+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at CIC Office

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I plan to flagpole this Friday with my family at Niagara (since it's PA day - no school for the kids).

All of a sudden, I got an email from CIC Etobicoke for a scheduled landing interview next week, even though I never called the CIC for this). I might as well attend this one instead of going to Niagara.
Just wanted to inform anyone who might have any similar experience.

In the email that they sent, they asked for updated photos plus the COPR (if already received; I gathered that for some, this isn't a requirement or they will provide it at the offices).

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Nothing to worry about, the interview is a formality.

Source: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/1185263879/confused-interview-for-landing

The interview was not really an interview - it was basically your landing. I did mine in Kitchener, the lady was really nice told me what I can and can't do with my PR and some rules for applying for citizenship. It took bout 8 minutes and I was a PR.

Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-landing-interview-at-cic-etobicoke-today-t190228.0.html

When we arrived at 8:20, the room was half full already, we checked in at the reception by presenting the landing interview letter and the lady at the desk made a check mark on my name on the sheet."congratulations!" She said, that kinda ease my nervious feeling a little bit. Then she pointed us to another counter, basically its for checking and make sure everyone has paid their right of pr fee($490), you need to present the printed recipe to him/her. If you haven't, you can also pay right at the spot. Then you can sit down and wait for the officer to call you.

I was the first of my officer J, she called my name and asked for the payment recipe/2 photos/my passport and both of our driver licenses. and THIS IS THE LESSON I'VE LEARNED!!! PLEASE MAKE SURE BOTH OF YOUR ADDRESS ON THE DEIVER LICENSES ARE THE SAME! This is the way they are making sure both of you are living together! and my hubby's address wasn't undated and we were asked to go to the nearest bank to have a back statement printed with our name and address on it. This took us extra time to go looking for different bank (we are with different bank and don't have a join account), this almost gave me a heart attack, I almost thought that she is going to reject me. Long story short, we came back to the office with both bank letter, our mail and everything to prove we are living together, then she asked me two questions, have you ever convicted of a crime/have you any dependants not listed then asked me to verify all the information and signed the COPR paper. explained to me the right of pr and so on and on, then she said to me:"congratulation, you are now a PR!" after that, there is a service Canada counter there to process the new SIN card number for everyone so I got both at the same day!!

Source: http://roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9778

"There's no reason to feel nervous. This is generally just a formality - it's the point at which you cease to be a foreign national and become a permanent resident of Canada. Just bring your passport, your sponsor and anything else they ask you to bring. You will need to swear you have declared all of your family members (e.g., children/grandchildren) and that you have no criminal charges or convictions (not previously disclosed). These two questions are very important: failure to declare children/grandchildren excludes them from future sponsorship and failure to disclose criminality means they could ask that your PR be revoked on the grounds of misrepresentation."

"You will meet the landing officer, s/he will do some things on the computer, ask you the 2 questions (dependant and criminal conviction) S/he will print some documents out, they will contain the 2 questions and your answers. The officer will have you initial the answers and sign the documents. Then they will congratulate you becoming a PR! That's it! :) congrats again."

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Thanks arowberry!

I'm not really worried, just surprised since I never called CIC for an in-land landing.
Nice timing though since we were planning to land this week anyway.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
I would love for them to schedule an interview with me. I so don't want to have to drive to Montana in the snow.

Congratulations on getting through it all and I will look forward to a review of your interview next week ;-)

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Thanks man!
I agree, this is more convenient plus there is no risk of having a crabby CBSA officer processing your landing instead.

I'm a July 2013 applicant; did Medicals in Feb 2014.
Got PPR Oct 2014.
It was longer than 13 months but it is what it is.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Man that is such a long time; it's amazing how much the time can vary between applications. I'm expecting to sneak in at 8 months total as my application was submitted in March when AOR's were only taking a few weeks.

I know I will be fantastically relieved in the end, so congratulations on not going crazy after over 13 months :)

Mojtaba_g79

Nov 13, 2014
Hello.
Thanks for sharing the info.
How long it takes to get PR Card after interview?
Do they give you the card at the same day?
Do we need the stay a long time in Canada after interview for getting PR Card?

If you know, please answer the above questions. It's vital for me.

Regards

[quote author=arowberry]

I was the first of my officer J, she called my name and asked for the payment recipe/2 photos/my passport and both of our driver licenses. and THIS IS THE LESSON I'VE LEARNED!!! PLEASE MAKE SURE BOTH OF YOUR ADDRESS ON THE DEIVER LICENSES ARE THE SAME! This is the way they are making sure both of you are living together! and my hubby's address wasn't undated and we were asked to go to the nearest bank to have a back statement printed with our name and address on it. This took us extra time to go looking for different bank (we are with different bank and don't have a join account), this almost gave me a heart attack, I almost thought that she is going to reject me. Long story short, we came back to the office with both bank letter, our mail and everything to prove we are living together, then she asked me two questions, have you ever convicted of a crime/have you any dependants not listed then asked me to verify all the information and signed the COPR paper. explained to me the right of pr and so on and on, then she said to me:"congratulation, you are now a PR!" after that, there is a service Canada counter there to process the new SIN card number for everyone so I got both at the same day!! [/i]

[/quote]

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mojtaba_g79 said:
Hello.
Thanks for sharing the info.
How long it takes to get PR Card after interview?
Do they give you the card at the same day?
Do we need the stay a long time in Canada after interview for getting PR Card?

If you know, please answer the above questions. It's vital for me.

Regards
Hi,
you will not get the PR card immediately or at the same day. The current processing time for the PR cards is about 19 days now plus consider some 2-3 days for delivery by regular mail.
You don't need to stay in Canada waiting for the PR card because it'll come to the address you give to the officer while landing.
The question is, if you have someone who can receive and also arrange delivering you the PR card if you are abroad because you'll need it for coming back.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Interesting. Thanks for the input guys.

Once my time comes, I don't need to go to Niagara, not that Niagara is far anyway. I live in Kitchener and if they ask us to just go to their office here so much the better.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nov1061 said:
Hi,
you will not get the PR card immediately or at the same day. The current processing time for the PR cards is about 19 days now plus consider some 2-3 days for delivery by regular mail.
You don't need to stay in Canada waiting for the PR card because it'll come to the address you give to the officer while landing.
The question is, if you have someone who can receive and also arrange delivering you the PR card if you are abroad because you'll need it for coming back.
Do not send your PR card by mailing it to another country thou. As Canada Post will most likely intercept that mail...

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Thank you guys for sharing experience!!

I have question about booking an appointment!!

How can I book an appointment to CIC office Do I have to call them or visit CIC office and Booked appointment!!

My return tracker got activate on 13th I haven't received my passport yet. My address in PR is Ontario and I am working in Edmonton for job. Is it a problem if I book my appointment in Edmonton and give address in Ontario??

Please advise!! Appreciate your time and help!! :) :)

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
So we finished landing this afternoon at CIC-Etobicoke. The email they sent last week mentioned an appointment between 1-3PM.
- We were there around 1PM. The place was full; most are doing their PR landings as well
- What's interesting is that they printed out new copies of the COPR, with the changes I pointed out and they attached a new set of pictures
- Also, there is a Service Canada rep in the same office; those who finished their landings were processed for new SINs

Reactions: Tomi2

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Now in this weird weather , Thinking of booking an appointment at CIC Etobicoke for landing .
How to get appointment ? What is the waiting time to get an appointment date ?

Reactions: Tomi2

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Gurindar said:
Now in this weird weather , Thinking of booking an appointment at CIC Etobicoke for landing .
How to get appointment ? What is the waiting time to get an appointment date ?
Good question.
We planned on going to Niagara last Friday for flagpoling, but the Monday before that, I got an email from CIC regarding this landing appointment - completely unexpected and unsolicited.

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
So we finished landing this afternoon at CIC-Etobicoke. The email they sent last week mentioned an appointment between 1-3PM.
- We were there around 1PM. The place was full; most are doing their PR landings as well
- What's interesting is that they printed out new copies of the COPR, with the changes I pointed out and they attached a new set of pictures
- Also, there is a Service Canada rep in the same office; those who finished their landings were processed for new SINs
What was the mistake you pointed out? Thank you