+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing And Proof of Funds!

Soontoland

Sep 6, 2007
My wife and I are planning to land soon. I have a question about proof of funds. We are in US and have bank accounts here. Now, I have read in several occasions in this forum that a simple bank statement, or even an ATM receipt should suffice at the time of landing. Can anyone with personal experience, or good knowledge of the issue, confirm this, please?

I promise to share my experience with the rest of people in this forum once I do the landing sometime over the course of this month.

Thank you so much!

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Proof of funds

The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.

You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration.

The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414
You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

How much money should you bring?

Find out how much it costs to live where you are planning to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier.

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
Soontoland said:
My wife and I are planning to land soon. I have a question about proof of funds. We are in US and have bank accounts here. Now, I have read in several occasions in this forum that a simple bank statement, or even an ATM receipt should suffice at the time of landing. Can anyone with personal experience, or good knowledge of the issue, confirm this, please?

I promise to share my experience with the rest of people in this forum once I do the landing sometime over the course of this month.

Thank you so much!
ATM receipt is probably NOT acceptable but a current bank statement with therequired amount is acceptable.In my case the IMO at the PO did NOT ask to see my POF but I do have current bank statements to hand.
All the best.

Louth

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Soontoland said:

Thank you so much!
Check the link below:-
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-landing-funds-t39318.0.html