Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Scotia bank
SCOtia bank
scotia bank

pickabeau said:
3 Immigration Topics / Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration / Re: NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK. on: December 04, 2014, 10:23:45 am
So can the landed provide tips on the following based on their first hand knowledge

- Recommended Top 3 banks based on suitability of products, no or low fees, proper follow up with customers and help with mortgages.

Thanks

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Dont recommend what you dont no pls

TrustingGod said:
@ All,greetings.
I read previously smone's acc saying they were later required to hand in passport pictures-on landing and one persns picture was rejected after they had left Ca due to size issues.The persn wanted clarificatn regarding writing names at the back/dating the pics.Pls can any one throw more light on this.we were not asked for pics on landing. Importantly,having obtained the sin and on course towards health card reg,are there any mandatory registratns?I will appreciate yr informed cntributions pls.Thank you

@ Pickabeau,you may wish to consider Bank of Montreal -v pocket friendly with minimal charges,older residents say.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Happy new year to all.

To our landed seniors please at what point will Canada address be requested from us - is it at the issuance of COPR or at the point of entry?

If the only address one has is the hotel or short stay one has booked, what happens?

I learnt an address is always required for the delivery of PR card.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Anvaller said:
If u can afford to, I'll advise u to get the FRSC driver's license. Anything short of that would never be the best option. I am not even sure if the so called "temporary" license can offer u the eligibility to drive for 3 months. What they recognize as Nigeria's license is that FRSC license. If u do not have that license before coming to Canada, u may not be eligible to drive for a minimum of 9 months. And u know what? life is hellish here without a car or let me just say without a driver's license.

Good luck!
Ok

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Sambisa Valley said:
Happy new year to all.

To our landed seniors please at what point will Canada address be requested from us - is it at the issuance of COPR or at the point of entry?

If the only address one has is the hotel or short stay one has booked, what happens?

I learnt an address is always required for the delivery of PR card.
Of course ur address is required because if u don't have an address, how would they deliver it? But don't sweat too much about the address, if u can't give them a permanent address at the port of entry. I worried about it too but found out that there is nothing to it. The IO will instruct you on where to send ur address to (within 30 days) once you have a permanent address after landing. So once u rent an apartment and u have an address, u can forward the address to them.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Anvaller said:
Of course ur address is required because if u don't have an address, how would they deliver it? But don't sweat too much about the address, if u can't give them a permanent address at the port of entry. I worried about it too but found out that there is nothing to it. The IO will instruct you on where to send ur address to (within 30 days) once you have a permanent address after landing. So once u rent an apartment and u have an address, u can forward the address to them.

Many thanks. I was only wondering. If successful, my plan is to land and lodge in a bed and breakfast and look for an apartment.

You solved the puzzle, thanks

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 & Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
gentleiphy said:
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.
Dear Gentleiphy

I am not a landed senior but i think it's more important to start in a city where you have family/close friends. I also think Saskatoon has a very low unemployment rate and is booming compared to Toronto. You might want to consider staying in Sask for sometime then resettling much later elsewhere if you dont like it there.

We have a few seniors that are doing well in Saskatchewan. Please check the thread from the beginning. Omonaija has been very helpful and I believe has settled in quite well in Sask. Please inbox him. The challenge with Sask n other Oil exporting provinces is the decline in the price of oil while oil importing provinces like Ontario and Quebec are enjoying the dip. Saskatchewan and Alberta have the lowest unemployment rate at 3.6% and 4.7% respectively while Ontario is at 7%, higher than the national average of 6.6%. Having said this, there are many other things to consider like you core profession (Finance is good in Toronto, Manufacturing in Sask), the weather....

Pray, research and ask questions.
All the best.... Do let me know if you decide to settle for Sask.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
chosen said:
Dear Gentleiphy

I am not a landed senior but i think it's more important to start in a city where you have family/close friends. I also think Saskatoon has a very low unemployment rate and is booming compared to Toronto. You might want to consider staying in Sask for sometime then resettling much later elsewhere if you dont like it there.

We have a few seniors that are doing well in Saskatchewan. Please check the thread from the beginning. Omonaija has been very helpful and I believe has settled in quite well in Sask. Please inbox him. The challenge with Sask n other Oil exporting provinces is the decline in the price of oil while oil importing provinces like Ontario and Quebec are enjoying the dip. Saskatchewan and Alberta have the lowest unemployment rate at 3.6% and 4.7% respectively while Ontario is at 7%, higher than the national average of 6.6%. Having said this, there are many other things to consider like you core profession (Finance is good in Toronto, Manufacturing in Sask), the weather....

Thanks so much Chosen...with what you just explained,i have to settle for Sask based on the fact that its better to start off where you can have guide at least...my relative is ready to keep me for 3 months just to understand Canada..and if later in the years i decide to move elsewhere fine...saving money on accommodation for 3 months too is another attraction to Sask...the weather i learnt is something else but my relative has been there for over 15yrs and he has not died of cold..hehehe..thanks Chosen..i will pl omonaija now.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Veeeery interesting Analysis Chosen.... You have spoken very well and wise too...

You are the kind of person i'll like to make my friend !

Gentleiphy..... I have sent you a PM with my phone number.... we need to talk pros and cons and hopefully you will be able to make up your mind.....

But a rule of thumb to you and everyone who is yet to land "ALWAYS CHOOSE TO LAND WHERE YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR/AND FAMILY"... You will save so much time and money and your settling process will be shorter and hassle free.

All the best guys... I remain at your service !

chosen said:
Dear Gentleiphy

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Omo Naija said:
Veeeery interesting Analysis Chosen.... You have spoken very well and wise too...

You are the kind of person i'll like to make my friend !

Gentleiphy..... I have sent you a PM with my phone number.... we need to talk pros and cons and hopefully you will be able to make up your mind.....

But a rule of thumb to you and everyone who is yet to land "ALWAYS CHOOSE TO LAND WHERE YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR/AND FAMILY"... You will save so much time and money and your settling process will be shorter and hassle free.

All the best guys... I remain at your service !
What else can i say @ omonaija....you really lifted my spirit after our long phone conversation and all your advise....and if not for Chosen's advise to pm you i would still have been stuck with indecision and at the end make a wrong decision...what chosen analysed was the introduction of what you later fully gave me....thanks you so much Guys....and for update..i have initiated all the things you ask me to start in earnest and will always give you feed back..

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Greetings,

For some of you interested in coming to Saskatchewan or recently landed in Saskatchewan, i will like to encourage you to register in the mentorship programme with the Saskatchewan intercultural organization.

http://www.saskintercultural.org/programs/employment/mentorship-project

Apart from the fact that it is completely free of charge, you also get the following;

1) Excellent mentorship training such as how to act in Canadian workplace, understanding Canadian accents, Free First aid & CPR trainings etc.
2) A regular Personal Training allowance (PTA) from the Government of Saskatchewan till you get a job (between $600 - $1300 monthly depending on your family size)
3) An internship job placement in your occupation line after your training to give you relevant Canadian experience (80% of placement employers actually retain the interns).
4) Life insurance during your internship
5) A $200 cheque to buy any book or take any exams of your choice to enhance your job search.

I must add that it isn't an all comers affair... they take between 10-12 people every quarter. you can get more details from their website.
I actually attended this last year before i got my current job.

All the best guys !

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Another reason to come to Saskatchewan.....

http://radiuscentre.com/employment-programs/

The Radius Community Centre offers FREE trainings In Saskatoon for new immigrants in relevant areas to develop your job searching skills.

I also attended this one too :-[

Please go through the url above for more details

This one doesn't pay Salary sha :mad:

All the best guys and don't forget my +1 :p