landing in BC?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on which day and time you are landing. Peace arcs are usually much slower during peak hours or busy times, especially during weekends...

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
so i should go for pacific as i am crossing during weekend?

Can you please answer these quetsions too?
1. is there any public transport to any of these border?
2. Can we do flagpoling by walking(pedestrian )>i mean Can accompanying person can stay in car in parking lot ?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
sofiasofia said:
so i should go for pacific as i am crossing during weekend?

Can you please answer these quetsions too?
1. is there any public transport to any of these border?
2. Can we do flagpoling by walking(pedestrian )>i mean Can accompanying person can stay in car in parking lot ?
I landed at Peace Arch at Night. Around 9PM at a weekend. Yes the car lines are busy but pedestrians, well it was just me. Walking to the US and back only takes for about 20 minutes tops. When you come back, because you are flagpoling and you are holding a piece of paper, you get to a special line, which is usually always empty, so they attend to you right away. The whole procedure wouldn't take more than 45 minutes.

I did flagpoling both for visa and landing at Peace Arch three times. Friendly, funny and kind staff.

There should be some public transport for sure. Check the internet.

The person accompanying you should stay in the car or at the Canadian side. There is a parking lot at the Canadian border, at Peace Arch there are always empty spots.

Hope this helped,

Happy landing,

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
I just did my landing the other night at the Peace Arch. I'm not sure about public transport but if you look on Google Maps i'm sure there is something that will get you close enough. If you can drive, keep your eyes open for the 'peace arch provincial park sign', basically it's the last right turn before you are committed to the border, (it's also the same exit as the duty free). Park in the peace arch park car park, walk down to the US border, tell them you are changing your status in Canada, they will send you back with a piece of paper to show you have seen them, walk back to Canada, do your landing, then walk back to your car and you are all done! It took me about 35 mins start to finish at 8pm on a weeknight.

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
There's also the border services at twassassen/Point Roberts, which is much quieter and quicker than the peace arch.