+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Lammawitch said:
You can travel outside Canada, and return via the U.S. Land border without a PR card/PRTD.

I second sujan197's advice otherwise.
Hi,

After landing in Canada as PR, if we go to US and come back in a private vehicle, is it true that one doesn't need a pr card or travel document to enter Canada.Will it suffice to show the COPR.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prayas said:
Hi,

After landing in Canada as PR, if we go to US and come back in a private vehicle, is it true that one doesn't need a pr card or travel document to enter Canada.Will it suffice to show the COPR.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,
Yes.

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Jas_Gill said:
Hello friends,
I had applied under FSW 2014.The destination mentioned in my COPR is Toronto.I want to land at Calgary.Is it possible.
Gill sahab congratulations, how have you choosen your destination city?

Blue.A

Jul 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends

Any one have Idea about UPS Mailbox we can rent and receive the PR card once it is issuing while we come to make short landing and get outside Canada?

Thank you

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
zsrana said:
Hi,

Please can you help me in Landing thing that i want to bring my LED TV to Canada and i know that there is voltage difference but i am getting converter in Dubai as well which will convert the Volt from 220 to 110. So please guide me that is that ok can i bring with the converter ???

Thank You
Dear,
Yes you can take a converter.
I have checked/researched possibilities,....so

PROS: Nil.

CONS:
1. It is heavy.
2. Its life is limited, not as advertised !
3. You pay tax on the converter on arrival (Rules: All/any item(s) purchased between origin and destination are taxable !!!)
4. It should be x 3 times the wattage of your TV.
5. Cost of converter + it's Wt + TV's Wt + cost of packing + risk of damage ?!
Rather: Sell it & Save (Cost of converter + Tax on converter + Wt of converter + Wt of TV)
6. LED TV's in Canada are cheaper with more option & functions. I Checked that !

Hope it helps you decide.

Regards,
doc2015

adritth

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 16th
Nomination.....
jan 16th
AOR Received.
Feb 26
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
processing from april 1
Med's Request
april 7
Med's Done....
April 14
Interview........
Hopefully waived..TLU April 20
Passport Req..
DM on 21st AUgust..waiting for ppr
Am landing in December ..29th is my flight.. We are family of three..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc2015 said:
Dear,
Yes you can take a converter.
I have checked/researched possibilities,....so

PROS: Nil.

CONS:
1. It is heavy.
2. Its life is limited, not as advertised !
3. You pay tax on the converter on arrival (Rules: All/any item(s) purchased between origin and destination are taxable !!!)
4. It should be x 3 times the wattage of your TV.
5. Cost of converter + it's Wt + TV's Wt + cost of packing + risk of damage ?!
Rather: Sell it & Save (Cost of converter + Tax on converter + Wt of converter + Wt of TV)
6. LED TV's in Canada are cheaper with more option & functions. I Checked that !

Hope it helps you decide.

Regards,
doc2015
If zsrana is a settler, the converter is not subject to tax on arrival. Also, you do realize that when you are traveling from one destination in returning to Canada - you are allowed to bring items tax free up to a certain amount when you are absence for more than 48 hours.

You should check and read the relevant website carefully (before you post your comment)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Blue.A said:
Friends

Any one have Idea about UPS Mailbox we can rent and receive the PR card once it is issuing while we come to make short landing and get outside Canada?

Thank you
better to find any friend or relative, because some time instead of PR they can issue letter for further submission of documents (rarely) in that case how would u receive mailbox mails.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Prayas said:
Hi,

Kindly clarify.

Regards,
YES COPR is sufficient for US only

Jan 18, 2012
Jas_Gill said:
Hello friends,
I had applied under FSW 2014.The destination mentioned in my COPR is Toronto.I want to land at Calgary.Is it possible.
I think, you could landing wherever you want, I applied for Calgary and landed (Jan, 2013)in Monterial first and then complete to Calgary, when you complete your document with airport officer you could go wherever you want with out any identities or documents, good lack and welcome to Calgary,
please don't hesitated for any question

Jan 18, 2012
zsrana said:
Hi,

Please can you help me in Landing thing that i want to bring my LED TV to Canada and i know that there is voltage difference but i am getting converter in Dubai as well which will convert the Volt from 220 to 110. So please guide me that is that ok can i bring with the converter ???

Thank You
I think it's not worth to hold TV with you all this distance, TV here not expensive with 1 year warrenty

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Hi friends,
I am from India,, I am planning to buy new laptop from India, will it work in Canada, do I need to attach any accessories to make it work in Canada,, ,,, and if accessories are costly or its life is limited,, should I postpone my plan and purchase laptop from Canada,,,, please reply, ,, any idea about cost of laptop in Canada,,, Moreover I am in urgent need of laptop,,

Kindly suggest

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karamjeeet said:
Hi friends,
I am from India,, I am planning to buy new laptop from India, will it work in Canada, do I need to attach any accessories to make it work in Canada,, ,,, and if accessories are costly or its life is limited,, should I postpone my plan and purchase laptop from Canada,,,, please reply, ,, any idea about cost of laptop in Canada,,, Moreover I am in urgent need of laptop,,

Kindly suggest
search on google for amazon canada or best buy canada and you can find laptops there ( these are online stores ) . The difference will be the plug, in canada they use different plug so you would need to buy a convertor there .

https://www.google.com/search?q=canada+electric+plug&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIoIDHz9SyyAIVCm8UCh1MtwL2&biw=1366&bih=667

if u buy from india make sure u get international warrenty .

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
FSWCIO said:
folding COPR is fine.
About the POF it's perfect. No need to carry whole lot money with you. you are not a moving bank right?
have a pleasant flight. best of luck...
From my mind satisfaction I am asking same question in details. I am supposed to show 11000+ as POF. If I bring 5000 cash amount and rest in my home country's bank account showing in Bank statement or certificate and easy to access if I need is it ok to satisfy Immigration Officer?

explorer

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: Jun-10
File Transfer...
Mar-10
Med's Request
June-12
Med's Done....
July-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Jan-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2013
I carried my laptop bought in India & it worked fine. You only have to the connection pin converter from round type to flat type. It is available in electric store with price Rs. 20~50. I bought in Canada by $6. Kindly carry genuine software, although nothing was checked at airport or anywhere but still... I think Laptop is cheaper in India.

karamjeeet said:
Hi friends,

Kindly suggest