+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience at Douglas POE (Peace Arch Park)

applefanboy

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share my experience, and hope to help more people in the future.

Three days ago my wife and I decided to finish the landing process. A friend of mine dropped us off at the parking lot of Peace Arch Park - take off the exit of Beach Ave and turn right. The parking lot is on your left side. If you miss this exit, there is no exit before you get US border. There is a U turn chance ahead though.

Getting off the car we walked on the right sidewalk toward the US custom. This sidewalk ends in the half way. There is a very obvious zebra crossing at the end of this sidewalk. We crossed the road, and found there is a long sidewalk in the middle of two-way road. We continued walking on the sidewalk - facing the vehicles driven toward the Canada Custom. A landmark that looks like a HUGE arch stands on the grass - which separates two different direction ways. We walked on this sidewalk about 5mins, and reached the US custom building. An officer asked us what we are doing. I said that we want to do a flag-pole. He directed us to the LINE C in the custom building. A lot of people were lining up on LINE B, and there were no people on LINE C. So we went through the LINE C and told the officer we are doing a flag-pole. It only took 3 minutes to get a piece of paper which approves we have left Canada already.

Getting out of the building we walked back to Canada side by taking the same way - the sidewalk in the middle of the two-way road. We were asked a few simple questions at the Canada custom box - like how many cash do you bring to Canada, and do you have any weapons and drugs etc. We were directed to the custom building on our left side and told to go to the Counter B afterwards. We got the Counter B, and there were no people before us. So we went to the Counter B without waiting, and submitted the COPR and the paper we got from the US custom officer. The officer asked us to write down the current living address on the back of the US paper. We were asked a few questions:

1. Is all the information correct on COPR?
2. What do you do in Canada?
3. Who is the principle applicant?
4. Other very simple questions that I forgot. :(

She didn't ask me to show any other documents that are recommended to take with you by other RPs in this forum. We waited about 10 mins to let the officer finish the paperwork. Finally, he congratulated us by giving us two Canada National Flags.

I'll be back this forum occasionally to answer your questions if you have. Hope my experience helps some people in the future. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for his/her PR.

- AppleFanBoy

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Congratulations!

You definitely picked a nice day to walk through Peace Arch Park (http://www.peacearchpark.org/). Enjoying the best of the late summer weather in BC.

Best of luck to you both in Canada.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Thanks for all the details.. I wish you and your family all the best!!! Congrats!!!!
applefanboy said:
Just want to share my experience, and hope to help more people in the future.

Three days ago my wife and I decided to finish the landing process. A friend of mine dropped us off at the parking lot of Peace Arch Park - take off the exit of Beach Ave and turn right. The parking lot is on your left side. If you miss this exit, there is no exit before you get US border. There is a U turn chance ahead though.

Getting off the car we walked on the right sidewalk toward the US custom. This sidewalk ends in the half way. There is a very obvious zebra crossing at the end of this sidewalk. We crossed the road, and found there is a long sidewalk in the middle of two-way road. We continued walking on the sidewalk - facing the vehicles driven toward the Canada Custom. A landmark that looks like a HUGE arch stands on the grass - which separates two different direction ways. We walked on this sidewalk about 5mins, and reached the US custom building. An officer asked us what we are doing. I said that we want to do a flag-pole. He directed us to the LINE C in the custom building. A lot of people were lining up on LINE B, and there were no people on LINE C. So we went through the LINE C and told the officer we are doing a flag-pole. It only took 3 minutes to get a piece of paper which approves we have left Canada already.

Getting out of the building we walked back to Canada side by taking the same way - the sidewalk in the middle of the two-way road. We were asked a few simple questions at the Canada custom box - like how many cash do you bring to Canada, and do you have any weapons and drugs etc. We were directed to the custom building on our left side and told to go to the Counter B afterwards. We got the Counter B, and there were no people before us. So we went to the Counter B without waiting, and submitted the COPR and the paper we got from the US custom officer. The officer asked us to write down the current living address on the back of the US paper. We were asked a few questions:

1. Is all the information correct on COPR?
2. What do you do in Canada?
3. Who is the principle applicant?
4. Other very simple questions that I forgot. :(

She didn't ask me to show any other documents that are recommended to take with you by other RPs in this forum. We waited about 10 mins to let the officer finish the paperwork. Finally, he congratulated us by giving us two Canada National Flags.

I'll be back this forum occasionally to answer your questions if you have. Hope my experience helps some people in the future. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for his/her PR.

- AppleFanBoy

kum25

Apr 20, 2012
Hi applefanboy,

CONGRATS! Your information is very useful.Thanks for posting.Me my husband are coming to vancouver from Northern BC to do our landing at Douglas POE. I have checked translink website to find the transport time. It takes about one hour from YVR. I understand that we have to take taxi to reach border. Can you guide us Esp, reg transport from YVR?

Thank you

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
kum25 said:
Hi applefanboy,

CONGRATS! Your information is very useful.Thanks for posting.Me my husband are coming to vancouver from Northern BC to do our landing at Douglas POE. I have checked translink website to find the transport time. It takes about one hour from YVR. I understand that we have to take taxi to reach border. Can you guide us Esp, reg transport from YVR?

Thank you
What documents are you going to bring to provide proof of funds?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Fenster said:
What documents are you going to bring to provide proof of funds?
There is no proof of funds in spousal cases. That would apply to economic cases.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
computergeek said:
There is no proof of funds in spousal cases. That would apply to economic cases.
It says I need to have proof of funds to settle? I am currently employed in Vancouver and have been for the last 2 years. Do I still need to bring proof of funds?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
There is a generic requirement: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/arriving.asp

But even in economic cases, if you are already employed in Canada they don't require such proof from everything I've read. If you are very concerned, print out a bank statement and take it with you. Evidence of employment should suffice as well.

Good luck!

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
Thats awesome thanks for sharing it with us. One question though. You were nominated under the NB provincial program and when (or at what stage of your application) did you move to BC? And this was not a problem for the immigration officer?

Thanks
JonMonc

applefanboy

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am NBPNP. I moved to BC when I was waiting for my passport return. I'm temporarily living in Vancouver due to some family reason. I'll go back NB next year so it's not a problem for me. Actually I did concern it when I was preparing for landing, and was asking for help. Unfortunately, I didn't get any advises in the forum - it seems that nobody here has the same experience. The good thing is that eventually I landed at BC POE without any problems.

jonmonc said:
Thats awesome thanks for sharing it with us. One question though. You were nominated under the NB provincial program and when (or at what stage of your application) did you move to BC? And this was not a problem for the immigration officer?

Thanks
JonMonc

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Just did landing there. It was very easy. They didn't ask to see any documents or anything. The whole process took about 15 mins. Good luck to everyone waiting on their PPR. I really really hope you get it soon!!!

Blueberri

Aug 17, 2012
hi, I wonder if I drive to there I can just park at the parking lot you mentioned right ? for as long as it needed?
Does anyone know about taking taxi there? I guess I can send it away when I get there and call up a taxi company after I finish the landing, right?

applefanboy

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kum25 said:
Hi applefanboy,

Thank you
Hi. Hope it's not too late to answer your question. I'm not so familiar with the public transportation. I was told by my friend, however, you can take a bus to White Rock, and call a cab to get the border. It only costs you around $15 to call a cab.