+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing (Implied status )

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need help,

I am on an implied status and going to do flag pole at the US - Canada border by next week, I know that the officers will ask me for my status in Canada. Can I landing with implied status? I have already applied for the Bridging Open Work Permit and still waiting for the result. PLEASE help.

Thank You and much appreciated.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Re: Landing on an implied status

Are you going back to work with the same employer? I will say you can.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Landing on an implied status

you can. bring all the paperwork to prove you applied for bowp before your visa expired, so the letter of acknowledgement from CIC and receipt of payment.

ctaylor8676

Jul 28, 2015
If you are on implied status and you leave the country you cannot come back in as a worker. You do not need to flagpole to activate implied status. Once your current visa expires you then become on implied status - it's implied ;)

But seriously if you leave the country you loose your implied status. Do not leave Canada.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ctaylor8676 said:
If you are on implied status and you leave the country you cannot come back in as a worker. You do not need to flagpole to activate implied status. Once your current visa expires you then become on implied status - it's implied ;)

But seriously if you leave the country you loose your implied status. Do not leave Canada.
that's not what he/she is asking. they want to activate their PR from being on implied.
Also you do not go on implied status just because your visa expires. you need to have applied for something else and be waiting on a decision.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meya06 said:
Need help,

I am on an implied status and going to do flag pole at the US - Canada border by next week, I know that the officers will ask me for my status in Canada. Can I landing with implied status? I have already applied for the Bridging Open Work Permit and still waiting for the result. PLEASE help.

I did it. They didn't even ask to see the evidence of my implied status - just wanted my old work permit, which had expired already. Bring evidence you applied for the new one before the old one expired (I just brought a screenshot from MyCIC) and it's all good.

Reactions: Jhegel

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Landed with implied status at Sarnia Bluewater Bridge. Officer didn't ask to see my proof of implied status.

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
Meya06 said:
Need help,

You have been given a single entry Permanent Resident Visa (Stamped on your passport) for the sole purpose of entering canada. Dont worry about your implied status, just carry all docs with you incase proof is asked for (unlikely).