+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
yeydme said:
Hi qorax can you please suggest any cargo services in dubai we can use to send our things to canada?thank you!
1. If possible avoid any. The shipment cost will not make it worth the effort/s.
2. If u have to - don't use "Ruby Cargo". A member of our google-friendsCircle had to pay twice [once in Dubai & again in Canada].
3. I didn't use any - so didn't any of our friends. Thus, regrets, am unaware of the other shippers.

Qorax

yeydme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-02-2010
Med's Request
23-08-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2010
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
qorax said:
1. If possible avoid any. The shipment cost will not make it worth the effort/s.
2. If u have to - don't use "Ruby Cargo". A member of our google-friendsCircle had to pay twice [once in Dubai & again in Canada].
3. I didn't use any - so didn't any of our friends. Thus, regrets, am unaware of the other shippers.

Qorax
Ok thank you!

GEN. GUDU

Star Member
May 2, 2011
mystic444 said:
Yes, I sent the passports from Kuwait to London office by DHL
Thanks and one more question. If you did your medical from Kuwait then please tell me which DMP is best here as you have experienced. And what is cost for one person?

Thanks in advance

mystic444

Jun 20, 2010
GEN. GUDU said:
Thanks and one more question. If you did your medical from Kuwait then please tell me which DMP is best here as you have experienced. And what is cost for one person?

Thanks in advance
I had done my medicals at Riyad Saud Al Nafisi, Maidan Hawali.

I cannot remember the exact amount but I think it was 50Kd per person + Xray and blood tests separately.

sps

Oct 21, 2008
Hi Qorax,

I landed in Toronto last year and got the PR cards for myself, my spouse and my daughter. We are currently back in India and plan to move to Cananda sometime mid of next year.

My daughter's Indian passport expires in August. We need to change her first name. I know the process to get it changed for the Indian Passport. Since I have already got her PR card in the old name, do you know the process to change that with the new name in her Canadian PR card.

Regards
SPS

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sps said:
Hi Qorax,

I landed in Toronto last year and got the PR cards for myself, my spouse and my daughter. We are currently back in India and plan to move to Cananda sometime mid of next year.

My daughter's Indian passport expires in August. We need to change her first name. I know the process to get it changed for the Indian Passport. Since I have already got her PR card in the old name, do you know the process to change that with the new name in her Canadian PR card.

Regards
SPS
It's a long process... needs to be done 'in Canada'... avoid doing it now, while abroad.
Qorax

AmirAgha

Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Request
15-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 07, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
July 9, 2011
Hi there,

1. I have a question about landing. I am already in Toronto as a student. I want to land via a Port of Entry (POE). However, I don't want to do the "flagpoling" thing at the US side. I have heard the Fort Erie border (Peace Bridge) does the landing process without a need to go to the US side. Is that true?

2. Can I show a letter from my supervisor confirming that I am getting scholarship etc. as a proof of fund? Because I don't have enough funds in my bank account.

3. While I have landed and not received my PR card yet, can I travel to US?

Many thanks,

Amir

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AmirAgha said:
Hi there,

1. I have a question about landing. I am already in Toronto as a student. I want to land via a Port of Entry (POE). However, I don't want to do the "flagpoling" thing at the US side. I have heard the Fort Erie border (Peace Bridge) does the landing process without a need to go to the US side. Is that true?

2. Can I show a letter from my supervisor confirming that I am getting scholarship etc. as a proof of fund? Because I don't have enough funds in my bank account.

3. While I have landed and not received my PR card yet, can I travel to US?

Many thanks,

Amir
1. What's wrong with flag-polling? No POE will permit 'landing' w/out exit/entry - that's exactly what flag-polling is all about today.
2. If u have a job - u don't require to demonstrate the POF. Yes, that scholarship letter will work.
3. Yes, u can visit the US, w/out PR cards. All u require is a tourist visa, if u aren't from a visa exempt nation.

Qorax

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Dear Qorax,

We will be going to Canada on 7th October 2011. Our Itinerary is Manila-Vancouver-Calgary. Based on our trip will land first at Vacouver. Am I right? Will do landing formalities in Vacouver already? Meaning will apply for our PR cards in Vancouver not in Calgary? if the Immigration Officer ask as where to send our PR cards, I will tell them our address in Calgary. Is that alright? What about landing in Calgary? If we already done with the landing formalities in Vancouver, what are we going to do? Just inform the IM officer in Calgary that we alreday done in Vacouver ang just present them the papers we received in Vancouver? Applying in Vacouver for PR cards will that affect the normal waiting period of PR cards? What I know is 45 days.

Thank you very much Qorax. God bless!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
Based on our trip will land first at Vacouver. Am I right? Will do landing formalities in Vacouver already? Meaning will apply for our PR cards in Vancouver not in Calgary? if the Immigration Officer ask as where to send our PR cards, I will tell them our address in Calgary. Is that alright? What about landing in Calgary? If we already done with the landing formalities in Vancouver, what are we going to do? Just inform the IM officer in Calgary that we alreday done in Vacouver ang just present them the papers we received in Vancouver? Applying in Vacouver for PR cards will that affect the normal waiting period of PR cards? What I know is 45 days.
You will do your landing formalities in Vancouver because that is the only place where you go through immigration. When you fly from Vancouver to Calgary, it is a domestic flight so you do not go through immigration again. Give the IO in Vancouver your Calgary address and your PR cards will be sent there. No delay.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Dear Qorax,

We are going to Calgary but will stop over at Vacouver for 3 hrs before going to Calgary. Will be doing our landing formalities in Vancouver already right? What do you by landing formalities? Application of PR cards only? Meaning if they ask us where to send our PR card is it okay to tell them our address in Calgary? What will be the difference if we apply our Vacouver and in Calgary? What about our SIN?

If we do our formalities in Vacouver, what our we going to do in Calgary Immigration? we'll just present the forms / papers we received in Vacouver and show them to Calgary IM officers. If we alredy done with landing formalities in Vacuover, meaning we are not going anymore to the IM office.

Is it also 45 days? The PR cards before we receive?

Please advice..

Thank you very much and God bless!

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Thank you Leon!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deear Leon,

I know somebody who will land directly to Calgary... Can they do their landing formalities their?

Thank you and God bless!!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
iluvbaguio said:
Thank you Leon!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deear Leon,

I know somebody who will land directly to Calgary... Can they do their landing formalities their?

Thank you and God bless!!!
Yes.