Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
zeemama said:
Hello all,
I would wanna say I landed in Winnipeg on Nov 12th. Been trying to catch up with lots in here especially the manitoba start. It's a nice place and a place for the strong-willed.
Just discovered that for a man, life always has unfinished stories, there is always something to believe God for, from submission of application to medicals, to PPR, to landing to making the final decision if to resign fully from the company back home. But one has to brace up.
Indeed God is in this part of the world, but you have to work out your faith with fear and trembling over here, you would be shocked to know we waste money in Nigeria, you need to see how prudent these guys are, before they spend $5 they have to think twice, unlike in naija we spend money anyhow.
For those waiting for PPR, you have to start planning, prepare yourself properly and plan ahead. You would have so much to believe God for when you get here, so pray less about your PPR and rather pray to God to establish you when you get here.
I met someone from this forum "crying freeman", we first met in Abuja and became friends over here, it's nice to have this forum.....Anyways, life is beautiful over here, you really have to decide what you want, you can decide to live the "life" or decide to allow the life "leave" you, it's all about your choice.
All the best.
Hmmmm, what a terse but loaded message.
Thanks and wish you divine favour from the God you believe in.

Dcrest

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013(M Received on 9-12-2013)
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello
Am not in Hamilton but it might be slightly cheaper than Mississauga. Am in Mississauga yet o come across a 3 bedroom flat for 1200, yes you can get for a two bedroom but for three would be very difficult to get. Houses near top rated schools are even more expensive as the school now act as a driver for house prices!!! You may want o change your budget to between 1600-1800, or for a two bed you plan or between 1300-1500 remember the higher the price the better the house in terms of everything.

All the best
Mama T,
Helloooooo! I sent u a pm last week.pls check and revert.
Regards,

B-jay

nosike

Nov 14, 2013
Hello Guys,
Please permit me to ask this question. What is Child support and what qualifies one to get it?
Thanks

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
switchlanes said:
hello everyone, its nice been here, you cant be lost having a forum like this.... but a question has always been on my mind all this while,

Am expecting me and my spouse's PR any moment from now, but am not planning traveling with her, reason been that the person to accommodate me said he can only accommodate one of us, so the decision is that i go first and settle down ,few months after then she we come and join me, or am i going to travel back to nigeria and pick her before she come down to canada, i really dont know if that will be possible which canadian PR. Anybody Got this experience
When you receive PR, you will be given up to 6months to land. The principal applicant has to land first and if you are then it's good for you, land and your spouse would join you say after few months. You don't have to travel back she would come on her own so many people on the forum have done that without any stress.

I tell you is even a good strategy for you to land first cause Canada is expensive, it would give you time to sort out a lot of things before she comes but I hope she would like the house you would rent!!!! Because men many times do not look make the best of choice in house!!!! Lol but then relax and do as your host have advised.

Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Ican! said:
Thanks a lot Tinu. Please do you have any contacts for an agent?
Would send a pm, sorry for getting across late

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
loolo said:
NO they wont.
Good to hear you again I was actually getting worried. Trust you are doing great? My regards

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
ty said:
Thank you for being committed to this forum and helping those of us coming behind. I just applied and my application is in process, hoping to land in 2014 but I have some questions to ask our landed seniors. Am planning to travel down with my mother so as to assist me with our son while we preoccupy ourselves with getting settled down and she may later come back with him till we're settled in. The issue is she was not includeded as an accompanying family member but I don't think she will have any problem getting the visa as she travels a lot though its been a while that she went to Canada. What do you think or alternatively, can we fill another form to include her in the application? If so, how do we go about that?
Pls I'l llike many people as much as possible to advice including tinuadeadebola for her point of view (as a female)
Thanks
Lol I feel you my sister, we all wish we have someone that can follow and assist with the kids. My advise is that you ask your mum to apply for a visit visa now since she had been here before and be hopeful she would get a year or two particularly if she has been travelling as you mentioned. In that case, when your eventually land she can also come with her visit visa and help you look after the child. I don't think you can include her in your application to the best of my knowledge is not allowed. Only kids less than 22 and if more still in school are allowed besides your spouse.

You can also land, and apply for a visit visa for her to start with and ultimately when you meet the criteria you could apply for a super visa. Why do you want her to go back with your son? How old is he? Is he of school age? Also if you are not sure she would get the visit visa now(e.g if there is no friend or relative that is inviting her, or no cogent reason for applying) just wait till you land and then apply for her. I don't know what your plans are but trust me you would cope we all do!!!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
B-jay said:
Mama T,
Helloooooo! I sent u a pm last week.pls check and revert.
Regards,

B-jay
I did reply immediately I got it, congrats again!!!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
nosike said:
Hello Guys,
Please permit me to ask this question. What is Child support and what qualifies one to get it?
Thanks
Hi
It's money given by GOVT, federal and province to support people with kids who are 16 or less years old. Am not too sure if above 16 qualifies. Your income level determines what you get the lower the income the higher the amour of support . You can read up on it in the CRA website. (Canada revenue agency)

Cheers

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
tinuadeadebola said:
Lol I feel you my sister, we all wish we have someone that can follow and assist with the kids. My advise is that you ask your mum to apply for a visit visa now since she had been here before and be hopeful she would get a year or two particularly if she has been travelling as you mentioned. In that case, when your eventually land she can also come with her visit visa and help you look after the child. I don't think you can include her in your application to the best of my knowledge is not allowed. Only kids less than 22 and if more still in school are allowed besides your spouse.

You can also land, and apply for a visit visa for her to start with and ultimately when you meet the criteria you could apply for a super visa. Why do you want her to go back with your son? How old is he? Is he of school age? Also if you are not sure she would get the visit visa now(e.g if there is no friend or relative that is inviting her, or no cogent reason for applying) just wait till you land and then apply for her. I don't know what your plans are but trust me you would cope we all do!!!
Hello tinuadeadebola, how are you and family? I really appreciate you because you are always around to give us encouragement. Thanks and may God enrich your household in canada.Amen

Eni

Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-12
AOR Received.
02-05-12
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
I say good day to all our landed seniors in the house.we are really proud of the work you are doing here.I need your assistance in getting the IOM contact in Lagos.I will appreciate giving me a phone number of a particular person that will be of help.I'm expecting my PPR any moment from now.I will appreciate if this info can be sent through PM.
Best regards
Eni

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
tinuadeadebola said:
Hi
It's money given by GOVT, federal and province to support people with kids who are 16 or less years old. Am not too sure if above 16 qualifies. Your income level determines what you get the lower the income the higher the amour of support . You can read up on it in the CRA website. (Canada revenue agency)

Cheers
May I please contribute? Ur effort at trying to inform is impressive but I am afraid, the definition u gave must have a different term, maybe "child benefit" or whatever. From my understanding, Child Support is not paid by the government at all. Child support is an estimated amount of money meant for the upkeep of a child and paid (in most cases) to the mother of the child by the father of the child. The govt is usually only involved to enforce the payment if both parties are unable to reach amicable agreement.

nosike said:
Hello Guys,
Thanks
In short, if u are not planning to divorce or separate from ur spouse, u will never have anything to do with child support. I hate everything about child support laws, it finishes men at the expense of women rather than actually support the children it is meant for.

So men let's use this moment to enlighten ourselves, most especially those still in Nigeria and are not so informed about child support laws. If u impregnate any woman randomly when u get to Canada without carefully verifying whether she is genuinely in love with u, wants to be with u and possibly marry u, u are more than likely going to fall into a child support mess. So be careful, nothing runs a man down more than child support in North America. The more money u earn, the more she drags u to court for an upward review of the previous amount. So Beware!!! If u lost ur job and can't pay ur child support, they put u in jail. U see? That's how bad it can get.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Anvaller said:
May I please contribute? Ur effort at trying to inform is impressive but I am afraid, the definition u gave must have a different term, maybe "child benefit" or whatever. From my understanding, Child Support is not paid by the government at all. Child support is an estimated amount of money meant for the upkeep of a child and paid (in most cases) to the mother of the child by the father of the child. The govt is usually only involved to enforce the payment if both parties are unable to reach amicable agreement.

In short, if u are not planning to divorce or separate from ur spouse, u will never have anything to do with child support. I hate everything about child support laws, it finishes men at the expense of women rather than actually support the children it is meant for.

So men let's use this moment to enlighten ourselves, most especially those still in Nigeria and are not so informed about child support laws. If u impregnate any woman randomly when u get to Canada without carefully verifying whether she is genuinely in love with u, wants to be with u and possibly marry u, u are more than likely going to fall into a child support mess. So be careful, nothing runs a man down more than child support in North America. The more money u earn, the more she drags u to court for an upward review of the previous amount. So Beware!!! If u lost ur job and can't pay ur child support, they put u in jail. U see? That's how bad it can get.
Thanks for pointing that out I actually thought she meant support given to parents to help defray the cost of children upkeep I did not give a thought to child support as it has to do with the legal meaning!!! My explanation is actually on the Child Tax Benefit and not child support and thanks or advising the male folk. Guys Canada is not ike Naija ooooooo so please drop some habit at the airport while boarding the plane so you don't run into trouble here.

Cheers

tito

Feb 10, 2007
It's been a while, glad to see this thread moving on.

Madam Tinu,
How ya side? Regards to oga and the kids..

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
tinuadeadebola said:

You can also land, ad apply for a visit visa for her to start with and ultimately when you meet the criteria you could apply for a super visa. Why do you want her to go back with your son? How old is he? Is he of school age? Also if you are not sure she would get the visit visa now(e.g if there is no friend or relative that is inviting her, or no cogent reason for applying) just wait till you land and then apply for her. I don't know what your plans are but trust me you would cope we all do!!!
Thanks sis, he's just 2 at present and she has been helping with his care since his birth. I don't know but I just feel bringing him back to naija will allow us face work squarely for some months to be able to pull funds together before we start living our 'dream' proper ;) ;) ;)