Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Air1220 said:
You need to carry
one address proof: bank statement/Canadian driving license/ home agreement (which proves that you are staying in Ontario)
Photo ID: Passport
Proof of ur immigration status: Landing document

I applied for health card one month after landing as I had no address proof. You can apply for the card within 3 months of landing, but it will only cover you once you complete 3 months in Ontario after landing.

Cheers,

AiR :)
Hi Air, Regarding the address proof what address proof you gave??

Aycan1998

Oct 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Air1220 said:
Thanks...

I am in Mississauga. Finding a job is a difficult and a hard task. I don't have friends / relatives here.

Best way is to come with a positive frame of mind and should be open to take any job. And you should not be reluctant to ask anyone for a favor. In my case, I was crossing an office and went inside to ask if they have any job, and I was hired within 48 hours after landing. Its not very much related to my field but it's a lot better than the survival job.

Do ur best, god will do the rest.

Thanks,

Hi AiR, I agree with you it is all about your attitude. Landed last week for final settlement and already I got a lease on a 2 bed apartment in Mississauga. Next step get my kid sorted out with school and get a job and get my G license. I will take a few drivers lessons to ensure I pass. But still my goal is to remain positive ;D

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Air1220 said:
Info: Now u dont need to fill the PR card application at the time of landing... U just need to provide local address where they can send u your PR card...
Hi air,

Congrats for successfully landing in canada and wish u good luck with rest of things.
U suggest to provide local address at the port of entry - if one decides to stay in hotel for short time then whts the procedure.pls share if u r aware of such info.

Tks & rgds,
Art.

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
art2012 said:
Hi air,

Congrats for successfully landing in canada and wish u good luck with rest of things.
U suggest to provide local address at the port of entry - if one decides to stay in hotel for short time then whts the procedure.pls share if u r aware of such info.

Tks & rgds,
Art.
Hi Art,

Thanks for the wishes.

You can give hotel address at the time of entry. But be sure you are going to stay there for 3 months atleast, as you will get ur PR card in 2-3 months. If you change ur accommodation in the meantime...inform the agency, so that they can send you ur PR card at the new address.

All the best,

AiR

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Aycan1998 said:
Hi AiR, I agree with you it is all about your attitude. Landed last week for final settlement and already I got a lease on a 2 bed apartment in Mississauga. Next step get my kid sorted out with school and get a job and get my G license. I will take a few drivers lessons to ensure I pass. But still my goal is to remain positive ;D
Nice to hear that you are in Mississauga... Hope you are enjoying it here...

All the best..

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Air1220 said:
Hi Art,

Thanks for the wishes.

You can give hotel address at the time of entry. But be sure you are going to stay there for 3 months atleast, as you will get ur PR card in 2-3 months. If you change ur accommodation in the meantime...inform the agency, so that they can send you ur PR card at the new address.

All the best,

AiR

Thanks air for information.
Rgds,
Art.

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Completed 6 Months:

I have been reading people commenting / sharing their experiences and reasons for not to come to Canada.

However, I have a different version.

I think it is a land of opportunities... doesn't matter where are you or where you from... if you move to a new place...u start from the scratch... So is the case here in Canada...You may be doing excellent in your home country...but when you move to a new place..no one knows how good u r.. When I moved to Canada (six months ago) I took up the job which came my way (fortunately just after 72 hours of Landing).. but, because of that job I could earn my living and started saving.. Now, after six months, I have been promoted and I am in a situation where I can choose what I want, than just taking anything or everything which comes way...

I firmly believe, if you lucky enough to be here...make full of it...and give ur 100%... do ur best...GOD will do the rest..

Best Wishes,