24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Just to share my experience..

Me and spouse landed on peace bridge yesterday ( Saturday ), the whole process took one hour.

- First stop duty free where we were not allowed to buy anything
- Direct exit from duty free to the bridge.
- 2nd stop at one of the windows after the bridge, informed them we need to take U turn for landing in Canada,they took our passports and directed us to park the car and go to door number 2.
- we waited for like 10 minutes an officer called our name and asked where our car is parked. took us to the car handed over the refusal paper and asked to follow him through exit to the bridge.
- Crossed back the bridge, another stop at one of the windows at Canadian border. Told them we need to do landing, she gave us a yellow slip directed to park the car and go to the customs and border services office right beside.
- went in there deposited the passports and landing papers, we were 6th in Que, waited for like 40 mints then one of the office called and did basic formalities and at the end said, congratulations now you are the permanent residence of Canada. You have all the rights in Canada except voting right.

After 3 years and 7 months we achieved what we dreamed about all this time. All the best to everyone things will fall in place at its best time. Just be patient and do not look for shortcuts. :) :) :) :)

Millty

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation :) I know the feeling I landed last month after almost 4 years as well. Such a relief.

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to share my experience..

Me and spouse landed on peace bridge yesterday ( Saturday ), the whole process took one hour.

- First stop duty free where we were not allowed to buy anything
- Direct exit from duty free to the bridge.
- 2nd stop at one of the windows after the bridge, informed them we need to take U turn for landing in Canada,they took our passports and directed us to park the car and go to door number 2.
- we waited for like 10 minutes an officer called our name and asked where our car is parked. took us to the car handed over the refusal paper and asked to follow him through exit to the bridge.
- Crossed back the bridge, another stop at one of the windows at Canadian border. Told them we need to do landing, she gave us a yellow slip directed to park the car and go to the customs and border services office right beside.
- went in there deposited the passports and landing papers, we were 6th in Que, waited for like 40 mints then one of the office called and did basic formalities and at the end said, congratulations now you are the permanent residence of Canada. You have all the rights in Canada except voting right.

After 3 years and 7 months we achieved what we dreamed about all this time. All the best to everyone things will fall in place at its best time. Just be patient and do not look for shortcuts. :) :) :) :)
Hello Kawalrandhawa,
Good to know you have had a great experience landing at the Peace Bridge. Is the Peace bridge only accessible by car? I was wondering whether Me and my family can just walk across the bridge to do the landing. Thanks in advance.