+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at Rainbow Bridge

catwilliams

Jan 13, 2015
Hi all,

After applying for PR in October 2014, I have finally received my CoPR! Such a relief!

Just wondering if anyone has landed at Rainbow Bridge recently, and if so, what are the wait times like (specifically on weekends - I work all week Mon-Fri :( )

Also, I will be going with my partner and baby daughter who are both Canadian. Can they come and wait with me? Or should I leave them in Niagara and walk over the bridge myself?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Congrats!

The wait time depends on when you actually go to the border to land. If you go during rush hours obviously it will consume more time, maybe an hour or more, but if you go after midnight you should be all done within 30 mins.

If I were you I will leave my partner and cute baby daughter in Canada, and do the landing myself. You don't need to drag them along, cause they will need to get processed too, both at American and Canadian side. And that will waste some more time.

Happy landing,

catwilliams

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks! Yeah, I think I'll get them to stay on the Canadian side to make life easier.

The CBSA website forecasts wait times of between 10-36 minutes on Sundays between July-September. Somehow I dont quite believe that ;D

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
rezafc said:
Congrats!

The wait time depends on when you actually go to the border to land. If you go during rush hours obviously it will consume more time, maybe an hour or more, but if you go after midnight you should be all done within 30 mins.

If I were you I will leave my partner and cute baby daughter in Canada, and do the landing myself. You don't need to drag them along, cause they will need to get processed too, both at American and Canadian side. And that will waste some more time.

Happy landing,
I don't know, my Canadian relatives came along with me and their passports were collected as well, and I don't think it really added any more processing time. It was almost like they were dismissed with a wave of a hand. :) I was done in 20 minutes at Peace Bridge on a Saturday evening. If anything, *I* was the cause of the delay on the American side since I didn't have a Canadian passport.

nimram

May 3, 2015
I don't know, my Canadian relatives came along with me and their passports were collected as well, and I don't think it really added any more processing time. It was almost like they were dismissed with a wave of a hand. :) I was done in 20 minutes at Peace Bridge on a Saturday evening. If anything, *I* was the cause of the delay on the American side since I didn't have a Canadian passport.
is it a must to go the American side of the border even though I don not have a visa to US? cannot I just leave Canada side and U turn?

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
is it a must to go the American side of the border even though I don not have a visa to US? cannot I just leave Canada side and U turn?
you have to enter the office at American side, give them the passport and tell that you're for flagpole to do the landing. They will give you a paper with your passport details and name, which you will have to present while crossing back to Canada. So you're basically making a u-turn with a short stop at American side :)

nimram

May 3, 2015
you have to enter the office at American side, give them the passport and tell that you're for flagpole to do the landing. They will give you a paper with your passport details and name, which you will have to present while crossing back to Canada. So you're basically making a u-turn with a short stop at American side :)
Thanks for explanation