+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at Carway (AB/Montana), my experience

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
So I landed today at Carway, I will tell my experience.

The place is beautiful, you can see the mountains of the glacier national park very close, so pretty...

I thought there would be a lot of traffic for the xmas holidays, but the road (AB-2) was pretty quiet. I arrived at around 10:30 am and drove to the US border. You have to stop while on your car to tell the policeman at road post what you're doing. I told them I came to do flagpole landing, they were very nice, took my passport and told me to park and to come inside. There they gave me the administrative refusal. I am from a USA visa exempt country so I thought they would just let me in but they did not. They told me to give the refusal to the Canada customs.

I drove back to the Canadian side, before going to the road station I started gathering some documents, the guy there then turned on a siren, I did not even noticed it but when I drove to him he told it was for me, that I had many months to prepare my documents and I should not take too much time, so rude :mad:. I told him I was there to land, he told me to give him just the passport, asked me if I had guns or tobacco, and then to park.

I walked inside and met a police lady. I told her I was there to land, she said she had seen my paperwork already and knew. I asked her what documents she needed, she told me I should know, again so rude! I gave her one COPR, she told me "You better give me the other one as well otherwise I will send you your way". OMG, *censored word*.

I gave her also my old permits. She saw that the direction in my COPR was Saskatchewan and asked me why I was in AB, I told her I had just moved and CIC did not update their files yet. She asked me if I was a provincial nominee, I told her no, if CIC sent the COPR to my new address, I told her no, she then had me write my new address to know where to send the PR card, but all very rudely. I told her I had the rental agreement with me but she said she did not need that. She told me to go wait in the waiting room, I was alone, nobody was there yet.

While waiting, other immigrants came. A policeman from another room started talking very loudly with someone about how they hate immigrants flagpoling for permits or PR, he said that they have to deal with "these people" and so they don't have time to deal with guns and drugs. Give a break it was empty, what an idiot! He said "If the citizens of Canada knew what we face here everyday..." again super idiot.

I was called back after like 5 minutes, the lady all of a sudden had become more polite, told me where to sign and leave initials, that she hoped the PR card would be sent to the right address and told me "Congratulations".

I happily left that messy and crazy place.

I think these border police people need to understand that the CIC phone number is always busy and I was not able to book an appointment in land. Also in the COPR the first option they give is flagpoling, and only if not possible they suggest to do inland landing. They really need to stop to act lazy and superior and start being nice because they are giving Canada a really bad reputation. I get it that they do it on purpose to discourage people from flagpoling but do they think it's gonna work? I was almost laughing at how conceited they all were, a bad attitude iot's not gonna stop anyone from landing after such a long process, lol.

Overall I say go there it's super quick and just laugh it off at their manners. ;)

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
PhDstudent said:
So I landed today at Carway, I will tell my experience.

The place is beautiful, you can see the mountains of the glacier national park very close, so pretty...

I thought there would be a lot of traffic for the xmas holidays, but the road (AB-2) was pretty quiet. I arrived at around 10:30 am and drove to the US border. You have to stop while on your car to tell the policeman at road post what you're doing. I told them I came to do flagpole landing, they were very nice, took my passport and told me to park and to come inside. There they gave me the administrative refusal. I am from a USA visa exempt country so I thought they would just let me in but they did not. They told me to give the refusal to the Canada customs.

I drove back to the Canadian side, before going to the road station I started gathering some documents, the guy there then turned on a siren, I did not even noticed it but when I drove to him he told it was for me, that I had many months to prepare my documents and I should not take too much time, so rude :mad:. I told him I was there to land, he told me to give him just the passport, asked me if I had guns or tobacco, and then to park.

I walked inside and met a police lady. I told her I was there to land, she said she had seen my paperwork already and knew. I asked her what documents she needed, she told me I should know, again so rude! I gave her one COPR, she told me "You better give me the other one as well otherwise I will send you your way". OMG, *censored word*.

I gave her also my old permits. She saw that the direction in my COPR was Saskatchewan and asked me why I was in AB, I told her I had just moved and CIC did not update their files yet. She asked me if I was a provincial nominee, I told her no, if CIC sent the COPR to my new address, I told her no, she then had me write my new address to know where to send the PR card, but all very rudely. I told her I had the rental agreement with me but she said she did not need that. She told me to go wait in the waiting room, I was alone, nobody was there yet.

While waiting, other immigrants came. A policeman from another room started talking very loudly with someone about how they hate immigrants flagpoling for permits or PR, he said that they have to deal with "these people" and so they don't have time to deal with guns and drugs. Give a break it was empty, what an idiot! He said "If the citizens of Canada knew what we face here everyday..." again super idiot.

I was called back after like 5 minutes, the lady all of a sudden had become more polite, told me where to sign and leave initials, that she hoped the PR card would be sent to the right address and told me "Congratulations".

I happily left that messy and crazy place.

I think these border police people need to understand that the CIC phone number is always busy and I was not able to book an appointment in land. Also in the COPR the first option they give is flagpoling, and only if not possible they suggest to do inland landing. They really need to stop to act lazy and superior and start being nice because they are giving Canada a really bad reputation. I get it that they do it on purpose to discourage people from flagpoling but do they think it's gonna work? I was almost laughing at how conceited they all were, a bad attitude iot's not gonna stop anyone from landing after such a long process, lol.

Overall I say go there it's super quick and just laugh it off at their manners. ;)
any one else want to share his/her experience at Carway?

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Yes, me...
My experience was super great!
Officer great big boy. He loves Italy and starting to ask me about my country and how he enjoyed a trip there..
When they call me out from the speaker it said in Italian ämico italaino vieni¨it means my Italian friend come..
all done, all super easy and fun. No questions...
I was there last April 26 on Sunday afternoon..

Be honest with the policemen when you get into US.. say you need to activate your Pr..

Life as everything is relative.. Be positive, dress up well and hope the best..

Ciao

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
should we carry any photoes with us for landing at border for pr card.