+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing as a CEC outland PR

ManuelN

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Hello everyone!!!

I have a few questions for the more experience ones and the ones who already landed as outland PRs.
I will be landing with my gf in a few weeks and we wanted tto clarify a few things if possible.
1) we don't have any goods to follow. We plan on making a list of the expensive things that we have for customs. Should we fill any forms in advance? Should we include cloths and accessories that are not expensive at all/generic?
2) what happens if we get ask proof of founds on the landing interview? Can we just say that we applied under CEC o do we need to have it in order to land?
3) mid application I had to renew my passport (my old Canadian visa and work permit are in that passport) should I have my old passport with me just in case? Or it's not necessary?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!

Reactions: ran12jan123

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
Hello everyone!!!

I have a few questions for the more experience ones and the ones who already landed as outland PRs.
I will be landing with my gf in a few weeks and we wanted tto clarify a few things if possible.
1) we don't have any goods to follow. We plan on making a list of the expensive things that we have for customs. Should we fill any forms in advance? Should we include cloths and accessories that are not expensive at all/generic?
2) what happens if we get ask proof of founds on the landing interview? Can we just say that we applied under CEC o do we need to have it in order to land?
3) mid application I had to renew my passport (my old Canadian visa and work permit are in that passport) should I have my old passport with me just in case? Or it's not necessary?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!
How did you deal with 3rd point?