Landing completed!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got back from doing our landing at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls.

When we walked onto the bridge from the Canadian side, we asked the border guard if we had to go all the way to the US and if we had to have evidence we had entered. He said yes. So across the bridge we went, and into the US office on the other side. I am American so, as the guard said, she couldn't refuse me entrance, so she stamped my passport. My partner is Slovak, can enter the US without a visa, but she gave him a "refusal" note. We asked more than once if that would in any way interfere with his entering the US in future, and she said no. She said it was pro forma, and that if it was a real refusal, he would be fingerprinted, etc. Good to know.

Back on the Canadian side, we answered the initial questions about whether we had taken to a life of crime since applying, or if we had had any kids. Both answered no, of course. Then she said to me, "Since you are Federal Skilled Worker class, I have to see your bank statement OR proof of employment." She did not want my work permit, but I had my bank statement and that was good enough. It seems if I hadn't wanted to show that, I could have brought along my latest pay stubs and been fine. Again, good to know! My partner had to surrender his study permit, which made him sad. ;)

It took about half an hour to finish the paperwork and get out on the streets to celebrate! The officers we dealt with were polite and efficient, though it would have been nice if they had said, "Welcome to Canada" or smiled or something. But it was fine and we felt great.

Good luck, everyone!

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At last u r there when u wanted to be.. :) Congrats...
But u should keep helping us by answering our stupid questions.. :p ;) :D

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:

When we walked onto the bridge from the Canadian side, we asked the border guard if we had to go all the way to the US and if we had to have evidence we had entered. He said yes. So across the bridge we went, and into the US office on the other side. I am American so, as the guard said, she couldn't refuse me entrance, so she stamped my passport. My partner is Slovak, can enter the US without a visa, but she gave him a "refusal" note. We asked more than once if that would in any way interfere with his entering the US in future, and she said no. She said it was pro forma, and that if it was a real refusal, he would be fingerprinted, etc. Good to know.

Back on the Canadian side, we answered the initial questions about whether we had taken to a life of crime since applying, or if we had had any kids. Both answered no, of course. Then she said to me, "Since you are Federal Skilled Worker class, I have to see your bank statement OR proof of employment." She did not want my work permit, but I had my bank statement and that was good enough. It seems if I hadn't wanted to show that, I could have brought along my latest pay stubs and been fine. Again, good to know! My partner had to surrender his study permit, which made him sad. ;)

It took about half an hour to finish the paperwork and get out on the streets to celebrate! The officers we dealt with were polite and efficient, though it would have been nice if they had said, "Welcome to Canada" or smiled or something. But it was fine and we felt great.

Good luck, everyone!
Hey dobes, congrats :).

I did it at rainbow too, didn't get a 'welcome to Canada' either lol. But the officer was super chill.

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Did my landing yesterday at Vancouver Airport when returning from my vacay.
There was a HUUUGEEE line up and officers were taking their sweet time checking each person. When I finally got to the officer he just asked me standard questions like " you marital status, have you been convicted of crime". Also, he asked me why my application was rejected and I had to briefly explain him that it was CIC mistake and blah blah. Didnt really ask me much questions, gave me couple of papers to sign. Didnt explain me anything about PR card, just asked for my address but I heard other officers saying it takes about 2-3 month .
Didn't say "welcome to Canada" or anything but it was 11pm and everyone was super tired so maybe that's why.
Didn't ask for any additional docs ( bank statement, job offer)

Everything was super easy just took a while because of the line

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Congratulations Dobes!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
Congratulations Dobes!
Well done.

Take some time off. You deserve it.
Thanks, guys! It's been grand! And we're going to Europe for 3 weeks at Christmas, so time off will follow too! Good luck to all of you as well!

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Thanks, guys! It's been grand! And we're going to Europe for 3 weeks at Christmas, so time off will follow too! Good luck to all of you as well!

Thanks DOBES!!!!!!!!!!
You were a great Help!!!!!!!
Enjoy your Vacation..... ;) :)

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
dobes said:

Good luck, everyone!
Congratulations dobs and I realised In another thread you said your partner was crying for happiness its touching, I can feel it. After long waiting when someone reach in destination that should feel to cry. Best of luck and enjoy your life.

kensplanet

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015