+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

Mynero

Feb 9, 2016
Hello pwettypwecious, I have responded.

@Lilbro. Apologies for my late response, had a bit of cold. Our close friends in manitoba actually moved to Calgary a while after we commenced the process.

Thnks so much for the tips. I will keep you updated.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Folks,if you are looking at BC, you could check Lower Mainland,Chilliwack,Abbotsford,Langley which are not far from Vancouver, close to the US (five borders with Washington State). Do not be scared about how 'expensive' BC is, if other Provinces were that cheap less people would be in BC and more in those far places! The truth is; it all evens out except you have a business you want to do that is location specific,please look into other Provinces with proper guidance.
When people from the Far East come here, they do with a mentality of owning their own businesses, while for us its jobs and the truth is both dreams are fulfilled.
Population helps some of these guys to improve their business, please come in with a very large dream and watch them come to pass with hardwork and prayers.
All the best Nigerians

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
dreamteam said:
Folks,if you are looking at BC, you could check Lower Mainland,Chilliwack,Abbotsford,Langley which are not far from Vancouver, close to the US (five borders with Washington State). Do not be scared about how 'expensive' BC is, if other Provinces were that cheap less people would be in BC and more in those far places! The truth is; it all evens out except you have a business you want to do that is location specific,please look into other Provinces with proper guidance.
When people from the Far East come here, they do with a mentality of owning their own businesses, while for us its jobs and the truth is both dreams are fulfilled.
Population helps some of these guys to improve their business, please come in with a very large dream and watch them come to pass with hardwork and prayers.
All the best Nigerians
I like these kind of talks; very encouraging

superzee

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2015
LANDED..........
02-04-2016
lilbro said:
Hi, just out of curiosity the. I would like to know why you and your husband choosed Manitoba? Because it's always good to have close friends and family in the province where u intend staying to give u a soft landing, unless otherwise!
When I travelled there was no BVN, no restrictions to the amount of cash we could withdraw using naija atm, so I and my wife travelled with the maximum amount of cash each person can carry not to raise any problems and when we got here we started withdrawing on a daily basis using the atm for almost 1yr. Because we never had any plans returning to Nigeria till when it gets better. We tried wire transfer only once the charges were too much, so I would suggest u do same u and hubby can withdraw $600 daily as supposed to $2000 daily myself and wife did last year. When asked by those our olosho immigration officer how much u are travelling with your husband should tell them that's it a strange news because u always travel with your cards and do payments with cards it's a cashless world. That way there won't be any eyes on u. Let him wear an inner boxers with plenty pockets same as u distribute the funds there for safe keeping don't put it in any hand luggage or the bags u r checking in so it doesn't get stolen, please when in the transit plane to Canada endeavour to declare separately the funds u have on the landing card given to you in the plane, that's what you will give to landing port officer, have a good trip
@lilbro : Sent you a PM and awaiting your response.

Thank you.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
@superzee I have responded check your inbox

superzee said:
@lilbro : Sent you a PM and awaiting your response.

Thank you.

landed2016

Feb 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 August 2014
Nomination.....
3 December 2014
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
16 July 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 March 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Hello seniors, I've just got PPR and intend landing in Toronto in June. I have no friends or family there and would like you help in a suitable location I can look for accommodation. Am coming with two kids below 6yrs so a good area with good schools. Thank you

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
landed2016 said:
Hello seniors, I've just got PPR and intend landing in Toronto in June. I have no friends or family there and would like you help in a suitable location I can look for accommodation. Am coming with two kids below 6yrs so a good area with good schools. Thank you
Hello, accomodation search is largely dictated by where you can find a vacancy. Because the desirable may not always be available when you land and where it is, it may be quite expensive. There is a tendency for rentals/home prices to be quite high close to the 'good' schools. I put good in quote because there are actually no bad schools here as the public schools are all held to the same standards. But if you want to take a look at school rankings, use this link, http://ontario.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/SchoolsByRankLocationName.aspx

A more realistic approach would be to find affordable accomodstion first then look for the school in that catchment area. Favor being on your side, you can later purchase a home anywhere you want with the 'good school' being a deciding factor. All the best.

landed2016

Feb 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 August 2014
Nomination.....
3 December 2014
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
16 July 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 March 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Thank you for the advise PH.

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Please, which of the CIC approved hospitals in Lagos (or even Abuja) will agree to do medical examination, especially chest xray on a pregnant woman?

Which has a lead shield?

GOOM

Nov 6, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hello, all the answers you need are in this very thread, just begin to read backwards and tap from the experiences of those that have landed before you. There are over 200 pages of this thread filled with vital info concerning job hunting, accomodation in various parts of Canada, even issues you have not yet thought of. So patiently start reading backwards and be better prepared. If you see any particular story that you need further info on, you can contact the writer by PM or ask the general house specific issues and wait for a response. All the best to you and your family.

Thank you Pipis Husband for your tips.It was very helpful. I will definitely stay in touch.

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
please just asking, can one change career path after landing? Is it possible for an accountant to go into IT security.

It is an area i have passion for and i have slight knowledge of the area but want to go fully into it when landed.

Responses would be appreciated.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
canadamyplace said:
please just asking, can one change career path after landing? Is it possible for an accountant to go into IT security.

It is an area i have passion for and i have slight knowledge of the area but want to go fully into it when landed.

Responses would be appreciated.
yeah you can change career

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
please naija seniors, anyone with detailed UPDATED information on how to get a canadian drivers license with our naija own?whats the whole process please?is it with the regular naija license or with the international drivers permit??

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
I don't know much about the clinics in Lagos, but for Abuja the clinic approved by CIC is ABUJA CLINICS by amazon street in Maitama, and yes you or your spouse will be provided a lead shield if pregnant.

Slowlybtsurely said:
Please, which of the CIC approved hospitals in Lagos (or even Abuja) will agree to do medical examination, especially chest xray on a pregnant woman?

Which has a lead shield?