NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Okay so today was a very eventful day, we left the house at about 9.30am and didn't get back till 6.00pm.

We have concluded getting our sin, Alberta health card and then opened an account with Rbc(we decided to open a joint one in one bank and single accounts with scotia).pls note that when obtaining the sin, we were warned not to disclose this nos to anyone to prevent identity theft and that its only alberta health registry and banks(for credit card purposes) that we should disclose it to.Also when you secure an employment, your employer is allowed to have this info.Note that no other company is allowed to ask for this and when they ask just tell them you can't give it out.Emphasis was made especially on phone companies and we were severely warned not to give any phone company our sin nos as when this enters their database, then you know that the whole world as access to your sin and can easily steal your identity.

Usually the banks would want to verify your addy and if you have not received any mail on that address you give then you might have to show then your sin paper with your address on it but please do not allow them make a copy(scotia bank requested and we declined) and they proceeded with the account opening anyway.

When we stepped into Rbc we were warmly received and the atmosphere was fantastic, we were attended to and we opened a joint co-signatory checque account with no charge for a year ,however Rbc does not give new immigrant a secured/unsecured credit card for this account would need to verify tomorrow if this is possible for a sole signatory account(don't think so though).the exchange rate we got for our US dollar conversion was1.034thereabout which was fantastic compared to what scotia was offering.We asked all the necessary question as we had been severely warned by our relative to ask this and possible bargain/negotiate as there maybe some hidden charges that won't be disclosed.FOr instance usually Rbc does just 6mnths free banking for new immigrant but we were able to negotiate for a yr .plus we got a free safe box for 6months .

So we then proceeded to scotia to open our individual accounts and the very irst shock was that we couldn't be attended to cause we didn't have an appointment :eek:f or money wey I dey bring oh.I was totally shocked at the poor customer service sha but my hubby persuaded the lady to see if anything could be done and alas she scheduled us eventually.The main reason for wanting to open with scotia was to get the credit card so we cold start building our credit rating.So we opened our accounts got their debit card, was promised a free seve card in which you generate points for any purchases made at a particular cinema(this card would be mailed to our address).SO it came to lodging our dollars and pounds and we were shocked that the exchange rate was way lower than Rbc so we would eventually be loosing some dollars more so if the money to be deposited is high.ANother strange thing that occurred after we had lodged in our money was that the head of the teller came out and said they needed proof of the source of the money .WE told them we didn't have proof and that we are new immigrants and it is expected that prior to landing we should have a stipulated amount of money and that this was declared at point of entry(recall that after filling the declaration card no ne asked me anything)but the lady insisted that we should have a receipt for any amount of money above 7000$ .Na so they return our money oh but they wanted to retain our pounds na so we tell them to pls give us every thing oh :eek:but we were happy as the rate was bad anyway and we didn't have hassles with rbc. So if you would have above that amount ask at the point of entry for a receipt or bring your statement from Nigeria.

I would use this tomorrow or probably as my Naija account officer to help generate a receipt of withdrawal, i didnt get this in gtb , should have collected the copy of the dollar photocopy made, this would have ben easier to show as proof as I would still need to deposit some amount in there cause the account is in existence any way.

So we have technically opend a zero balc account with scotia 8)don't know if previous landed snrs experienced this and how this was averted so that newly landed immigrants don't experience same.

Tomorrow bank runs continues as this would need to be sorted and between Rbc and scotia we spent like 6hrs.We didn't waste time at all getting sin and signing up for Alberta health.

Also it's important that you keep your documents as you do all this registrations as we were told that a newly landed immigrant misplaced their passports, copr and sin during the process of trying to get all their registration done.They forgot the documents on the train and till date they are yet to find them.This incident occurred in March :mad:and the family of 5 is currently distraught.So pls pls guide all this document with your life.

Guess that's the update for now, hopefully someone would pick a pt from this and would learn from us.

Ciao.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Sleek Ricky, congrats, so happy for you.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Well done priceless! Just take it easy one step after the other and you will be done soon. Cheers

Favor

Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
@ Priceless

CONGRATULATIONS! Indeed, the Eagle has finally landed!
So so happy for you! I must say I admire your energy! With all your research and preparations, it's no surprise you guys hit the ground running!

And thank you for the indepth detail report. So many lessons to learn from your experiences.
I pray God bless and prosper your family in Canada like He did for Papa Abraham. Your eyes are open to not only see opportunities, but take advantage of those opportunities to prosper in life in Jesus name, amen.
Thumps up!

Cynthybaby

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Med's Request
30-05-12
Med's Done....
28-06-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-12
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-12
LANDED..........
Soon by His grace
Sleek Ricky said:
Hello Everyone in the House,

Let me formally report here that we(family of 5) landed on 1st April 2013 in Calgary via KLM. No issues with the flight, all was smooth. However, the conveyor belt at MM Int. Airport was faulty on the night of our departure. So when science fails, you have to go the old fashioned way, right? All luggages had to be hand carried to the loading vans then to the aircraft. This resulted in a one hour delay of the flight but the pilot made up by increasing speed and other parameters to Amsterdam.

Landing in Calgary had a bit of drama though. One of our bag was held up by the Canadian Border Services Agency while another one was left behind in Lagos (we had 12 bags in total!). Funny enough the immigration officer that did all the paper work did not ask to see my POF( all was in Cash USD) even though I declared that i had over 10k. He went on to explain how it is our responsibility to provide proof that we are meeting our residency obligations and the number of days required to do so. Back to the withheld bag; it contained knorr chicken cubes, dry fish, stock fish etc. ;D However, only the knorr Chicken was not allowed to pass go. Then enter another officer who then asked me exactly how much I had since I had declared that I had over 10k USD. He proceeded to count half a wrap then used that to roughly estimate the rest of the money then set us on our way.

KLM informed us that the other bag would arrive the next day, and it did. Intact.

SIN done, Health Care done and card received, Bank account opened at Scotia Bank with 1000CAD credit card and no charges for the first one year, Children started school. Up-next is child benefits and Alberta I.D card.

Calgary is a very safe place I must say. People even leave home sometimes without locking their doors without even thinking about it. One time I forgot to lock my door and only remember when my friend had driven off and raised an alarm. My friend told me to relax that nothing will happen and thank God nothing did. But I ain't making that slip next time o. I no wan hear story or be the next statistics abeg. Safety first. But it so amazing to be in a society where security is so well provided and people are so so helpful, including our fellow Nigerians. Who says your environment does not have an effect on you?

I thank God for everything.

To all awaiting one form of response or the other from Accra, Godspeed is all I wish you all.
Congrats Sleek Ricky and family on your safe landing. May God order your steps in Jesus name. Amen

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
Cynthybaby said:
Congrats Sleek Ricky and family on your safe landing. May God order your steps in Jesus name. Amen
Thank you very much my sister. Truly appreciated. A further big Amen to your prayer.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Favor said:
@ Priceless

CONGRATULATIONS! Indeed, the Eagle has finally landed!
So so happy for you! I must say I admire your energy! With all your research and preparations, it's no surprise you guys hit the ground running!

And thank you for the indepth detail report. So many lessons to learn from your experiences.
I pray God bless and prosper your family in Canada like He did for Papa Abraham. Your eyes are open to not only see opportunities, but take advantage of those opportunities to prosper in life in Jesus name, amen.
Thumps up!
Amen and thanks.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have created the following website to help New and Existing Canada Immigrants to find all the information they need in a single location.

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Please feel free to check it

Thanks
Chandra

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
So we then proceeded to scotia to open our individual accounts and the very irst shock was that we couldn't be attended to cause we didn't have an appointment :eek:f or money wey I dey bring oh.I was totally shocked at the poor customer service sha but my hubby persuaded the lady to see if anything could be done and alas she scheduled us eventually.The main reason for wanting to open with scotia was to get the credit card so we cold start building our credit rating.So we opened our accounts got their debit card, was promised a free seve card in which you generate points for any purchases made at a particular cinema(this card would be mailed to our address).SO it came to lodging our dollars and pounds and we were shocked that the exchange rate was way lower than Rbc so we would eventually be loosing some dollars more so if the money to be deposited is high.ANother strange thing that occurred after we had lodged in our money was that the head of the teller came out and said they needed proof of the source of the money .WE told them we didn't have proof and that we are new immigrants and it is expected that prior to landing we should have a stipulated amount of money and that this was declared at point of entry(recall that after filling the declaration card no ne asked me anything)but the lady insisted that we should have a receipt for any amount of money above 7000$ .Na so they return our money oh but they wanted to retain our pounds na so we tell them to pls give us every thing oh :eek:but we were happy as the rate was bad anyway and we didn't have hassles with rbc. So if you would have above that amount ask at the point of entry for a receipt or bring your statement from Nigeria.

I would use this tomorrow or probably as my Naija account officer to help generate a receipt of withdrawal, i didnt get this in gtb , should have collected the copy of the dollar photocopy made, this would have ben easier to show as proof as I would still need to deposit some amount in there cause the account is in existence any way.

So we have technically opend a zero balc account with scotia 8)don't know if previous landed snrs experienced this and how this was averted so that newly landed immigrants don't ...........
Ciao.

[/quote]
You are not alone on the Scotia-Bank-Verification-of-source-of-cash-treatment. I experienced the exact same scrutiny but I needed to open the accounts with them because of the 1k credit card offer and also because that day was my dealine to issue my property agents a direct debit authorisation for my rent. However, the only difference was that I insisted that they offer me the use of their internet facility which they obliged and I proceeded to log onto my GT Bank account and printed both my naira and dollar account statements which showed a history of the funds, only then did accept my cash of 10k. Annoying, I must say. I gave the over zealous officer a piece of my mind though my options were limited at that time.

Cheers.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Hello madam Tinu,

How re u and family doing.Hope all is going on fine.wishing u all d best

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
LANDING EXPERIENCEOur landing experience was fantastic. The IO were very nice to us. Their high organization and strictness did not prevent them from welcoming us well. They welcome us as if they have been expecting us. They made us feel we also belong to this place. My kids were very excited. They were just running up and down as the people around were not hostile to them. I think I have done good things for my family. Eventhough the application process was too long and stressful but the outcome was beautiful. We had no problem. The IO trusted us they did not even ask for our POF which was good enough( 20,000 for a family of 4). Thanks for all advices concerning POF, we eventually got enough money. Nobody asked us about how much we carry. I think people planning to land should try to get everything right. It gives you confidence and you abore no fear. They really trusted us. Our loads were not checked despite the fact that we declared we had food and animal products. My people we carried food as if we wanted to be selling food. I dont want my kids to suffer before they adapt to the system. And since we are going back after 2months to prepare to relocate.We were welcome by our apartment rental agent who we met and paid online. The people we know in Canada have gone to US for a conference. We have settled down well despite the fact that we know nobody. Our challenge is how to get cheap shops to buy things as shops in toronto are rediculously expensive but people around assured us that there are better shops to get things. This is the summary of our landing experience. Thank you all for the support. Eventhough I am not a frequent member on the forum, I appreciate your support and love. I am grateful to everybody including madam tinu, oloye, lukeke, barsindo, ighehiadara, iii, and other elders who have adviced me in the past. This application process has been very smooth eventhough it was very long. We applied to CIC in January 2010. So people who are waiting for response from accra should not feel bad and tired. Good thinks dont come cheaply most times. To those whose their professions are no more on the new NOC list, I am joining you in prayer for wisdom to know other routes to enter canada.

CANADA IS BEAUTIFUL. THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO BUILD IT. MAY GOD GIVE US WISDOM AND HELP US TO WAKE UP FROM OUR SLUMBER TO KNOW WE NEED TO BUILD NIGERIA. THANKS.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
TJ2010 said:
LANDING EXPERIENCEOur landing experience was fantastic. The IO were very nice to us. Their high organization and strictness did not prevent them from welcoming us well. They welcome us as if they have been expecting us. They made us feel we also belong to this place. My kids were very excited. They were just running up and down as the people around were not hostile to them. I think I have done good things for my family. Eventhough the application process was too long and stressful but the outcome was beautiful. We had no problem. The IO trusted us they did not even ask for our POF which was good enough( 20,000 for a family of 4). Thanks for all advices concerning POF, we eventually got enough money. Nobody asked us about how much we carry. I think people planning to land should try to get everything right. It gives you confidence and you abore no fear. They really trusted us. Our loads were not checked despite the fact that we declared we had food and animal products. My people we carried food as if we wanted to be selling food. I dont want my kids to suffer before they adapt to the system. And since we are going back after 2months to prepare to relocate.We were welcome by our apartment rental agent who we met and paid online. The people we know in Canada have gone to US for a conference. We have settled down well despite the fact that we know nobody. Our challenge is how to get cheap shops to buy things as shops in toronto are rediculously expensive but people around assured us that there are better shops to get things. This is the summary of our landing experience. Thank you all for the support. Eventhough I am not a frequent member on the forum, I appreciate your support and love. I am grateful to everybody including madam tinu, oloye, lukeke, barsindo, ighehiadara, iii, and other elders who have adviced me in the past. This application process has been very smooth eventhough it was very long. We applied to CIC in January 2010. So people who are waiting for response from accra should not feel bad and tired. Good thinks dont come cheaply most times. To those whose their professions are no more on the new NOC list, I am joining you in prayer for wisdom to know other routes to enter canada.

CANADA IS BEAUTIFUL. THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO BUILD IT. MAY GOD GIVE US WISDOM AND HELP US TO WAKE UP FROM OUR SLUMBER TO KNOW WE NEED TO BUILD NIGERIA. THANKS.
Congrtats on your successful landing!May Canada favour you and yours!!

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Hi Peeps!
I need to arrange a visiting visa for my mother in law. Has anyone done this recently? Ideas are welcomed.

Regards

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello tinuadeadebola, What is up? How is Canada treating you people. Have a blessed week.