if I am wrong.
I don't think this is correct. I got my SIN at Pearson Airport Toronto, even though my final destination was Calgary, Alberta.

You are free to get your SIN from any Service Canada outlet, irrespective of your final destination.

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
SOTAJ said:
I don't think this is correct. I got my SIN at Pearson Airport Toronto, even though my final destination was Calgary, Alberta.

You are free to get your SIN from any Service Canada outlet, irrespective of your final destination.
And you filled the forms with the immigration officer in Toronto?
Any thing you were obliged to do in Alberta?
You were under PNP or just Federal EE?
Sorry too many questions :(

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
hambousha said:
And you filled the forms with the immigration officer in Toronto?
Any thing you were obliged to do in Alberta?
You were under PNP or just Federal EE?
Sorry too many questions :(
Not with the immigration officer. It was at the Service Canada office after completing the immigration formalities and before taking a connecting flight to Calgary.

Nothing aside from the normal health card processing.

I came in through FSW-Federal Skilled Worker (the last set) I applied in 2014.

Hope the above answered your questions?

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
SOTAJ said:
Not with the immigration officer. It was at the Service Canada office after completing the immigration formalities and before taking a connecting flight to Calgary.

Nothing aside from the normal health card processing.

I came in through FSW-Federal Skilled Worker (the last set) I applied in 2014.

Hope the above answered your questions?
Yeah
Thats very useful
Thanks a lot !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SOTAJ said:

Yes I too thought so but the fact that SIN for different provinces begin with different codes confused me. Thanks for pointing it out.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes I too thought so but the fact that SIN for different provinces begin with different codes confused me. Thanks for pointing it out.
The difference in the 1st 3 digits of the SIN is actually to differentiate a permanent resident from a temporary resident.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear Seniors,

When I submitted my application for the FSW , my designation was something else ... however, after some months my employer said that they will promote me and I will have a higher designation , but this was not sure ... I got promoted before receiving the medical request , which means that the company made me responsible for big tasks and responsibilities and also assured me that after 3-4 months based on my performance in the higher role , they will give me a higher designation ... So once I got my passport back with the stamped visa and COPR ... Now, I give resign to my employer and ask for the experience letter ... So in this letter they mentioned that I worked with them for the 2 roles ... Whereas about my 2nd role , I didn't update to the CIC , as it was not confirmed but now they have mentioned about both of these roles .. So my question is that , will it be a problem if I will apply for jobs in different companies within Canada ? As they are connected to the govt of canada also , I heard ... But this is something , even I was not sure of , as they said that based on my performance they will give me that position ... so when I am receiving the experience certificate , they mentioned the start of my second role from the time when they actually started giving me those responsiblities , that is before receving the Medical request ... please tell me , if that would be a problem ... because I didn't update CIC by then , because also I wasn't sure :/ ... So if I apply to different companies in Canada , I heard that they are interconnected with CIC etc ... So If I will submit this letter to the company .. Will they cross check about the titles and all from CIC also ?

Please advice ..

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Its doesn't matter. If employer will do the background check then they will do with employer. Its v rare they will access CIC.

maplezone said:
Dear Seniors,

When I submitted my application for the FSW , my designation was something else ... however, after some months my employer said that they will promote me and I will have a higher designation , but this was not sure ... I got promoted before receiving the medical request , which means that the company made me responsible for big tasks and responsibilities and also assured me that after 3-4 months based on my performance in the higher role , they will give me a higher designation ... So once I got my passport back with the stamped visa and COPR ... Now, I give resign to my employer and ask for the experience letter ... So in this letter they mentioned that I worked with them for the 2 roles ... Whereas about my 2nd role , I didn't update to the CIC , as it was not confirmed but now they have mentioned about both of these roles .. So my question is that , will it be a problem if I will apply for jobs in different companies within Canada ? As they are connected to the govt of canada also , I heard ... But this is something , even I was not sure of , as they said that based on my performance they will give me that position ... so when I am receiving the experience certificate , they mentioned the start of my second role from the time when they actually started giving me those responsiblities , that is before receving the Medical request ... please tell me , if that would be a problem ... because I didn't update CIC by then , because also I wasn't sure :/ ... So if I apply to different companies in Canada , I heard that they are interconnected with CIC etc ... So If I will submit this letter to the company .. Will they cross check about the titles and all from CIC also ?

Please advice ..

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
The Social Insurance Numbers could start with different digits for different provinces. That is way to organize data.
But it makes no difference to your day to day life or social security entitlements.

mishati

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/9/2014
Nomination.....
28/12/2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
19/3/2015
Med's Request
23/4/2015
Med's Done....
16/6/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
oct 2016
LANDED..........
7th of May
Hi guys

i landed may 7th , in the airport we told the officer that we r staying at a hotel temp, and she didnt take the address of the hotel instead she advised us to update the address by a form or online once we have one , which we did after one month aprx, now i have been told that this is going to delay our pr cards , meaning that the 57 days starts once we put a canadian address , is that true ?? need ur help on this