+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

bishop

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
I had to come out of hiding today after a few months - thank you to everyone who takes time out to share their experiences so that others can learn and also thank you to everyone who take time to answer questions asked. God bless us all as we move ahead in life.

cheers,

bishop

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Ican! said:
Good day everyone! It's such a pleasure to be here. I cam across the 'Nigerian Applicants let us network' forum while searching the internet for some help. Since then I have been reading that thread voraciously and digesting all the information put out there. Simply put that forum is wonderful and full of a new breed of Nigerians. I haven't finished reading all the posts but I have already seen that people there and here are a different breed of Nigerians with a new mindset and care for one another. All I can say is God bless all of you and for whoever started it all, you will never run out of ideas in life. I wish I had seen this forum while processing our immigration file.
I would be needing some help from here. I landed in Canada in April this year with my family and then returned to Nigeria. We are looking for accommodation in Hamilton or Mississuaga Ontario close to any good rated elementary school for the sake of our kids. Our budget is $1200 for a 3 bedroom apartment (inclusive of utilities). Please if any landed senior can help, I would love to establish contact with the person.

Feels so good to be in the midst of lovely people like this. I posted this request in the other forum and was directed to this forum as a better front to seek for help. Please do oblige me if you are in any way able to help.

Thank you all.
Hello
Am not in Hamilton but it might be slightly cheaper than Mississauga. Am in Mississauga yet o come across a 3 bedroom flat for 1200, yes you can get for a two bedroom but for three would be very difficult to get. Houses near top rated schools are even more expensive as the school now act as a driver for house prices!!! You may want o change your budget to between 1600-1800, or for a two bed you plan or between 1300-1500 remember the higher the price the better the house in terms of everything.

All the best

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Bukonla80 said:
Hello House,

I need your advice on a particular topic. Please kindly advice on the implication of defaulting on the residency obligation for the MPNP. If I get a job outside Manitoba, say Calgary and I decide to relocate immediately I land; do you think that will affect my PR Status?

Secondly, what if I get a rotation job in Alberta. In this case, I can work in Alberta and live in Manitoba. Will I still fulfill both residential and employment goals.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Regards
my sincere advice,please don't leave your province until after three year.if not you will be asked to go back to your country.province of manitoba is known to be strict regard to fulfilling three years probation period.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Ican! said:
Good day everyone! It's such a pleasure to be here. I cam across the 'Nigerian Applicants let us network' forum while searching the internet for some help. Since then I have been reading that thread voraciously and digesting all the information put out there. Simply put that forum is wonderful and full of a new breed of Nigerians. I haven't finished reading all the posts but I have already seen that people there and here are a different breed of Nigerians with a new mindset and care for one another. All I can say is God bless all of you and for whoever started it all, you will never run out of ideas in life. I wish I had seen this forum while processing our immigration file.
I would be needing some help from here. I landed in Canada in April this year with my family and then returned to Nigeria. We are looking for accommodation in Hamilton or Mississuaga Ontario close to any good rated elementary school for the sake of our kids. Our budget is $1200 for a 3 bedroom apartment (inclusive of utilities). Please if any landed senior can help, I would love to establish contact with the person.

Feels so good to be in the midst of lovely people like this. I posted this request in the other forum and was directed to this forum as a better front to seek for help. Please do oblige me if you are in any way able to help.

if you really meant what you said,new market will be ideal for you to reside.they have good school and affordable accommodation that suite your need.

Thank you all.

ginacom2003

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Warri, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept; 2012
Nomination.....
11th July, 2013
AOR Received.
20th Sept; 2013
IELTS Request
Submited with application
Med's Request
9th Nov; 2013
Med's Done....
13th Nov; 2013
Interview........
4th July, 2013
Passport Req..
2nd Apr; 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17th April, 2014
LANDED..........
14th May, 2014
Hello Fellow Nigerians,

Please assist on this:

If the weight of luggage per passenger is 23kg x 2No. for example. Will the airline accept luggages that exceed 23kg each for a family of 6. For a family of 6 = 23kg x 2No. Luggages x 6 = 276kg Total. Will the airline accept luggages that exceed 23kg per luggage for the family of 6 bearing in mind that the total will not be up to or exceed 276kg?

EXAMPLE: 40kg each x 6No. = 240Kg

Thanks for anticipated response.

Ican!

Nov 17, 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello
Am not in Hamilton but it might be slightly cheaper than Mississauga. Am in Mississauga yet o come across a 3 bedroom flat for 1200, yes you can get for a two bedroom but for three would be very difficult to get. Houses near top rated schools are even more expensive as the school now act as a driver for house prices!!! You may want o change your budget to between 1600-1800, or for a two bed you plan or between 1300-1500 remember the higher the price the better the house in terms of everything.

All the best
Thanks a lot Tinu. Please do you have any contacts for an agent?

Ican!

Nov 17, 2013
Good evening Shaddy. Please I didn't quite get the location you mentioned. Where is it and any contacts please?

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
NO they wont.

ginacom2003 said:
Hello Fellow Nigerians,

Please assist on this:

If the weight of luggage per passenger is 23kg x 2No. for example. Will the airline accept luggages that exceed 23kg each for a family of 6. For a family of 6 = 23kg x 2No. Luggages x 6 = 276kg Total. Will the airline accept luggages that exceed 23kg per luggage for the family of 6 bearing in mind that the total will not be up to or exceed 276kg?

EXAMPLE: 40kg each x 6No. = 240Kg

Thanks for anticipated response.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Akerekoro said:
Madam Tinu, I just remember what you said about a year ago.
I can see it happening.
We give thanks to God Almighty.
Special regards to all landed Seniors.
Akerekoro,
Congrats o. Long time no see.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Ican! said:
Good evening Shaddy. Please I didn't quite get the location you mentioned. Where is it and any contacts please?
where are you presently?

zeemama

Jul 4, 2012
Hello all,
I would wanna say I landed in Winnipeg on Nov 12th. Been trying to catch up with lots in here especially the manitoba start. It's a nice place and a place for the strong-willed.
Just discovered that for a man, life always has unfinished stories, there is always something to believe God for, from submission of application to medicals, to PPR, to landing to making the final decision if to resign fully from the company back home. But one has to brace up.
Indeed God is in this part of the world, but you have to work out your faith with fear and trembling over here, you would be shocked to know we waste money in Nigeria, you need to see how prudent these guys are, before they spend $5 they have to think twice, unlike in naija we spend money anyhow.
For those waiting for PPR, you have to start planning, prepare yourself properly and plan ahead. You would have so much to believe God for when you get here, so pray less about your PPR and rather pray to God to establish you when you get here.
I met someone from this forum "crying freeman", we first met in Abuja and became friends over here, it's nice to have this forum.....Anyways, life is beautiful over here, you really have to decide what you want, you can decide to live the "life" or decide to allow the life "leave" you, it's all about your choice.
All the best.

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Thank you for being committed to this forum and helping those of us coming behind. I just applied and my application is in process, hoping to land in 2014 but I have some questions to ask our landed seniors. Am planning to travel down with my mother so as to assist me with our son while we preoccupy ourselves with getting settled down and she may later come back with him till we're settled in. The issue is she was not includeded as an accompanying family member but I don't think she will have any problem getting the visa as she travels a lot though its been a while that she went to Canada. What do you think or alternatively, can we fill another form to include her in the application? If so, how do we go about that?
Pls I'l llike many people as much as possible to advice including tinuadeadebola for her point of view (as a female)
Thanks

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
hello everyone, its nice been here, you cant be lost having a forum like this.... but a question has always been on my mind all this while,

Am expecting me and my spouse's PR any moment from now, but am not planning traveling with her, reason been that the person to accommodate me said he can only accommodate one of us, so the decision is that i go first and settle down ,few months after then she we come and join me, or am i going to travel back to nigeria and pick her before she come down to canada, i really dont know if that will be possible which canadian PR. Anybody Got this experience

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
zeemama said:
Hello all,
I would wanna say I landed in Winnipeg on Nov 12th. Been trying to catch up with lots in here especially the manitoba start. It's a nice place and a place for the strong-willed.
Just discovered that for a man, life always has unfinished stories, there is always something to believe God for, from submission of application to medicals, to PPR, to landing to making the final decision if to resign fully from the company back home. But one has to brace up.
Indeed God is in this part of the world, but you have to work out your faith with fear and trembling over here, you would be shocked to know we waste money in Nigeria, you need to see how prudent these guys are, before they spend $5 they have to think twice, unlike in naija we spend money anyhow.
For those waiting for PPR, you have to start planning, prepare yourself properly and plan ahead. You would have so much to believe God for when you get here, so pray less about your PPR and rather pray to God to establish you when you get here.
I met someone from this forum "crying freeman", we first met in Abuja and became friends over here, it's nice to have this forum.....Anyways, life is beautiful over here, you really have to decide what you want, you can decide to live the "life" or decide to allow the life "leave" you, it's all about your choice.
All the best.
Zeemama, I have just given you your first +1 for this beautiful post, you started philosophically and indeed I cannot agree with you less. The difference in spending pattern is because here, a reasonable number of people get free fund not because they are hardworking and ingenious but rather through smartness, rent seeking and of course corrupt practices in different forms and shapes. But out there, you must work to get money. Some of us have braced up for the challenges even while on this side of the divide. I heard of a lawyer who left for Canada got certified and had to return home saying you cannot make money in Canada as much as you can make back home. That your fees are somehow regulated and you cannot charge indiscriminately as it is being done at home.

Laughing Freeman. I dey hail o! if you are reading my post.