+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience in Canada

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hey everyone
Can anyone share your landing experience and things you have to do when you land in Canada
I will keep it short and simple.

Landed in Toronto international airport from the US.

I had with me the following documents:

1. COPR document.
2. Passport.
3. A printout of my bank account balance taken couple of days ago.
4. Obviously my passport.
5. Rough draft of items to follow for taxation purposes.

I landed very early in the morning around 8:15 AM. Followed the line to the area wherein agents are seated behind glass enclosures.

Was asked to be seated until my turn came. Took around 10 minutes before I was called.

Agent asked me if I had any criminal history in the US. A rather weird first question. I replied NO.

He dint speak to me again while he went over the COPR doc. He then signed and stamped it and handed it back to me while mumbling congrats and that I was a PR as of now.

Next I went over the counter wherein I was asked for my temporary address in Ontario. I was provided with my SIN number within 15-20 minutes.

That’s it ! Next en route to leaving the airport, I I came across immigration checkpoint wherein I was asked to complete the items to follow list. It helps to keep the items ready and approximate value of it in Canadian dollars. This process was again very quick and hassle free.

That’s it. I left the airport, rented a car and got to my hotel. Visited Niagara Falls and flew back in 2 days !

My one suggestion to people is that don’t fret or get worried or panicked. Be cool. Have your important documents in hand and you will be fine.

Reactions: rily

rosu1991

Sep 6, 2019
I will keep it short and simple.

Landed in Toronto international airport from the US.

I had with me the following documents:

1. COPR document.
2. Passport.
3. A printout of my bank account balance taken couple of days ago.
4. Obviously my passport.
5. Rough draft of items to follow for taxation purposes.

I landed very early in the morning around 8:15 AM. Followed the line to the area wherein agents are seated behind glass enclosures.

Was asked to be seated until my turn came. Took around 10 minutes before I was called.

Agent asked me if I had any criminal history in the US. A rather weird first question. I replied NO.

He dint speak to me again while he went over the COPR doc. He then signed and stamped it and handed it back to me while mumbling congrats and that I was a PR as of now.

Next I went over the counter wherein I was asked for my temporary address in Ontario. I was provided with my SIN number within 15-20 minutes.

That’s it ! Next en route to leaving the airport, I I came across immigration checkpoint wherein I was asked to complete the items to follow list. It helps to keep the items ready and approximate value of it in Canadian dollars. This process was again very quick and hassle free.

That’s it. I left the airport, rented a car and got to my hotel. Visited Niagara Falls and flew back in 2 days !

My one suggestion to people is that don’t fret or get worried or panicked. Be cool. Have your important documents in hand and you will be fine.
Thank you so much for your valuable reply.

Also could you tell the procedures after this like health card, bank account no etc

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017

Also could you tell the procedures after this like health card, bank account no etc
Health cards are a provincial matter so it depends on where you land.

You can start and fund you Bank account from overseas before even landing, otherwise just schedule an appointment at a local branch when you land.

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019

You need utility bills or apartment lease to show your residency in that province. Most of them need at least 3 months before you are eligible to apply.