Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
Folks - Me, my wife and kids became Canadian PRs today at Peace Arch border. We were allowed to leave without quarantine. We made u-turn and returned to US POE. We were allowed to enter US using AVR option. Both of us had expired H1Bs.

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
So as US citizens we could do this also? They will allow a soft landing and immediate return to US? Then, having presumably used your CoPR exemption from travel restrictions, when do you plan to move permanently? Did they tell you anything about physically moving being an essential reason?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So as US citizens we could do this also? They will allow a soft landing and immediate return to US? Then, having presumably used your CoPR exemption from travel restrictions, when do you plan to move permanently? Did they tell you anything about physically moving being an essential reason?
Seems like only one bridge and potentially one shift has allowed this a few times. Others have been told that a landing and u turn is no an option.

Jun 13, 2019
My husband and I would like to do the same. Is it possible for sure to do a soft landing in Canada in few hours without quarantine and return back to the US, on the same day? We have valid H1B visas but are concerned about leaving the country in the current situation. Also, is it possible only from certain locations along the border or all locations allow it? Any such place in the northeast ?

hollyb16

Feb 21, 2020
Folks - Me, my wife and kids became Canadian PRs today at Peace Arch border. We were allowed to leave without quarantine. We made u-turn and returned to US POE. We were allowed to enter US using AVR option. Both of us had expired H1Bs.
Hey,

When did you receive your COPR?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Technically, CBSA is required to ensure that each traveler (PR landing or otherwise) has reasonable plans for quarantining. CBSA does not actually enforce quarantine, they only review your plans. If the CBSA officer applies some common sense it is easy to see that turning around and returning to US is the best quarantine possible with zero risk to any Canadian residents. Some officers will follow this logic and allow you to complete your landing/entry. Some will not. It is highly subjective and will vary by person.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Technically, CBSA is required to ensure that each traveler (PR landing or otherwise) has reasonable plans for quarantining. CBSA does not actually enforce quarantine, they only review your plans. If the CBSA officer applies some common sense it is easy to see that turning around and returning to US is the best quarantine possible with zero risk to any Canadian residents. Some officers will follow this logic and allow you to complete your landing/entry. Some will not. It is highly subjective and will vary by person.
Think it is more that soft landing is currently not allowed. It seems to be up to the CBSA agent what happens. They have started asking more details for people arriving by air to determine who may e just doing a soft landing since there are so many flights arriving with covid.