+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at Halifax, Nova Scotia rather than Brampton, Ontario

kmshah

Mar 4, 2018
Hi All,

I got my Canadian PR and was planning landing as PR. In my application, I had listed Brampton, Ontario as the city of destination, the same is listed on my CoPR. However, I'll be flying to Halifax, Nova Scotia to attend my sister's grad walk. Can I finish my landing procedure over there? or do I have to make a separate trip to Brampton, Ontario before that?

Could you please help me out?

@lampbreaker : any suggestions? Thank you!!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You complete your immigration landing at the first POE into Canada which would be Halifax if that is your first POE and assume that after you attend your sisters event you will be able to show onward travel to Ontario anyway if asked by CBSA. Usually only an issue can arise if you were a PNP applicant.

Despite having Brampton on your COPR if not flying into Halifax you would fly into Toronto where you would complete immigration so not even Brampton anyway albeit still Ontario.

Reactions: kmshah

kmshah

Mar 4, 2018
Thank you!! @Bs65 @lampbreaker

I'm sorry but I had one more question.

Once I apply for the PR card from Halifax, I need to fly back to USA on February 3rd and then I will traveling to Canada again on February 14th. I don't think I would get the PR card by then. Is it possible to apply for PRTD from USA if your PR card is still in process but you have CoPR on hand?

Thank you so much!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You will not have time to apply for a PRTD whilst in the US so suggest you follow lampbreakers advice and arrange to come back into Canada via a land border with your COPR.

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
If you are entering visa land border....you need to use a private car. Rented or otherwise. Public transport can not let you boars without your pr card....just like a airline wont let you boars without pr card.
You can come back through land border using copr and private car.