+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
My Landed seniors, i greet u all.

please, i will like to know if there is anyone residing in Halifax Nova Scotia or any town in Nova Scotia, if yes, May i know the cost of living, Job, house rent and life generally in nova scotia. Am asking because i will be moving there very soon and do not have the advantage of residing in any province of my choice due to my status (Provincial Nominee).

Thank you Seniors

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
GisG said:
Dear preffered, check out the highlighted part of ur question and my suggestions in green. Pretty simple-complete and acceptable POF required and dont panic even if u believe u met the POF before.

Thank you.

Tell your friend to get a complete POF using very generous exchange rate or preferably extra funds over his family size requirement within the given 30 days. This is the additional information or document required in addition to Medicals/RPRF. Note that he can not use things like poperty evaluation certificate or any other form of unacceptable POF.

Thank you
Dear Gis G, thank you so much. My friend with the POF update request got his PPR today

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hello landed seniors

please could anyone help with information about the Insurance industry in Canada?

Is it a regulated occupation?
are there certifications to be done?

can one start while in Nigeria?

what are the job chances?

thanks in anticipation

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Dear all,

Could someone please assist me with this inquiry? I wish to land in February/March 2015, stay for a period of time, and then return back to Nigeria. My spouse and dependents will then land in August 2015 alone without me. I know that the principal applicant (myself) MUST land first, but can my spouse and dependents land in Canada later in the year, even though I have previously landed, but not physically present in Canada. i.e. must I be physically present in Canada when they are landing?

Thank you very much.

Jcage

Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
evelyn24 said:
My Landed seniors, i greet u all.

please, i will like to know if there is anyone residing in Halifax Nova Scotia or any town in Nova Scotia, if yes, May i know the cost of living, Job, house rent and life generally in nova scotia. Am asking because i will be moving there very soon and do not have the advantage of residing in any province of my choice due to my status (Provincial Nominee).

Thank you Seniors
Hi Evelyn24,

I have not landed yet but planning to also land soon. It seems I know of someone in that part Canada but I need to confirm first. Please PM me with your contact email and I can copy you in an email to him so as to link you up.

Regards,

Jcage

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
Jcage said:
Hi Evelyn24,

I have not landed yet but planning to also land soon. It seems I know of someone in that part Canada but I need to confirm first. Please PM me with your contact email and I can copy you in an email to him so as to link you up.

Regards,

Jcage
Thanks bro, i have PM you now.

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
Jcage said:
Hi Evelyn24,

Regards,

Jcage
Thanks bro, i have PM you now.

Stella M

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUL 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
SEPT 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
JAN 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 2014
Interview........
Waived by His grace
Passport Req..
AUG 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello,

I am happy to join this group and I have been enlightened a lot by going through old posts.

One question! Is there any added advantage related to coming to Canada with an International Driver's license, or the usual Nigeria's driver license is just enough?

Your kind advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Stella M said:
Hello,

I am happy to join this group and I have been enlightened a lot by going through old posts.

One question! Is there any added advantage related to coming to Canada with an International Driver's license, or the usual Nigeria's driver license is just enough?

Your kind advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I don't think there's any extra advantage to presenting an international driving permit. Ur Naija license is very enough as long as date of 1st issue is more than 3 years and its issued by FRSC (not arrangee)

zoze

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
My landed Ogas at the Top, :D

We are planning to land in Ottawa in Feb/Mar latest Apr next year although we dont know anyone there, instead of Alberta where we have a family friend. This is because we plan to relocate to Montreal once I can improve my French as I would be starting school there in Sept.

Please anyone has experience or currently lives in Ottawa I can PM for information?

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
@Zoze,
Pls contact Egrace62.

Cheers

zoze

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
loolo said:
@ Zoze,
Pls contact Egrace62.

Cheers
Thanks, Loolo. I thought he is in Montreal. But I will. Thanks

inositol78

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-10-2014
Med's Request
30-3-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Great thread,salute evry one that has been part of this

onyiiyke

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
IELTS Request
18-09-2014 (SENT WITH APPLICATION)
omoba7 said:
DL
You would sit for a class 7 computer based test. If you pass, you would be given a class 7, card usually comes in about 2-3 weeks.
If you have your naija license, You can submit that to the registry. They would send it to Alberta government to check for authenticity. if it passes, you would be eligible to go for an advanced road test as long as you have been driving for over 3 years. Once you pass the advanced road test, you would get your card in about 2-3 weeks.
The naija license needs to be Original, make sure you were captured at an FRSC processing centre. Anything else is a fake+ fine+possible extension on the GDL process. GDL process usually takes 3 years i.e Class 7 for 1 year (can't drive with this)
Class 5 basic for 2 years (restricted driving)
Then advance (unrestricted driving).

For the mobile network, the cheapest so far is wind network. If you are coming from the EU, your phone would most likely not work with Canadian network. They do not use GSM technology here.

Babakura and Omo naija are both correct. Different things works for different people. It actually depends on ones profession. If you are in a regulated profession e.g Nursing or medicine. There is no way you can ever get a job in your field straight away. Most of these regulated professon qualifying exams can also only be written in Canada.

So it's either you take some months off to write all your qualifying exams or go to college for a lower course of study in your line of profession. Some doctors from overseas work as medical lab assistant while writing their qualifying exams. You would meet registered nurse working as health care aid while they write their qualifying exams too. But again, MLA and health care aid requires going back to school to study for at least some months. This is what babakura was trying to pass across. Most foreign qualifications are heavily discounted in Canada. Canadians believe any qualifications from outside their country cannot be trusted. or in their own words, not as valuable as the paper it was written on. I have heard Canadians say this about foreign qualifications many times.

So it's either one works in transition jobs for a very long time, or in babakuras word, suffer for sometime by going to upgrade. ;D

If you are in a field that is not regulated e.g IT and some business profession, one could be lucky depending on how desperate the employer is. You would find settling in Canada a lot easier. You can even get a job off the plane when you have the expertise/certificates in an unregulated profession and are focused.
Great info...