18-09-2014
IELTS Request
18-09-2014 (SENT WITH APPLICATION)
bensonams said:
Re: LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

« September 20, 2014, 02:06:26 am »

Quote from: Jibaba on November 14, 2013, 08:10:49 am

Hello Pipos

...it has been a long while. How una dey ... I was just mulling over an idea and i really need help, partners and encouragement

i have been here in Canada for almost a year and despite all the advices , reading over 1000 pages of the naija lets network forum and several interactions with landed seniors, juniors ,"where to starter" a.k.a learner , clueless, cluefull...old and young .. i still dont think i have enough clue as to a lot of things. i see people making mistakes, i hear inspirational stories, people making good strides,.. i see people at the point of despair , frustration .....but i really see opportunities , freedom to be who you want to be ....love , sharing.... i see both sides and i start to wonder ... can we get some kind of best practices together here ....I then notice we may have a common goal of making it in Canada , but our context are always different. e.g where we were coming from , our belief system , things we have learned over the years that we may have to unlearn .

So i am thinking of collecting
very good stories,
ideas ,
success stories,
goof stories
homilies, advices - good or bad,
one liners ( like my little son calling Canada a sleepcountry ..where things moves serenrenwerenren ...that is everything is in order and according to plan) ...,
one pagers,
80- pages ...bring it on ! .

The subject can range from
entering Canada to packing your load and leaving,
workplace experience , to settling kids in school,
churching or mosqueing with nigerians,
buying houses or cars , doing business or dealing with the RCMP ......
living through Winter to going to school .....managing 2 homes - nigeria and canada or long distance familying
and dealing with people back home.
Dont be shy from giving advise on marriage , divorce , raising family and maximizing potential benefits for immigrants - government grants etc.
and finally beating the system ..legally or ....somehow ...e.g paying lower rent , Cable subscription , vehicle insurances etc ... i think we all have stories

I will prefer you dont brag , i will prefer you write as much as you can write , i will prefer you dont worry about the grammar , i will prefer yuo can quote from your personal diary . i promise you to anonymize the stories and .. .
please you can also point me to website or url within this forum i can get the info.

why collection : i will like to get all these together , summarize where needed , do some analysis and come up with a read that is targeted for Nigerians.. on how to make the best of Canada ...
i realize cultures differs from Toronto to Vancouver via Cowtown and up north and round about .....i will take that into consideration

if you are interested , PM and tell me what you plan to do and i will follow up with you individually , electronically over the next few months.

Since this is a sleepCOuntry ..this will take a year to finish up and i will have the next 4 months collecting your input ...
feel free to forward this to your friends who arent member of this forum.

Common ..lets do it !

Great thinkers!
Nice one...

onyiiyke

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
IELTS Request
lilbro said:
My fellow landed naija applicant pls is it possible for one to join the police force in Canada with a PRV? Or any of their military service.
Yes it is...

onyiiyke

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
IELTS Request
Omo Naija said:
Lest i forget, Please ensure you have a picture on your linkedin profile cos most people don't accept invites from people without a picture (including me).

cheers !
Noted...

onyiiyke

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
IELTS Request
Aikoliko said:
Again before I forget, pls tell others to be very careful at MMA, Lagos while leaving Naija, they wanted to hide my last daughter`s Int`l passport (bcos of the Canadian visa in it). The latest now is that the Immigration people and other officials at the airport are stealing people`s passport. When they collect from you for a check, stay there and ensure that you collect it immediately and open it to confirm that it`s yours they give to you. They might give you a virgin passport belonging to someone . Don`t be in hurry.
Chai, is this true? Terrible...

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
Hello Forumites,

Does anybody know how to contact IOM Ikeja Office on phone to book an appointment? I tried the usual phone number posted but wasn't going through. I also called their Abuja office and was given another number which rang endlessly without being picked up. After that I complained to Abuja office and was told to send email to iomnigeria @ iom.int and that they will get back to me almost immediately which I did, but till close of business today I didn't get any response from them. Is this the way they behave and very poor service? Anybody with good story to tell about them?

I hear that they won't attend to someone except he/she books an appointment.

Please has anyone had dealings with them of recent? If yes, do send their reachable phone number or betterstill someone I can talk to and be of assistance.

In addition to that, how is their service? Fast and smooth or Slow and full of hitches and delays?

I await our responses

Cheers,
Kit01

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dear Landed Seniors,

1. Please where in Calgary do we have the concentration of Nigerians (or Africans) in Calgary?

2. will it be valuable for prospective "Landers" to evaluate their credentials before landing?

Thanks in advance for your response.

souljah2dcore

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Oloye said:
Are you coming alone as Principal applicant that family will follow later or as a single principal applicant? This will determine if your 5k will help halfway or not atall.

Oloye
Oga Oloye,

I hail o!

I am following this thread keenly and started reading from the very first page. However I am interested in this response you have given by PM.
Abeg can i be privy to it? I applied as Principal Applicant for a family of four and was planning to land with them at the same time but having gone through several posts I think otherwise is wiser. So this response is highly important. Do i still need to show POF for the whole family or just enough for me?

Regards

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
kit01 said:
Hello Forumites,

Does anybody know how to contact IOM Ikeja Office on phone to book an appointment? I tried the usual phone number posted but wasn't going through. I also called their Abuja office and was given another number which rang endlessly without being picked up. After that I complained to Abuja office and was told to send email to iomnigeria @ iom.int and that they will get back to me almost immediately which I did, but till close of business today I didn't get any response from them. Is this the way they behave and very poor service? Anybody with good story to tell about them?

Please has anyone had dealings with them of recent? If yes, do send their reachable phone number or betterstill someone I can talk to and be of assistance.

In addition to that, how is their service? Fast and smooth or Slow and full of hitches and delays?

I await our responses

Cheers,
Kit01
U can pretty much achieve what u want at IOM via just emailing. I hope they have replied u by now but to others who might be trying to deal with IOM. Simply send them a simple email of what u want and give them a a day or 2 to respond if they didn't respond the same day. In the response, they would tell u what to do. From my experience, its not difficult dealing with IOM at all. Do not attempt to call first!!! email them.

In short, send email to IOM do not call. Call only in case u have an important question after u have established a case by email. In that way u will be calling a staff that is already attending to u through email not just the general iom number.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
9ja4dLord said:
Dear Landed Seniors,

1. Please where in Calgary do we have the concentration of Nigerians (or Africans) in Calgary?

2. will it be valuable for prospective "Landers" to evaluate their credentials before landing?

Well, Nigerians abroad are not so in the habit of communal living. Unlike the the east africans and a little bit of franco phone west africans. Nigerians go where they can be better irrespective of whether Nigerians are there or not. However, the church is the best bet for u. Look for Nigerian churches.

This is my opinion from my experience.

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Anvaller said:
Well, Nigerians abroad are not so in the habit of communal living. Unlike the the east africans and a little bit of franco phone west africans. Nigerians go where they can be better irrespective of whether Nigerians are there or not. However, the church is the best bet for u. Look for Nigerian churches.

This is my opinion from my experience.
Thanks for your response. However, I know Nigerians are concentrated in the southwest area in Houston and maybe around Pekham (or something like that) in London. That's why I'm asking.

Please is there anyone in Calgary that can help with the information?

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Evergreen Bridlewood, Whitehorn,Thorncliff, Shawnessy, Coventry hills, Applewood.......no where you go wey you no go see naija people ;D ;D

On question 2, Based on my opinion, do any thing that will enhance better prospects for you, e.g, I notorized all my documents and even receipts before i got in to Canada and a close friend needed to notorise just one sheet of paper :D (A4 sheet) was done for her for $85 but most importantly PRAY!

9ja4dLord said:
Dear Landed Seniors,

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Kindly contact me for a better and cheaper alternative. :p :p :p

kit01 said:
Hello Forumites,

I await our responses

Cheers,
Kit01

Ace Cool

Nov 17, 2014
loolo said:
Evergreen Bridlewood, Whitehorn,Thorncliff, Shawnessy, Coventry hills, Applewood.......no where you go wey you no go see naija people ;D ;D

On question 2, Based on my opinion, do any thing that will enhance better prospects for you, e.g, I notorized all my documents and even receipts before i got in to Canada and a close friend needed to notorise just one sheet of paper :D (A4 sheet) was done for her for $85 but most importantly PRAY!

Loolo,

Thanks for this valuable information. Can u please get a little more explicit on what documents to get notarized? Is there a specific place in naija to do this or can one use any notary public service?

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
loolo said:

Thanks a million.

chuka2003

Sep 28, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
loolo said:

Great advise. What kind of document need to be notarized? Original certificates??