+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed PR living outside Canada. Married later with wife's application in progress

pranjals

Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

Just wanted to see if someone else went through my situation or similar.

Got married in December. Did a soft landing in November to return to US. PR card still awaited. Asked the border officer about getting married soon and she insisted to write ' status as of today '
Wife started individual application 3 months before marriage and just reached "Background check is in progress" stage.
Not sure if I should wait for PPR to submit her change of marital status and residence or should further delay the application by doing it now.
Has anyone gone through similar situation ? What was your experience ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Just wanted to see if someone else went through my situation or similar.

Got married in December. Did a soft landing in November to return to US. PR card still awaited. Asked the border officer about getting married soon and she insisted to write ' status as of today '
Wife started individual application 3 months before marriage and just reached "Background check is in progress" stage.
Not sure if I should wait for PPR to submit her change of marital status and residence or should further delay the application by doing it now.
Has anyone gone through similar situation ? What was your experience ?
She needs to update her marital status now by sending a copy of the marriage certificate and your COPR. It will not delay the app because you are already a PR.