+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing by foot in Vancouver

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi,
I live in Vancouver. I don't have a car and plan to land in US border. I would appreciate if anyone used public transport to reach to US border and landed by walking over the border. I have no clue how to get there and even if possible if you are not in car.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
rezasorna said:
Hi,
I live in Vancouver. I don't have a car and plan to land in US border. I would appreciate if anyone used public transport to reach to US border and landed by walking over the border. I have no clue how to get there and even if possible if you are not in car.

There is a bus that stops at 8th Ave and King George Blvd near the Peace Arch Provincial Park and then you have to walk for a bit but definitely doable. I crossed that border by bicycle, which is a shared line with pedestrians, early this year so you can definitely do it. The immigration officer for pedestrians/bikes is the same as the one for the leftmost car lane, he just turns around.

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
muxican said:
There is a bus that stops at 8th Ave and King George Blvd near the Peace Arch Provincial Park and then you have to walk for a bit but definitely doable. I crossed that border by bicycle, which is a shared line with pedestrians, early this year so you can definitely do it. The immigration officer for pedestrians/bikes is the same as the one for the leftmost car lane, he just turns around.
Thanks for your help. I cannot find which bus line it is. Would you please let me know.
Thanks again.

zephyr707

Jul 11, 2015
you can also go to point Roberts, which is closer. just over 1h from yaletown/downtown Vancouver via skytrain and public bus. I'm planning on landing there by foot, had a friend renew his work permit there earlier this year and he also used public transportation.

cheers,
z

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
rezasorna said:
Thanks for your help. I cannot find which bus line it is. Would you please let me know.
Thanks again.
Just go to Google Maps to get the appropriate transit directions from where you are.

chirayupatel

Sep 20, 2015
rezasorna said:
Hi,

Hi I and my frnd did flagpoling by walking and trust me it's super fun !!! We parked our car in bc info centre just before d border !! Walked to Usa border and it's fast Bcz it has a separate line for pedestrians !! Go in say d reason is flagpoling and they wud give u a paper and send u back to Canadian border !! Come here give d paper and ur copr n they wud give u a Canadian flag and voila u r a permanent resident

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Congrats on your PR approval.

You may also consider landing in CIC office at downtown Vancouver? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rezasorna, have you received the COPR? because there is also an instruction there from CIC for landing process, like ImmiToCanada said you can do the landing process in CIC's office in downtown like what my friend did.

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
pie_vancouver said:
rezasorna, have you received the COPR? because there is also an instruction there from CIC for landing process, like ImmiToCanada said you can do the landing process in CIC's office in downtown like what my friend did.
Yes, you can do the landing in a local CIC office. The problem is in big cities like Vancouver, there is a long wait. First you have to call CIC main call centre, they tell you the local CIC office will call you. This will take couple of week and then again a few weeks until you can go to their office for landing. Going to border is much faster, though a bit less convenient.