+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing and proof of funds

blueblue

Dec 10, 2007
If someone is landing on the Spousal PR, do they have to show proof of funds, given that their spouse (in Canada) will be financially responsible for them?

Second, how is the landing experience at Toronto Pearson? How long does it take, and what's the process like? What documents should they have? I'm looking for information for someone who's traveling outside of their country for the very first time. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

blueblue said:
If someone is landing on the Spousal PR, do they have to show proof of funds, given that their spouse (in Canada) will be financially responsible for them?

Second, how is the landing experience at Toronto Pearson? How long does it take, and what's the process like? What documents should they have? I'm looking for information for someone who's traveling outside of their country for the very first time. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. No
2. It depends how many planes land at the same time as to how busy it is. You could get through in 15 minutes, or it could take 3 hours. They need their passport, COPR in the passport, Goods to follow list and Goods accompanying and thats about it.

PMM

LCS

May 5, 2005
blueblue said:

We were told that since Toronto Pearson was a main landing point, there would be no problem in ecountering an immigration officer with the language required. Spanish is one of many common languages, but when my husband landed on Sat Aug 9, there was no one there who could communicate in Spanish!!! This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, if they couldn't interrogate the person in a language they could understand, then the less problems they can make. They gave my husband his PR paper and put the seal in his Peruvian passport and away he went.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LCS said:
blueblue said:

We were told that since Toronto Pearson was a main landing point, there would be no problem in ecountering an immigration officer with the language required. Spanish is one of many common languages, but when my husband landed on Sat Aug 9, there was no one there who could communicate in Spanish!!! This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, if they couldn't interrogate the person in a language they could understand, then the less problems they can make. They gave my husband his PR paper and put the seal in his Peruvian passport and away he went.
Don't worry if there is a problem, they have interpreters on call.

PMM

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
do wee need to show proof of funds to the immigration officer upon landing? is bank certificate ok?

ndd0917

Star Member
Jun 20, 2009
how about for provincial nominees? i will land first and after 2 months my family will follow.

sheilala

Jan 19, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ndd0917 :

hi!
did they require proof of funds for provincial nominees too? i read somewhere that there's a certain minimum amount depending on the number of people. does that same ruling apply to provincial nominees as well?

would appreciate your thoughts on this as my daughter and i are planning to land this march 2011.

many thanks, sheila

Seth0330

Aug 1, 2015
I have got my PR and I am doing my First Landing in Toronto. Regarding the Proof of Funds, I suppose to carry 22,200 CAD. I am planning to take that amount as Demand Draft. Is it okay to carry the Demand Draft in other currency but equivalent to 22,200 CAD or the Demand Draft has to be in CAD only?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I'm planning to go to Canada just to do the paper work such as get thePR activated and do the "landing" process. But I need to come back to the U.S. In a week due to work commitments

However il be going there for good in December. So my question is what do I need to take

- copr
- passport with visa
- I'm taking alley credit cards for basic expenses

Do I still need to take $12000? I can definitely take a new bank letter showing the funds but I do not want to carry money around eye I won't be needing it.

I'm planning to get the PR card FedEx to the U.S. Via my friend and giving his address to the VOfficer at landing.

Do I have a solid plan here ? I don't wanna wait till December since my medicals may expire in jan and it cutting too close..

Please help