Aug 9, 2016
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2016
Interview........
Oct 4, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2016
Can anyone help me out here

We got our call in notice for PR after seeing the decision made letter.
we go in, get the Confirmation of PR, she takes my German citizen husband work permit and punches a hole in it.

We ask her why, she says its annulled now that you are a PR.

okay so happy times right?

no. We booked a trip to Florida Nov 5 to 12. Husband got the stamp in the passport for PR and the CoPR today.
he is from germany, visa exempt country.

We don't have time to get the PR travel document and his new PR card most likely will not arrive before nov 5.

what the hell do we do? cancelling the trip will be costly.
we booked the trip based onthe fact that we've travelled many times with the work permit, but now that is annulled.

i'm in tears here.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
TorontoFox said:
Can anyone help me out here

We got our call in notice for PR after seeing the decision made letter.
we go in, get the Confirmation of PR, she takes my German citizen husband work permit and punches a hole in it.

We ask her why, she says its annulled now that you are a PR.

okay so happy times right?

no. We booked a trip to Florida Nov 5 to 12. Husband got the stamp in the passport for PR and the CoPR today.
he is from germany, visa exempt country.

We don't have time to get the PR travel document and his new PR card most likely will not arrive before nov 5.

what the hell do we do? cancelling the trip will be costly.
we booked the trip based onthe fact that we've travelled many times with the work permit, but now that is annulled.

i'm in tears here.
Couldn't he just travel with his german passport? Bring your PR documents with you so that he can reenter easily.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's only the airline (or other commercial carrier) that needs to see the PR Card. If the airline doesn't know that he's a PR (and there's no reason to tell them), he may be able to fly with just his German passport, since he is visa-exempt. Let them think that he will be `visiting' Canada.

Do NOT show the COPR to the airline...only use it when seeing the CBSA officer when you return.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TorontoFox said:

i'm in tears here.
The work permit has never allowed him to travel to Canada. His visa-exempt passport is what has allowed him to travel to Canada. The work permit allowed him to stay in Canada.

Unfortunately, as of Nov 9th, the eTA requirement comes in to effect, so it will no longer be possible for visa-exempt PRs to use this loophole. A PR will require either a PR card or a PRTD to fly to Canada.

You should try to change the trip so you return before Nov 9th. Or change your return flight to the US and cross into Canada by land.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup...I totally forgot that the eTA date, that had been deferred from earlier this year, was looming. :(