ruby13

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have landed on Vancouver airport along with my spouse and thought of sharing my experience:

Flight was uneventful. First airline agent only looked at the passport, visa and declaration card. We told them that we are here for first time landing and she asked to get our luggage first and then she directed to the next immigration counter.

We got our luggage and follow the signs for new immigrants counter. We were the only one there for landing.The officer at first counter looked at our passports, visa stamp and declaration card and gave us all the welcome packages and told us to how to apply for SIN and Health card. And then he told that you will be interviewed by the officer at the next counter.

We reached at the next counter and the officer asked for passports, declaration cards and COPR's. She asked few questions:
Have you ever convicted in any crime?
Ever refused entry to canada?
Marital status and dependentds?
And how much cash we are carrying in CAD Dollars?

We answered all the questions and she asked us to have a seat. After approximate 3 to 5 mins she called us to sign the COPR's and gave us the copies.

No POF and photographs were asked in our case. As we did not have any goods to follow she said no CBSA forms or anything is needed.

Our flight landed at 2 O' clock and we were out of the airport at 3 pm.

Its was a really smooth landing. Much better than I expected.

I hope it helps!! :D

Waiting for PR card and theytold will take around 6 to 8 weeks!!!

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Good to hear ! ;D

How long did it take from ITA to landing? I can see from your signature that it took about 7 months?

Enjoy your new life in Canada ! :D

MAStewart

Jan 31, 2016
Queensland, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
Thanks for sharing. I think other people should continue to write their landing experience here! Nice to see good news!

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hi Ruby,

Thanks for sharing the experience of landing in Vancouver as a new immigrant. I just landed today at Vancouver. My experience was largely similar to yours, at least up to the point of signing the COPR. However, after that, nobody asked me for a copy of a list of goods accompanying me, let alone a list of goods follow, even though I had prepared 2 copies of both! The officer who interviewed me and signed my COPR merely asked me to give my declaration card to 'customs'. So I just gave it to the man before the exist of the airport, who was collecting the declaration card. Was I supposed to have gone to a specific 'customs' counter for new immigrants??

For some reason, it did not occur to me to ask about this (list of goods) when I was at the airport. What should I do now, if anything?

Also, contrary to many people's shared stories, nobody was really guiding me through the process. And the officer didn't even say 'congratulations on becoming a PR' (I was totally getting ready to get emotional upon hearing that declaration!) nor 'welcome to Canada'. He just said 'you are all set and have a nice day". Well ...

ruby13 said:
Hello everyone,

I have landed on Vancouver airport along with my spouse and thought of sharing my experience:

Flight was uneventful. First airline agent only looked at the passport, visa and declaration card. We told them that we are here for first time landing and she asked to get our luggage first and then she directed to the next immigration counter.

We got our luggage and follow the signs for new immigrants counter. We were the only one there for landing.The officer at first counter looked at our passports, visa stamp and declaration card and gave us all the welcome packages and told us to how to apply for SIN and Health card. And then he told that you will be interviewed by the officer at the next counter.

We reached at the next counter and the officer asked for passports, declaration cards and COPR's. She asked few questions:

We answered all the questions and she asked us to have a seat. After approximate 3 to 5 mins she called us to sign the COPR's and gave us the copies.

No POF and photographs were asked in our case. As we did not have any goods to follow she said no CBSA forms or anything is needed.

silverfang24

Feb 26, 2017
Do you guys know how long is the time for the entire landing process? I will be landing in Vancouver International Airport and transferring to my connecting domestic flight headed to Toronto. I only have 1 hour and 50 minutes to make the next flight. Do you guys know if this is enough?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Do you guys know how long is the time for the entire landing process? I will be landing in Vancouver International Airport and transferring to my connecting domestic flight headed to Toronto. I only have 1 hour and 50 minutes to make the next flight. Do you guys know if this is enough?
From reading other's experiences, I would say you're going to be cutting it close. Personally I would schedule at least 2.5-3 hours between flights. You never know when there will be a busy day.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

May i ask what are the declaration cards?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing!!
Will you be able to apply for SIN at the Vancouver airport? I heard it is possible only at Toronto Airport?
And can you apply for PR card at Vancouver airport?

muggle84

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, can I ask about your experience? I will also land first in Vancouver and will transfer to my domestic flight to Calgary.

Thanks!