June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
ayd said:
hello all, this is to inform the house that myself,hubby and 2 kids landed safe and sound in Toronto on 3rd April 2013 via British Airways

still in the process of settling down and so far we have done the SIN, bank statements and going for the Health Insurance this week.

the landing process was soooooooooooooooooooooooo long cos there was one guy on the queue that was being checked for over 1 hr. by the time they got to us i guess they were tired but not enough not to as for the POF. they even took down the details of the draft sef

didnt ask anything about the food so all our snails, ewedu, knoor chicken cubes and other contrabands scaled thru

pls who are the landed seniors make i at least call to pay tribute as i have arrived in their territory.

just to say a big thank you to everyone for their various contributions and all and to pledge my allegiance to this wonderful forum. love you guys loads

for all still waiting, sincerely been there,done that, so just be patient and make good use of this time cos once your PRV is issued things move so far you dont even realise your 6 months is alomost up. a piece of advice i can give is that if you are planning to work in a regulated profession, check the regulatory body website in the province where you are landing and start doing your credential evealuation and assessment. it will save you a whole lot of wait time looking for your desired job.

will keep you posted as things unfold
Welcome on board!! We have a few landed seniors in the GTA Pa Oloye, seglad, OmoGe, Beenily, shalom, Tinuade swing low and many more you could pm any of us and possible give us your number so we can chat and exchange ideas.

Cheers.
Pm sent you pm
Tinuade

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
Hello My people

Long time no see. Thanks to all our seniors helping the new comers. Settling down here takes time , Calgary is the land of Kosigiriri ..No rushing !
Anyways , i wanted to share this site , just like we have Nairaland dot com in nigeria , we have this here
http://en.reddit.com/r/Calgary
you will find real information about phones , housing , tax real time..... Here you can get real information from the omo-oniles and different categories of people. Information is key here and the more the better.

One love .

kiksjoy

Feb 15, 2013
Hello Landed Naijas,
Please we will be landing at the end of this month.Our destination is Regina en route Calgary.
Am not going with too many things because i will come back after about 4 weeks.i need to round up all
my activities here before settling finally in Regina.Has any forum member landed in Regina before?
What items do we write on the list of goods to carry.I would want to take "Ponmo" and other food stuffs with me.
Has anyone used Visa Gold card from First bank in Canada to withdrawn money?

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
Hello Everyone in the House,

Let me formally report here that we(family of 5) landed on 1st April 2013 in Calgary via KLM. No issues with the flight, all was smooth. However, the conveyor belt at MM Int. Airport was faulty on the night of our departure. So when science fails, you have to go the old fashioned way, right? All luggages had to be hand carried to the loading vans then to the aircraft. This resulted in a one hour delay of the flight but the pilot made up by increasing speed and other parameters to Amsterdam.

Landing in Calgary had a bit of drama though. One of our bag was held up by the Canadian Border Services Agency while another one was left behind in Lagos (we had 12 bags in total!). Funny enough the immigration officer that did all the paper work did not ask to see my POF( all was in Cash USD) even though I declared that i had over 10k. He went on to explain how it is our responsibility to provide proof that we are meeting our residency obligations and the number of days required to do so. Back to the withheld bag; it contained knorr chicken cubes, dry fish, stock fish etc. ;D However, only the knorr Chicken was not allowed to pass go. Then enter another officer who then asked me exactly how much I had since I had declared that I had over 10k USD. He proceeded to count half a wrap then used that to roughly estimate the rest of the money then set us on our way.

KLM informed us that the other bag would arrive the next day, and it did. Intact.

SIN done, Health Care done and card received, Bank account opened at Scotia Bank with 1000CAD credit card and no charges for the first one year, Children started school. Up-next is child benefits and Alberta I.D card.

Calgary is a very safe place I must say. People even leave home sometimes without locking their doors without even thinking about it. One time I forgot to lock my door and only remember when my friend had driven off and raised an alarm. My friend told me to relax that nothing will happen and thank God nothing did. But I ain't making that slip next time o. I no wan hear story or be the next statistics abeg. Safety first. But it so amazing to be in a society where security is so well provided and people are so so helpful, including our fellow Nigerians. Who says your environment does not have an effect on you?

I thank God for everything.

To all awaiting one form of response or the other from Accra, Godspeed is all I wish you all.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Sleek my Man, Congrats again. Bienvennue.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@ Sleek Ricky congrats and welcome to Canada. All the best in the days ahead

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
jodav3 said:
Sleek my Man, Congrats again. Bienvennue.
Thanks Bro!

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
@ Sleek Ricky congrats and welcome to Canada. All the best in the days ahead
Thanks, Tinu.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
GBAM GBAM GBAM, The Eagle has landed ;D ;D

We got to MMA at about 4.30pm FRIDAY 12th April 2013 with 7 lugagges and like 4 hand luggages(na only myself and hubby oh, we purchased 3 extra bags online).On getting to the airport, we weighed our luggages and they were all overweight so we had to start sorting out each box at the airport which was very tiring...we eventually had to prt with 40k for the extra luggage carried and i had to part with my dried tatashe and beans .I wonder how previous landed snrs managed the 23kg/bag rule.We had 7bags of 23kg each and this was still grossly insufficient for all our load..We were really stressed at the airport sha....

Naija Customs didn't bother us at all and i didnt declare any amount of money and no one asked anything concerning money at MMA except the occassional "help find something for the weekend request''.

As we embarked on boarding, a klm ground staff called our attention that they damaged one of our box when they tried loading unto the aircraft and that they needed our presence and consent to seal the bag before loading on the plane. :eek: :eek: :( :(My hubby was so furious with them :mad: :mad: .We asked for compensation and we were told to make the claim in calgary na so we sha enter plane oh.

Our KLM flight took off at about 9.40pm ,the food on board was not all that fantastic when compared with that of emirate and qatar. We landed schipol 6hrs 50minutes later.Our transit in amsterdam was 7hrs.Men we were tired ohhhh with the several bags(lesson- pls try to ensure your carry minimal hand luggage when travelling).During the transit we met another Naija Family of 5 and we jisted and explained our ordeal at the airport to them.They sympathized with us and said that they would have assisted us with the extra lugage as they didnt utilize all their luggage capacity as they had previosly sent most of their things through cargo(Lesson-If you have more than the stipulated kg/bag just cargo it provided you have a forwarding address we paid $160/bag for 3 bags plus the extra 40,000Naira paid at the airpot we would have saved 80,000Naira if we had gone through the cargo way ).) They eventually assisted us with our numerous hand luggage .

Anyway we started the second leg of our journey to calgary and this was the longest flight i have ever been on...9hrs ???we stretch tire for the seats and the seats weren't too comfy...

We landed Calgary airport 2.02pm canadian time.We were ushered to the first immigration point were our declaration form was looked at and the officer detached the form and collected her copy, then we proceeded to the second immigration point were we were asked for our landing addy and asked to sighn initials and signature on the COPR form.Upon signing, the lady detached the form and gave us a duplicate copy and told us that the form is the most important document we would have and that when we are 65yrs of age, we would use the form in getting our pension.Then she said Welcome to Canada :D :D ;D ;D.

We then later proceeded to custom and we already had a prefilled goods to follow list and pictures of jewelry, the lady at the custom office was impressed and said we were very organized.So if you have any goods coming at a later date pls do fill your forms in Naija to avoid unnecessary time wastage and you dont loose anything if you state you have goods to follow even if in actual sense you dont as you might need something to be sent from Naija and this would be taxed if not properly declared.

We proceeded to pick our baggages and lodge a complaint on the damaged bag.This was done and klm is to provide us with a new suitcase .Also i noticed that at calgary airpot trolleys are free so you dont need to have coins for this.Guess this is one of the perks of landing in an oil reach province.

The lady at customs asked if we have cassava tubers, beef products,pork products, wood etc.I told are we have wooded frames and she said that was okay and that the main reason she asked was that two days ago another imigrant brought a wooden product that had bee in it and that she was screaming all over the place and that if we get home and discover any insect we should just put the wood in the fridge so that the insect get killed.So i laughed and told her that this was properly checked before we packed.

She never bothered to check any of our lugages. ;D ;DAlso no one asked for our Proof of fund not even a mention....though we had the necessary landing amount.

Total amount of time to sort out every thing at the airport was about 30 - 45minutes and there were several new immigrant landing.

we left the airport and met our relatives that were excited to see us, loaded their vehicle with our luggage and off we drove to lethbridge.

Lethbrdge is about 2hrs 45min from calgary and there are about 6-8towns before lethbridge.Canada big no be small ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....It wasnt snowing yesterday though cold for a newly landed Naija. .

Today we woke up alas there is snow every where. :eek: :eek:We went out fully kitted to see what it would feel like walking in the snow and na my face suffer am oh as the snow flakes kept falling on my face especially my eyes...and i had a heard warmer on :eek: :eek:so i would need to purchase one that would protect my eyes....the snow no easy ohhh....

We plan going out tommorow to sort out SIN, Alberta health, bank and get a mobile phone contract free(i no wan begin dey enter gbese with all this their contract lines mbok ) ;D ;D.Plus i downloaded Fongo on my ipad as i read somewhere on this forum and i have a canadian line with free calls and to most places in canada.I just need a mobile line so recruiters can reach me when am not home plus i need to use the mobile line to build on already pre established networks

Would keep everyone updated as the story unfolds.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
priceless said:
GBAM GBAM GBAM, The Eagle has landed ;D ;D

We got to MMA at about 4.30pm FRIDAY 12th April 2013 with 7 lugagges and like 4 hand luggages(na only myself and hubby oh, we purchased 3 extra bags online).On getting to the airport, we weighed our luggages and they were all overweight so we had to start sorting out each box at the airport which was very tiring...we eventually had to prt with 40k for the extra luggage carried and i had to part with my dried tatashe and beans .I wonder how previous landed snrs managed the 23kg/bag rule.We had 7bags of 23kg each and this was still grossly insufficient for all our load..We were really stressed at the airport sha....

Naija Customs didn't bother us at all and i didnt declare any amount of money and no one asked anything concerning money at MMA except the occassional "help find something for the weekend request''.

As we embarked on boarding, a klm ground staff called our attention that they damaged one of our box when they tried loading unto the aircraft and that they needed our presence and consent to seal the bag before loading on the plane. :eek: :eek: :( :(My hubby was so furious with them :mad: :mad: .We asked for compensation and we were told to make the claim in calgary na so we sha enter plane oh.

Our KLM flight took off at about 9.40pm ,the food on board was not all that fantastic when compared with that of emirate and qatar. We landed schipol 6hrs 50minutes later.Our transit in amsterdam was 7hrs.Men we were tired ohhhh with the several bags(lesson- pls try to ensure your carry minimal hand luggage when travelling).During the transit we met another Naija Family of 5 and we jisted and explained our ordeal at the airport to them.They sympathized with us and said that they would have assisted us with the extra lugage as they didnt utilize all their luggage capacity as they had previosly sent most of their things through cargo(Lesson-If you have more than the stipulated kg/bag just cargo it provided you have a forwarding address we paid $160/bag for 3 bags plus the extra 40,000Naira paid at the airpot we would have saved 80,000Naira if we had gone through the cargo way ).) They eventually assisted us with our numerous hand luggage .

Anyway we started the second leg of our journey to calgary and this was the longest flight i have ever been on...9hrs ???we stretch tire for the seats and the seats weren't too comfy...

We landed Calgary airport 2.02pm canadian time.We were ushered to the first immigration point were our declaration form was looked at and the officer detached the form and collected her copy, then we proceeded to the second immigration point were we were asked for our landing addy and asked to sighn initials and signature on the COPR form.Upon signing, the lady detached the form and gave us a duplicate copy and told us that the form is the most important document we would have and that when we are 65yrs of age, we would use the form in getting our pension.Then she said Welcome to Canada :D :D ;D ;D.

We then later proceeded to custom and we already had a prefilled goods to follow list and pictures of jewelry, the lady at the custom office was impressed and said we were very organized.So if you have any goods coming at a later date pls do fill your forms in Naija to avoid unnecessary time wastage and you dont loose anything if you state you have goods to follow even if in actual sense you dont as you might need something to be sent from Naija and this would be taxed if not properly declared.

We proceeded to pick our baggages and lodge a complaint on the damaged bag.This was done and klm is to provide us with a new suitcase .Also i noticed that at calgary airpot trolleys are free so you dont need to have coins for this.Guess this is one of the perks of landing in an oil reach province.

The lady at customs asked if we have cassava tubers, beef products,pork products, wood etc.I told are we have wooded frames and she said that was okay and that the main reason she asked was that two days ago another imigrant brought a wooden product that had bee in it and that she was screaming all over the place and that if we get home and discover any insect we should just put the wood in the fridge so that the insect get killed.So i laughed and told her that this was properly checked before we packed.

She never bothered to check any of our lugages. ;D ;DAlso no one asked for our Proof of fund not even a mention....though we had the necessary landing amount.

Total amount of time to sort out every thing at the airport was about 30 - 45minutes and there were several new immigrant landing.

we left the airport and met our relatives that were excited to see us, loaded their vehicle with our luggage and off we drove to lethbridge.

Lethbrdge is about 2hrs 45min from calgary and there are about 6-8towns before lethbridge.Canada big no be small ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....It wasnt snowing yesterday though cold for a newly landed Naija. .

Today we woke up alas there is snow every where. :eek: :eek:We went out fully kitted to see what it would feel like walking in the snow and na my face suffer am oh as the snow flakes kept falling on my face especially my eyes...and i had a heard warmer on :eek: :eek:so i would need to purchase one that would protect my eyes....the snow no easy ohhh....

We plan going out tommorow to sort out SIN, Alberta health, bank and get a mobile phone contract free(i no wan begin dey enter gbese with all this their contract lines mbok ) ;D ;D.Plus i downloaded Fongo on my ipad as i read somewhere on this forum and i have a canadian line with free calls and to most places in canada.I just need a mobile line so recruiters can reach me when am not home plus i need to use the mobile line to build on already pre established networks

Would keep everyone updated as the story unfolds.

Congrats Priceless on your successful Landing!May all your heart desires be acheived as you and yours integrate speedily into the Canadian syste..

The deatails are equally appreciated.Notes taken!!

Apr 15, 2013
Hi
We are from India. We arrived in Edmonton 8 months before and faced financial problem staying in hotels/ hostels. It is really inadvisable to stay in hotels in early days of your arrival. The min. charge you pay per night in HOSTLE is CAD 35.(it is just for accommodation in shared room with 8 people !! ). Home stay could be a good option because you get chance to learn Canadian culture, food habit, lifestyle, job hunt skills, communication skills etc.

We are offering Home stay in West Edmonton for immigrants.

Our room is in a safe, exclusive area close to the University of Alberta, West Edmonton Mall and South gate . The "LRT" (train) is one bus stop away from our house, and then it is easy quick trip straight to the University, downtown and shopping malls.

We have beautiful, traditionally furnished 2 bed rooms and a new shared bathroom. The laundry and kitchen are shared. Amenities include use of washer and dryer, electricity, an extra shared refrigerator, and supplied bedding, towels, toilet paper,laundry soap, hand soap and environmentally friendly cleaning products. There is high speed wifi facility as well.

RIGHT NOW IT IS BOOKED .

Available from : 5th June, 2013
Airport pick up : Yes
Meals included : Your Choice
Smoking allowed : No
Pest at home :No
Monthly charge including breakfast and 2 meals : CAD 900 per person
Monthly charge including breakfast only : CAD 650

Note : We can share kitchen with you .You can prepare own breakfast and meal if you wish .

Plz mail me mukesh.edmonton @ gmail.com for further detail. I can send you pic of room if required through mail.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@Priceless
Welcome and welcome aagain!!! Good to have you around may Canada favour you and yours Amen.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Priceless,

That was a very detailed landing gist. Thanks. May you find peace and favour in the land.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
@ Priceless
Welcome and welcome aagain!!! Good to have you around may Canada favour you and yours Amen.
Thanks and Amen to your prayers.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
jodav3 said:
Priceless,

That was a very detailed landing gist. Thanks. May you find peace and favour in the land.
Amen and thanks.