+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Enquiry: COPR Proof for staying

pratikm23

Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,
I have a small query related to after I first land.
My CoPR Document has validity before which I guess I have to make a landing.
But after successfully completing all the landing formalities what Canadian proof would I have till I get the PR Card.. meaning after COPR expiry also.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What do you mean proof for staying . You arrive in Canada, CBSA process your COPR and hand it back to that shows you are a PR entitled to be in the country, they initiate your PR card application assuming you have a Canadian address for it to be mailed to. If you arrive during business hours you apply for a SIN at the airport or Service Canada elsewhere. Then you are done you can stay in Canada for ever as long as you continue to meet the residency obligation.

Reactions: pratikm23

pratikm23

Apr 5, 2020
What do you mean proof for staying . You arrive in Canada, CBSA process your COPR and hand it back to that shows you are a PR entitled to be in the country, they initiate your PR card application assuming you have a Canadian address for it to be mailed to. If you arrive during business hours you apply for a SIN at the airport or Service Canada elsewhere. Then you are done you can stay in Canada for ever as long as you continue to meet the residency obligation.
Thank you so much!