+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing funds needed 11000 can i take 7500 only...

B

barackobamaisgood

wxyz123 said:
they do accept man. I have seen people on this forum who produced statements at POE and were accepted. You can start a new thread if you want a proof
THANKS FOR THE TIPS..

IF NOTHING WORKS..I'LL DEFINITELY TRY THIS..

Jul 21, 2011
barackobamaisgood said:
THANKS FOR THE TIPS..

you can also ask your uncle barak hussian obama about this issue. he might be helpful. ;D

hows things going in nepali dance bars. thamel area in kathmandu is hot

B

barackobamaisgood

229334 said:
you can also ask your uncle barak hussian obama about this issue. he might be helpful. ;D

hows things going in nepali dance bars. thamel area in kathmandu is hot
Idiot

Jul 21, 2011
barackobamaisgood said:
;D

i called uncle barak obama today and he said to tell you that you can carry 7500 in cash and rest in bank draft and uncle will take care of the rest so chill baby

Allegra66

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
If it is any consolation, I landed with my daughter in May and had only $8000 on me cash with about £200 cash as I did not have time to cash more than that. I however, had my title deed for my house in London etc but to be honest, no one queried the amount and this was only recorded by the customs guy and this was also the case with the family of 4 who landed on the same day as us. We got chatting on the queue and she asked if we had brought the required amount as they only brought $10,000 for four of them and again, this was not an issue and they only said if we had more than $10k then this I guess as is the custom of all countries is to declare this.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
The landing requirement is not to show that you have sufficient funds physically upon your person, but that you have sufficient funds somewhere. That is why a recent bank statement showing sufficient funds is fine (provided the bank statement is in your name). The funds are supposed to be yours. Thus, cash and cash equivalents are fine (you are deemed to be the owner of those funds). If you had a stock brokerage account in your name with negotiable securities in it, that would be acceptable as well. I'd be surprised if they would accept evidence of something illiquid (e.g., that you own a property somewhere) since that wouldn't really provide for your support, but it is the border officer's discretion.

The level of scrutiny at the border is not nearly so high as the scrutiny applied by CIC in vetting your application. They see many people at the border each day. They understand that you've spent months or years getting to the point where you can land. They know you've already demonstrated sufficient financial capacity at some point to the visa office. So yes, they will want you to have the requisite paperwork, but unless they have reason to suspect you of being untruthful, their inspection will be cursory - and I have never heard of someone being refused at the border because they didn't have landing funds in cash with them.

The $10,000 declaration limit relates to money laundering - illicit funds for drugs, smuggling, etc. That's why they imposed that rule in the first place. That is also why you have to declare it, but there is nothing wrong with having more. If you do not declare it, that will make them think your funds are illicit. Mostly, they just keep that information for their records. Come through once with lots of cash and they don't care. Do it every week and they will start to take notice.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
wxyz123 said:
Man just carry 7500 in cash and rest in the form of bank statement from a nepali bank. you will be all right at POE in canada. Nobody would stop you carrying a bank statement.
Bank statements when providing proof of funds for landing are a grey area.

Certainly bank statements in CAD from a Canadian bank would be accepted, and also I think any international bank such as HSBC in an easily transferrable currency (USD, GBP or Euro) would also be fine. As the currencies and nationalities of the banks get more diverse, the border officials become less inclined to accept these.

Please remember that entry into Canada is still technically at the discretion of the border official. If he/she is not completely convinced that you have adequate funds to support yourself in Canada, then he/she can refuse you entry.

Is it not possible for you to set up a Canadian bank account remotely from your own country, transfer the funds electronically, and then get statements in CAD from this new bank account?

I certainly would not risk flying over with a bank statement from a Nepali bank. I think that is too much of a risk. The immigration official may accept it, they may not even ask to see proof of funds (they don't always), but if they ask for it and decide they don't wish to accept it, then unless you are from a visitor-visa exempt country you will not be able to enter Canada at all and will have to come home.

I would also not risk taking a draft and not telling the authorities about it as you leave Nepal, if the limit is definitely $7500. The border officials take these matters pretty seriously and if you are caught you may have more to worry about than just whether or not you can land in Canada.

Another option may be to drive into India and get a flight from India, but then do the same rules apply at the border if you leave the country by car?

It's a difficult one. You could roll the the dice and take Nepali statements. They may not ask for proof of funds when you land. If they do, they may accept these Nepali statements. But then, they may not, and I would hate to see you have to turn around and come home again!

Wayne.

shuhash

Star Member
May 21, 2010
barackobamaisgood said:
THANKS FOR THE TIPS..

dude .. can u not buy the dollars from a broker instead of bank.. you might end up paying higher exchange rate but that might work. .. this might not be legal in many countries though .. its up to you .. you can get 7500 from bank and rest from broker ..