+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Today (October 31st)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will get credit for this time whether you actually kept the work permit or not; no worries.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
dfb said:
Rjessome - I continue to be concerned, b/c I am going to be going to a small town in Pennsylvania for a weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving, so I have no way of getting a travel document (since I won't be in or near a city with a consulate and I will only be there over a holiday weekend, when everything is closed).

I have decided not to land until my series of trips in cancelled - my PR visa doesn't expire until June 2010. Thanks.
dfb,

It is my understanding from reading posts on this site that you can travel with your COPR as long as you are not traveling by commercial transit. In other words, you can drive your own car, but can't fly. Might want to confirm that with a cll to the visa office.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is unlikely that the airline will let you board with just your COPR, but you can get a travel document from the local Canadian consular post.

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
Karlshammar - I am only going home for Thanksgiving - will be in a small town in Pennsylvania for the holiday weekend. There won't be an opportunity to get a travel document there.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dfb said:
Karlshammar - I am only going home for Thanksgiving - will be in a small town in Pennsylvania for the holiday weekend. There won't be an opportunity to get a travel document there.
Then I suggest contacting the CIC and/or the consulate/embassy closest to there to find out what to do. You can always take a chance with your COPR at the airline but there are no guarantees there...