+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
please I have some questions as regard proof of fund when I land of the Canadian Border. I know that one of the questions they may ask is my proof of fund that I declared during my application process. Should this money be in CAD or naira equivalent?

If it is in Naira equivalent, how do i proof to them at the border that the money can actually be withdrawn in Canada should the need arise?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Righteous said:
please I have some questions as regard proof of fund when I land of the Canadian Border. I know that one of the questions they may ask is my proof of fund that I declared during my application process. Should this money be in CAD or naira equivalent?

If it is in Naira equivalent, how do i proof to them at the border that the money can actually be withdrawn in Canada should the need arise?
If you are moving here for good, I would recommend bringing the money as CAD (cash, draft, or open a bank account in Canada from your home country it is pretty easy).
You would need this money to settle down any way. Showing a home bank account statement has worked out for folks however the decision is of the officer handling your case.

jacob112

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-OCTOBER-2014
Nomination.....
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
TLU 21-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
Dear Friends,
I am planning to land in Edmonton and I saw good options with BA via Vancouver. How many hours gap I should keep for finishing the landing formalities and catching the next flight to Edmonton? BA gives 3hr and 20 Minutes layover, is it enough to finish all procedures at Vancouver?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jacob112 said:
Dear Friends,
I am planning to land in Edmonton and I saw good options with BA via Vancouver. How many hours gap I should keep for finishing the landing formalities and catching the next flight to Edmonton? BA gives 3hr and 20 Minutes layover, is it enough to finish all procedures at Vancouver?
At least 3 hours is a good rule of thumb. As soon as you get off the plane/to immigration, tell them (politely) you have a connecting flight to catch.

Are you booked through to Edmonton with BA? If so, and you get held up, BA will work with you to get you on the next flight. This won't work if you have a separate booking for your Vancouver to Edmonton flight.

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
xylene said:
If you are moving here for good, I would recommend bringing the money as CAD (cash, draft, or open a bank account in Canada from your home country it is pretty easy).
You would need this money to settle down any way. Showing a home bank account statement has worked out for folks however the decision is of the officer handling your case.
thanks xylene i m bringing little amount as cash and the rest as dd

jacob112

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-OCTOBER-2014
Nomination.....
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
TLU 21-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
Lammawitch said:
At least 3 hours is a good rule of thumb. As soon as you get off the plane/to immigration, tell them (politely) you have a connecting flight to catch.

Are you booked through to Edmonton with BA? If so, and you get held up, BA will work with you to get you on the next flight. This won't work if you have a separate booking for your Vancouver to Edmonton flight.
Thanks Bro, Yes BA from Bangalore to Edmonton via London(4hrs) and Vancouver(3 hr 20 minutes),and what I am worried is in case the flight from London to Vancouver get delayed, it can create problem as the time wont be enough.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jacob112 said:
Thanks Bro, Yes BA from Bangalore to Edmonton via London(4hrs) and Vancouver(3 hr 20 minutes),and what I am worried is in case the flight from London to Vancouver get delayed, it can create problem as the time wont be enough.
Flight delays are the airline's problem. As you are booked all the way through from Bangalore to Edmonton, BA will reschedule you on the next available flight if there is a problem (delay), whether in London or Vancouver.

*if* you are delayed leaving London, let the airline know right then that you have a connecting flight from Van to Edmonton that you might miss, & that you have to do landing procedures too. Be polite, calm, firm.

Good luck!!

(Btw, I'm not a "bro", but not offended :D )

nithin

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Lammawitch said:
Flight delays are the airline's problem. As you are booked all the way through from Bangalore to Edmonton, BA will reschedule you on the next available flight if there is a problem (delay), whether in London or Vancouver.

*if* you are delayed leaving London, let the airline know right then that you have a connecting flight from Van to Edmonton that you might miss, & that you have to do landing procedures too. Be polite, calm, firm.

Good luck!!

(Btw, I'm not a "bro", but not offended :D )
Dear friends
flight transit at US airports need a transit visa
What about transits in European airports
Please advise

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nithin said:
Dear friends
Please advise
The UK does not require a transit visa if you have a valid visa for Canada, and are not exiting the airport. Some other European countries have the same rule, but you would have to verify each EU countries' requirements to be sure. (From memory, but check: Amsterdam & Frankfurt don't require transit visas for connections planes, for example).

nithin

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Lammawitch said:
The UK does not require a transit visa if you have a valid visa for Canada, and are not exiting the airport. Some other European countries have the same rule, but you would have to verify each EU countries' requirements to be sure. (From memory, but check: Amsterdam & Frankfurt don't require transit visas for connections planes, for example).
Thanks for the info

nithin

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Dear seniors
While landing for a short period, can I show statement from my Indian bank account and Fixed deposits receipts copies as proof of funds ? I will carry cash required for the expenses of the short stay.
Regards

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Lammawitch said:
You can check in below website:
https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
nithin said:
Dear friends
Please advise
Transit visas are not required in UK, Netherland (Amsterdam), Germany (Frankfurt). Rest of the countries, i am not sure.

mandar.raje

Dec 5, 2013
Dear Friends,
Just wanted to share my Landing Experience.

We did a short landing on Aug 11, travelling all the way from San Francisco to Toronto. With the layover and flight delays we reached Toronto close to midnight local time.
Proof of Funds - We had CAD$14K in Canadian Bank and USD $5K in travelers cheque to cover for $18K. On top of this, we had taken US Bank statements as US Bank money can be easily withdrawn from any ATM in Canada.
List of Goods - As we were doing only short landing, we had no B4/ B4A for accompanying goods. We had detailed B4/B4A (several sheets). For all jewelry, we had printouts of photographs. All of them were in 2 copies.
Landing experience - After arriving we were directed to Customs. The customs forms are given in flight, so we just went to the customs counter. then they directed us to Immigration. Back in 2012 when we moved to Canada for work, the immigration queue was humongous. This time, there was no queue.
Immigration - The IO welcomed us with a smile unlike some other countries. He asked a few questions - why are u moving to Canada if you are living in San Francisco. He finished the formalities with our COPR (stamping) & passports and asked us to sign. He also reviewed the customs form, cancelled our landing visas stamped on passport. He told us not to leave Canada before getting the PR cards. He took our temporary Canada address and said he will enter in the system after we depart the counter. He did not ask for PoF or how many days do we plan to stay.
We were done in less than 10 mins.

Then we moved out and realized we forgot the customs card at the counter. So i returned back and the IO was already half way towards us with the card in his hand. This is another sweet surprise for those used to IOs in other countries. He handed it over with a smile and told me not to worry.

Customs - The customs officer looked at our customs declaration form and said everything is fine. Then we told him we are doing Landing and showed him the B4/B4A forms. He directed us to another room.
There were several Customs officers (the Time of the day (midnight) really helped) available. One of them was just closing his shift but he still hollered at us but then his Supervisor stepped in and pointed us to another counter. The Customs officer with a smile looked at the forms, he asked us to do a grand total of value of all the good together. He was happy that we had 2 copies of everything including photographs of jewelry.
He checked with his buddies @ the Car to be imported. They were not so sure about the Car as vehicle import is handled separately (no-recall pending, Canada admissibility, registration etc are checked only when the vehicle is imported). He took all the forms, stamped them, went to a counter, printed out the customs forms which showed vehicle value + goods value and handed over to us.
It took roughly 15-20 mins due to the calculation of 5-6 sheets of goods.

Thanks again for all the help this forum has provided to make our Landing a smooth and hassle free experience !!
We stayed for 4 nights, met old friends, dined in our favorite joints, visited few attractions and returned back on Aug 16th.

nithin

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
mr.gk said:
You can check in below website:
https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa
THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE
IT IS CLEAR FROM BELOW:

You should apply for a Visitor in Transit visa if you arrive on a flight and will pass through immigration control before you leave the UK.

You might be eligible for ‘transit without visa’ if:

you arrive and depart by air
have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)

One of the following must also apply:

you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country