+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience at Lewiston–Queenston Bridge, some other tips

sdeep

Apr 30, 2014
I landed at the Peace bridge last Tuesday at 730am. One booth out of 14 open, no line for anything. In and out in 20 minutes. As long as you aren’t flagpolling, you can land anytime 24/7. If your country of residence on your Copr is the US, you are never flagpolling. They might grumble but they will let you land 24/7. Agents I had were nice and professional. One even gave me a big CONGRATULATIONS! It was easy and awesome!
Congrats, I am planning to do landing next thursday. Do you have an address in canada ? If not are they accepting friends address to send the PR card?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Glad to hear! At what time do you land?
We got there around 10am. They aren’t used to US residents doing landing there so they were asking if I stopped at the US border first but then saw my passport and figured it out. There was no one there when we got there so like 5 different officers helped get all the paperwork done. It took about an hour (COPr for two adults and one baby, goods to follow and accompanying, and importing a car.)

We had our dog but they didn’t ask to see her papers or anything. I also didn’t export my car from the US yet because I got the title two days ago (ugh) so I’ll have to do that soon. But it was overall a great experience!

Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
We got there around 10am. They aren’t used to US residents doing landing there so they were asking if I stopped at the US border first but then saw my passport and figured it out. There was no one there when we got there so like 5 different officers helped get all the paperwork done. It took about an hour (COPr for two adults and one baby, goods to follow and accompanying, and importing a car.)

We had our dog but they didn’t ask to see her papers or anything. I also didn’t export my car from the US yet because I got the title two days ago (ugh) so I’ll have to do that soon. But it was overall a great experience!
Great! But 10 am. I would need to have been driving all night to cross the border at 10 am. I will likely be crossing the border at 10 pm and hope that will work ..

AGWEsquire

Mar 21, 2017
I am new to this blog. Does landing just mean your first point of entry to CA? I am an American citizen with PR status to CA (Express entry skilled). I am arriving with my family (who are non immigrant USCs just helping me move) and too many pets (yes I have their papers ready to go). I am entering with my PR papers for the first time in the first week of April. I am moving to the Toronto area. I am completely lost figuring out where to enter. Thoughts?

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, I am planning to do landing next thursday. Do you have an address in canada ? If not are they accepting friends address to send the PR card?
I used an address of something similar to the UPS store mailboxes. The officer had no issue at all. Good luck!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am new to this blog. Does landing just mean your first point of entry to CA? I am an American citizen with PR status to CA (Express entry skilled). I am arriving with my family (who are non immigrant USCs just helping me move) and too many pets (yes I have their papers ready to go). I am entering with my PR papers for the first time in the first week of April. I am moving to the Toronto area. I am completely lost figuring out where to enter. Thoughts?
Yes, landing is the first port where you cross into Canada, whether it be by land, sea, or air. Good luck!

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Great! But 10 am. I would need to have been driving all night to cross the border at 10 am. I will likely be crossing the border at 10 pm and hope that will work ..
Maybe try calling border services to see if it’ll be ok if you’re there that late? From what I’ve heard you will be.