+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing experience

jstar

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi All,

Here is my landing experience at the Thousand Island Bridge near Kingston, ON.

Once I reached close to the Canadian border office, I stopped at the duty free shop to get some information. Young girl at the cash directed us to the emigration office. Walked to the immigration and border service building. Explained the officer that I am here to do the landing procedure. He said to go to the US border get refusal and re-enter Canada. Bit nervous because I did not have US visa and don't want to get any refusal on my passport. What I read from some of the forum is that's normal procedure. I just drove to the US border there were only 2 cars long which was good.
Once I got to the US border control, I explained to the guy that basically we wanted to do landing process and I don't have US visa, the guy said “lower you windows fully bud and show me your id”. I handed over our passport, while he was looking at it, he was firing 4 to 5 questions: where do you live, what is your profession? Have you been to US before? I had answer for all his question, but for one question I felt like laughing why did not you apply for US visa, I just smiled and shrugged my shoulder. He communicated in the wireless, took our passport and directed us to park the car in the parking lot. Another officer directed to parking lot. After parking the officer asked us to hand over the car keys in exchange for a yellow piece of paper, and told us to go into the office and wait to be seen.

My nervous level ramped to level 2. We entered the building another officer said, turn off all you cell phone and take a seat. There were few people sitting with family. Within a minute a smart mean looking guy behind the desk called our names. He asked do you have visa, I said no, he looked into the computer for a minute and then asked me where I am living, same questions..bla bla He said I have to give refuse entry to US. I said OK. He said be seated and I will call once I finish my paper work. We were sitting for 15 minutes and were watching all the officers at the desk. None had a smile on their face. The officer called our name, took picture and finger print. Handed our passport (no stamp) and gave the refuse entry letter. Last he said it is just administrative procedure you guys are fine, with a smile he said “have a great day”. We got back to the car returned the yellow slip and got our key back. The officer who took the key directed us straight across the road to the Canadian side.

Drove to the Canadian side, no line up. Welcome and bonjur said the Canadian border control officer. Explained him that we are here to do the landing process. He asked “ did you buy anything from the US duty free shop? He gave us a form and directed us to the office on the left side. Parked the car and went inside to the immigration desk. Canadian side everything looked just like a regular Wal-Mart cash counter... I mean people were showing their receipts and paying tax to the officer for whatever they bought in US (black Friday). We went to the landing process section, girl at the desk took the passport said “I will call you once I finish the paper work. After finished dealing with one person she called us and asked me a few questions like how much money was i bringing into Canada, and do i have any goods to follow. The best part was to sign in to a white box and if I go out of the box, I can not complete my landing process. Stapled the COPR form in the passport. She explained my PR card would come through the mail in 8-12 weeks and might even take longer. In case of emergency she said cross the border (by land) and fly from US and back to US and cross to Canada. She said “take care guys” and we were on our way.

Our journey of Canadian PR took 2 years. Its kind of emotional, disappointment and at times frustrating..finally happy ending. First and for most I thank God for helping me to reach my goal. Thanks to all those who shared their experience, answered to my questions. I should at least mention one name "Qorax" for replying to my question.
I never believed in luck so i am not wishing you all a good luck, in stead i will say god's willing everything is gon be fine.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jstar said:
Hi All,

Once I reached close to the Canadian border office, I stopped at the duty free shop to get some information. Young girl at the cash directed us to the emigration office. Walked to the immigration and border service building. Explained the officer that I am here to do the landing procedure. He said to go to the US border get refusal and re-enter Canada. Bit nervous because I did not have US visa and don't want to get any refusal on my passport. What I read from some of the forum is that's normal procedure. I just drove to the US border there were only 2 cars long which was good.
Once I got to the US border control, I explained to the guy that basically we wanted to do landing process and I don't have US visa, the guy said “lower you windows fully bud and show me your id”. I handed over our passport, while he was looking at it, he was firing 4 to 5 questions: where do you live, what is your profession? Have you been to US before? I had answer for all his question, but for one question I felt like laughing why did not you apply for US visa, I just smiled and shrugged my shoulder. He communicated in the wireless, took our passport and directed us to park the car in the parking lot. Another officer directed to parking lot. After parking the officer asked us to hand over the car keys in exchange for a yellow piece of paper, and told us to go into the office and wait to be seen.

My nervous level ramped to level 2. We entered the building another officer said, turn off all you cell phone and take a seat. There were few people sitting with family. Within a minute a smart mean looking guy behind the desk called our names. He asked do you have visa, I said no, he looked into the computer for a minute and then asked me where I am living, same questions..bla bla He said I have to give refuse entry to US. I said OK. He said be seated and I will call once I finish my paper work. We were sitting for 15 minutes and were watching all the officers at the desk. None had a smile on their face. The officer called our name, took picture and finger print. Handed our passport (no stamp) and gave the refuse entry letter. Last he said it is just administrative procedure you guys are fine, with a smile he said “have a great day”. We got back to the car returned the yellow slip and got our key back. The officer who took the key directed us straight across the road to the Canadian side.

Drove to the Canadian side, no line up. Welcome and bonjur said the Canadian border control officer. Explained him that we are here to do the landing process. He asked “ did you buy anything from the US duty free shop? He gave us a form and directed us to the office on the left side. Parked the car and went inside to the immigration desk. Canadian side everything looked just like a regular Wal-Mart cash counter... I mean people were showing their receipts and paying tax to the officer for whatever they bought in US (black Friday). We went to the landing process section, girl at the desk took the passport said “I will call you once I finish the paper work. After finished dealing with one person she called us and asked me a few questions like how much money was i bringing into Canada, and do i have any goods to follow. The best part was to sign in to a white box and if I go out of the box, I can not complete my landing process. Stapled the COPR form in the passport. She explained my PR card would come through the mail in 8-12 weeks and might even take longer. In case of emergency she said cross the border (by land) and fly from US and back to US and cross to Canada. She said “take care guys” and we were on our way.

Our journey of Canadian PR took 2 years. Its kind of emotional, disappointment and at times frustrating..finally happy ending. First and for most I thank God for helping me to reach my goal. Thanks to all those who shared their experience, answered to my questions. I should at least mention one name "Qorax" for replying to my question.
I never believed in luck so i am not wishing you all a good luck, in stead i will say god's willing everything is gon be fine.
Congrats buddy...
And Welcome to Canada !

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Congratulation...
so, why don't you have visa? means you over stayed...? or you are on h1b and have I797 only? could you please explain so others can understand about this situation, we have some members here those dont have visa means they overstayed after entering in the USA.

OMM

jstar said:
Hi All,

jstar

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Nothing like that.. I live in canada. The officer at the border cross booth asked me why did not you apply for one.. i said i never had time to do ... busy working

jstar

omm said:
Well Congratulation...
so, why don't you have visa? meanse you over stayed...? or you on h1b and have I797? could you please explain so others can understand about this situation, we have some members here those dont have visa means they overstayed after entering in the USA.

OMM

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK Got it...

OMM

jstar said:
Nothing like that.. I live in canada. The officer at the border cross booth asked me why did not you apply for one.. i said i never had time to do ... busy working

jstar

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
gkhaira said:
Hi,
Please advise, if we need to have passport size pictures at the time of landing?

Thanks,
Keep extra set of pics with u of all applicants. Pics should be as per specification given in PPR letter. Generally IO don't bother to ask but it is better that u check with IO whether pics are ok or not

gud luk
asyousuf