+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing and belongings

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
hello!

i have searched and couldnt find a circumstance that was relatively recent and pertained to our specific situation. my husband and daughter are both canadian, i am american. we all live in mexico and have for 25 (husband), 11 (daughter, born here) and 14 (myself) years. we are now moving to BC upon COPR (anticipating april/may 2020). my husband will leave april 12, i will send our belongings as air freight for him to receive once he arrives and my daughter and i will follow shortly thereafter. the airline is only allowing us to bring 4 checked bags each, and we have more clothing than can fit in 12 bags between the three of us so some of the bags will go with the air freight things. question is, as a canadian will my husband be able to collect our things for us if some of the bags include articles that are clearly mine. i mean, our household goods are going to be impossible to distinguish between his/mine, but if i have to send a few bags of various contents that include clothing that is clearly feminine is that going to be a problem for him to claim at the airport? id gladly take all bags containing the items that are clelarly not his or our 10 year old daughters but the airline wont allow us to check more than 4 even if we pay for them. does he need forms? do i need to send them under his name or both our names? we are bringing everything in one fell-swoop so nothing to follow. any advice anyone is able to provide is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!