+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

Slankey

Jul 16, 2014
Please any landed fellow here in the Financial Sector that has done the Canada Securities Course (CSC), Please I need your input here..

Kindly get in touch

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Slankey said:
Please any landed fellow here in the Financial Sector that has done the Canada Securities Course (CSC), Please I need your input here..

Kindly get in touch
Hi, I am in the financial sector here. I by passed the CSC but I'm familiar with it, what would you like to know?

Slankey

Jul 16, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, I am in the financial sector here. I by passed the CSC but I'm familiar with it, what would you like to know?
Hi, Pipis Husband, please check your Private message Bro.

Thanks

dramaka

May 16, 2016
hello All,

I need your urgent holistic advice.

I got my PR visa in late March 2016 after a 20-month long waiting process. I'm scheduled to arrive Toronto in June 1, 2016.

I would now proceed to give you a background about myself. I made the cut for the FSWP 2014 application which ended in December 2014. I am a banker with 4 years experience. Prior to working in the bank, I worked in a construction company for a year during my NYSC.

Right now, I also have admission to study my masters in construction engineering in the United States in August 2016, and that comes with a scholarship and a stipend. I intend to get to Canada, after about a month, apply for an f1 student visa to US, and then go for my masters in construction.
An alternative is for me to settle down in Canada and begin to search for jobs in the banking industry. I applied for the FSWP under the NOC1212 job category.
Please house.

I am confused, and I would be in Canada in over a week from now.
Please advise me on the best option. The most lucrative option. Which do I go for? What's your advice? i'm panicking as it is because I am yet to make up my mind.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
You didn't say if you obtained your university degree as an engineer or a banker, so there is not much information I can help you with. But I do know that you can land in Canada and go back to your country or any other country (if you have their visa) for a period of time, before making your final landing in Canada, however, just make sure that you have accumulated at least 730 days in every 5 years cycle to be eligible to renew your permanent residency. So assuming your Masters program is for a year you can go attend your first semester, go back to Canada during the break, and back to the US to complete your studies and then land finally in Canada.

dramaka said:
hello All,

I got my PR visa in late March 2016 after a 20-month long waiting process. I'm scheduled to arrive Toronto in June 1, 2016.

I would now proceed to give you a background about myself. I made the cut for the FSWP 2014 application which ended in December 2014. I am a banker with 4 years experience. Prior to working in the bank, I worked in a construction company for a year during my NYSC.

Right now, I also have admission to study my masters in construction engineering in the United States in August 2016, and that comes with a scholarship and a stipend. I intend to get to Canada, after about a month, apply for an f1 student visa to US, and then go for my masters in construction.
An alternative is for me to settle down in Canada and begin to search for jobs in the banking industry. I applied for the FSWP under the NOC1212 job category.
Please house.

Please advise me on the best option. The most lucrative option. Which do I go for? What's your advice? i'm panicking as it is because I am yet to make up my mind.

dramaka

May 16, 2016
Ed_b_good said:
You didn't say if you obtained your university degree as an engineer or a banker, so there is not much information I can help you with. But I do know that you can land in Canada and go back to your country or any other country (if you have their visa) for a period of time, before making your final landing in Canada, however, just make sure that you have accumulated at least 730 days in every 5 years cycle to be eligible to renew your permanent residency. So assuming your Masters program is for a year you can go attend your first semester, go back to Canada during the break, and back to the US to complete your studies and then land finally in Canada.
Yes please, my first degree is in engineering. I just got admission to Bowling Green State University for a 2-year masters program which can be accelerated and actually done in a year. I've received an assistant-ship which comes with a tuition waiver and monthly stipend. I am yet to apply for the US F1 student visa. I was advised that if I want to, I should do it from Canada after landing.

Now while in the bank, I simply worked in centralized operations (Account Opening, Third party payments, Issue resolution etc.) and nothing related to construction or engineering. I have no certification or degree in finance. I understand Ontario is the hub for Finance in Canada and a good place to start.
I also understand the residency requirement of 2 years out of 5 years. I do intend to fulfill that even though I decide to go thru with the MSc program.

But is it worth it? Can't I just go and do some bridging or finance program? Which bridging program exactly?
Please assist.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Accountancy is a regulated profession in Canada i.e you will have to be certified before you can practice. If you are landing in Ontario see this link for the Accountancy profession and bridging programs http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_CA.html. also check this link and download an ebook on the accountancy profession http://info.prepareforcanada.com/ebooks.

Is it worth it to continue in your course of study/training? That is entirely up to you no body knows you better than you know yourself. However, it is better you choose a career that you love and are willing to do while earning a pay along the way, so you decide is it Accounting or Engineering?

dramaka said:
Yes please, my first degree is in engineering. I just got admission to Bowling Green State University for a 2-year masters program which can be accelerated and actually done in a year. I've received an assistant-ship which comes with a tuition waiver and monthly stipend. I am yet to apply for the US F1 student visa. I was advised that if I want to, I should do it from Canada after landing.

Now while in the bank, I simply worked in centralized operations (Account Opening, Third party payments, Issue resolution etc.) and nothing related to construction or engineering. I have no certification or degree in finance. I understand Ontario is the hub for Finance in Canada and a good place to start.
I also understand the residency requirement of 2 years out of 5 years. I do intend to fulfill that even though I decide to go thru with the MSc program.

But is it worth it? Can't I just go and do some bridging or finance program? Which bridging program exactly?
Please assist.

Ebube

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-03-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2015
Med's Done....
02-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
Hi PH, I have been in banking operations for several years in Nigeria and I have registered with the agency u advised a few posts back as I intend to land in GTA. However I do not have any professional qualification in the field but would like to get a job, maybe in a bank as soon as possible. I need your advise on how I can achieve this.

Pipis Husband said:

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Ebube said:
Hi PH, I have been in banking operations for several years in Nigeria and I have registered with the agency u advised a few posts back as I intend to land in GTA. However I do not have any professional qualification in the field but would like to get a job, maybe in a bank as soon as possible. I need your advise on how I can achieve this.
Registering with that agency is one of your best decisions and they have one of the most excellent bridging programs for finance professionals like your self. After the program, you will be well suited to take advantage of opportunities that exist. Let me know as soon as you arrive the GTA, we'll meet and move ahead.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
dramaka said:
hello All,

Please house.

Hi, it would be a good idea to land in Canada, get your SIN and PR card then apply for your student visa to the US and go to pursue your Master program. To help fulfil your residency requirements here, it would be a smart idea to return during your school break and accumulate some time towards your PR renewal. When you're done with the programme, you move back here permanently and pursue a career either in banking or construction. Toronto is the financial capital of Canada and Ontario has a thriving construction sector so either way you go, you will be in the right place. All the best ahead.

Ebube

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-03-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2015
Med's Done....
02-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
Thanks, you are most helpful.

Pipis Husband said:
Registering with that agency is one of your best decisions and they have one of the most excellent bridging programs for finance professionals like your self. After the program, you will be well suited to take advantage of opportunities that exist. Let me know as soon as you arrive the GTA, we'll meet and move ahead.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
dramaka said:
hello All,
Ok, so this is the way it works my friend. finishing a Graduate degree DOES NOT guarantee you a residency in the States.
I think you need to find a way to land in Canada, go to your school and be a regular caller here in Canada till you finish the program. You can now complete enough days to renew your PR in Canada. I know someone in your shoes who finished his program in the States and came back here as a PR holder found a top job with Govt, so my advice is don't lose either and legally make the best of both. Selah

Please house.

Goodness

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
spicey said:
Does CIC accept Sworn Declaration of Birth Affidavit as Birth Certificate?

Any other opinion please!
Hi Spicey,

No they do not accept affidavit. U have to get NPC birth certificate. U can get it from any National Population Commision.

Hope this helps.