+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing during Covid

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
Some news online (maybe outdated) said only PR case approved before Mach 16, 2020 can enter Canada... Just would like to confirm that it is not the case now. I think PR case approved after March 16, 2020 are allowed to enter Canada and finish the landing process. Am I correct?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

See the notes...

If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Some news online (maybe outdated) said only PR case approved before Mach 16, 2020 can enter Canada... Just would like to confirm that it is not the case now. I think PR case approved after March 16, 2020 are allowed to enter Canada and finish the landing process. Am I correct?

Thanks!
I believe March 18 is the date but that's a detail.

What have you applied under? If you have immediate family in Canada (spouse, parents, children) - ie most family sponsorship - the March 18 does not apply.

Please check carefully including with airlines though.

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
I believe March 18 is the date but that's a detail.

What have you applied under? If you have immediate family in Canada (spouse, parents, children) - ie most family sponsorship - the March 18 does not apply.

Please check carefully including with airlines though.
Thank you! It is a family sponsorship. In this case, are the documents, such as birth certificate to prove the immediate family relationship are required to present when entering Canada at the boarder?

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

See the notes...

If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
Thank you! So for the family sponsorship, are the documents, such as birth certificate to prove the immediate family relationship are required to present when entering Canada at the boarder?

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
I just wanted to double check even though I feel like I’ve done enough research, but I’m always anxious something will go wrong haha.

my husband got his COPR and final approval and is planning to land in Toronto on Saturday. He is from S.Korea so he only needs an ETA normally. He just needs to arrive with his passport and COPR, his quarantine plan, and our marriage certificate? Is there anything else I am missing?