+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing from GTA by bus

geeladys

Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can provide some info on how I can flagpole by bus. I don't have a car, was hoping to go on the weekend, just need a little guidance.

Thanks,

Camq

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-2015--PCC
AOR Received.
07-2014
Med's Request
01-2015
Passport Req..
10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-2015
LANDED..........
11-2015
do you needed a USA Visa to validate your CoPR, if your planning to go to Niagara?

geeladys

Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

I just did my landing so I thought I'd share the info for people who are doing it by bus.
I took the Go transit from Union to Niagara Falls. This requires that you take lakeshore west Go train, transfer at Burlington to take the 12-Niagara Falls Go Bus. There were taxis parked outside, because of the weather I took one to rainbow bridge, he dropped me off right in front it was about 10.00 for the drive. I then walked over on the pedestrian side, to cross the bridge you have to pay 50 cents. Once I got to the US side, I told them I'm doing a flagpole landing, they handed me a sheet and I headed back on over to the Canadian side of the bridge and presented my passport and the sheet. I was then directed to a building nearby and they did my landing I had to provide something with my address on it so I gave them a bank statement.

You do not need a valid US visa to do this.

Good luck!

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Camq said:
do you needed a USA Visa to validate your CoPR, if your planning to go to Niagara?
No you don't need US visa.. But

1 - If you want to flagpole from rainbow bridge and don't have us visa, they will refuse you and may put something on your passport.. (not sure about the process of refusal)

2 - If you want to flagpole from peace bridge you have an option to re-enter canada without even going to the US side.. there is a U-Turn on the road say "Return to Canada". Once you take a U-Turn you simply go the CBSA officer, and they will guide you from there.

I took option 2 last week. I am not sure about buses from GTA going there, I took my car.