+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

FSW_NOC_0112

Aug 5, 2015
Hi,

I am a new member of this forum. Let me begin by thanking everyone for sharing information about landing in Canada (300+ pages is a lot to read. I will go through it gradually.)

I am preparring for my Canada Trip and I need your help and guidance for the same.

I am planning for a short landing (@ a week's stay) and then returning back at a later date. However, I am stuck at the Goods to Follow list. Will someone please share a sample with me?

I will be landing in Toronto. What is the process of applying for medical insurance at Toronto. Can I apply for it during my first visit or do I have to wait?

Another thing is, I don't know anyone there. So, can I give my hotel address in the PR Form?

Thanks in advance

FSW_NOC_0112

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Dear all, especially the ones who have done the landing in recent days,

I am having some issues regarding the Canadian address I gave to Immigration officer at the time of my landing. When I gave that address, the officer told me that the PR card will come on this address, after a few days I checked my eCAS and noticed the Current Home address had changed to the Canadian address but the Current Mailing address was still showing my Qatar address (this should be normal as I know from one more guy that only home address is replaced by Canadian address in eCAS), anyways now when I should be expecting to receive the PR cards (landing date was 1st of May and processing time as of now is 87 days), I checked my eCAS and now I notice that my Canadian address has now been replaced with my Qatar address as well and there is no Canadian address being shown in my eCAS. I called the CIC and inquired about my file and told them that my Canadian address has been replaced by my Qatar address in eCAS, the officer was as surprised as I was and when he opened the file he told me that he does not see any Canadian address there so I have to give him the address and now I have to wait again as the PR card processing will start from today onwards and my file has been updated just now with the Canadian address.

I tried to explain to him that the system had my Canadian address and its not my fault its not there now so please try to help me by not delaying my PR card further. The officer said that its out of his hands as he can only see in the system that there was no Canadian address in my file and he can not see anything more. He further said that I should not be worried about it as the only time I will need the PR card will be if I need to travel out of country and a travel document can be arranged to make up for that.

I just needed to know if this has happened to anyone apart from me that their Canadian address just got deleted and they did not receive the PR card because of that. Any such cases anybody noticed around?

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hi all, i am happy to announce that i have landed in ontario yesterday. A memorable journey finally comes to an end for a new start.

Best of luck to every1 waiting...

BTW any idea which mobile.network is best in ontario?

Freelancer_78

Nov 26, 2014
Hi

Travelling for a permanent stay by the end of the month. Question is what address should I give to immigration officer at the airport for the PR card while I have no Canadian address yet nor I know anyone in Canada.

Please help

Thanks

aks2010

Star Member
May 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014; Lawyer/consultant hired?: No.; PER Received.: 07-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015; Med's Results Rcvd: 26-05-2015;
Passport Req..
22-07-2015; Decision Made:25-07-2015; Passport Submitted: 27-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015; Passport Returned: 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015;ECAS Status:Complete 31-10-2015
Those who arranged for accommodation prior to landing, please share your experiences and knowledge.

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
Wow!! Wish you all the best for your new life ;D ;D ;D

fahad007 said:
Hi all, i am happy to announce that i have landed in ontario yesterday. A memorable journey finally comes to an end for a new start.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
mastfadi said:
Dear all, especially the ones who have done the landing in recent days,

I am having some issues regarding the Canadian address I gave to Immigration officer at the time of my landing. When I gave that address, the officer told me that the PR card will come on this address, after a few days I checked my eCAS and noticed the Current Home address had changed to the Canadian address but the Current Mailing address was still showing my Qatar address (this should be normal as I know from one more guy that only home address is replaced by Canadian address in eCAS), anyways now when I should be expecting to receive the PR cards (landing date was 1st of May and processing time as of now is 87 days), I checked my eCAS and now I notice that my Canadian address has now been replaced with my Qatar address as well and there is no Canadian address being shown in my eCAS. I called the CIC and inquired about my file and told them that my Canadian address has been replaced by my Qatar address in eCAS, the officer was as surprised as I was and when he opened the file he told me that he does not see any Canadian address there so I have to give him the address and now I have to wait again as the PR card processing will start from today onwards and my file has been updated just now with the Canadian address.

I tried to explain to him that the system had my Canadian address and its not my fault its not there now so please try to help me by not delaying my PR card further. The officer said that its out of his hands as he can only see in the system that there was no Canadian address in my file and he can not see anything more. He further said that I should not be worried about it as the only time I will need the PR card will be if I need to travel out of country and a travel document can be arranged to make up for that.

I just needed to know if this has happened to anyone apart from me that their Canadian address just got deleted and they did not receive the PR card because of that. Any such cases anybody noticed around?
it happens sometimes.
But keep checking. If nothing happens contact area's current MP (member of parliament).
(use google to find them)

Keep monitoring timeline of pr card (cic website) and call them if time passes without pr card arrival.

For those that don't have address, tell immigration that you will provide address once you have one by phone to 1-888-242-2100 (cic call centre)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
fahad007 said:

telus, rogers and bell have the best coverage but all three of them are very expensive, however they also operate under cheaper brands so you could choose any of those:
Kodoo (owned by Telus)
Fido (owned by Rogers)
Virgin mobile (uses Bell's network)

they offer very similiar packages so there's hardly any difference between kodoo or fido for example, just a matter of personal preference.

there are other cheaper mobile services providers too but they have much less coverage i.e. Mobilicity, Wind mobile and Public mobile

dr saeed

Aug 8, 2015
realy nice
wana ask few questions. if u know
i m a mbbs doctor. now wana do some postgraduation.. most of the universities wont acccept gp or the ielts score they demand is much .. can u please tell me the university that has most flexible rules. i want to do postgraduation in infectioous diseases or community medicine

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Freelancer_78 said:
Hi

Travelling for a permanent stay by the end of the month. Question is what address should I give to immigration officer at the airport for the PR card while I have no Canadian address yet nor I know anyone in Canada.

Please help

Thanks
I am also in travelling in the same boat :'( Really wondering how can a new comer (who does not have any friends and family in canada) can provide them the address on landing.

There must be some way wherein we can notify them later with the address.

Have you tried sending e-mail to CIC or somewhere else?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
ashishv said:
I am also in travelling in the same boat :'( Really wondering how can a new comer (who does not have any friends and family in canada) can provide them the address on landing.

This might help

http://theupsstore.ca/services/mailboxes/

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=postal_boxes

SK1123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
19-11-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-052015
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
3-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
3-06-2015... PP return: 6-7-2015
LANDED..........
hopefully Midd August
ashishv said:

You can provide hotel address during landing process. Once you settle in apartment, you can change your address in ECAS or call immigration to update address.

I will be landing in Calgary on 20th August and I don't have address either. I enquired few people and check if ECAS if mentioned option available.... Yes it is possible. Anyway I will share my experience of above option will work.

javoo

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Nomination.....
26-10-2014