WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
sogood said:
Happy Easter to all house members and also to say a big thank you to all forum member that wishes me and family well on my landing.The Lord will grant you all your heart desires in Jesus Name.
We left Port Harcourt by road on 27-march-2013 all thanks to Aero industrial action having paid for the flight to lagos---I will process my refund at a later date.
Arrived lagos and checked -into MFM prayer city for final blessing and anointing and left for the airport on 28-03-2013 by 3.00pm and checked in all the 8 bags. I carried all my money cash and did not declare in Lagos airport because a guy told me Nigeria customs will want to have a share of it. I kept it inside my inner suit.
KLM Flight departed by 11.45pm and arrived Amsterdam airport by 6.00am.
We disembark and I later discovered that my wife forgot to pick up the camera from the flight.I went to the transfer desk and complained and a security guard was asked to check for it and she returned it to me.
We had to wait for 6 hours for the flight to Calgary---my kids were just jumping up and down and looking at them I knew deep down me I have done something nice and beautiful for my family.
The flight from Amsterdam to Calgary was 9 hours.We arrived to an excellent weather condition and I declared that I had more than $10,000 on me.
Pass the CBSA counter and was directed to immigration control where we were processed and informed that our PR card will be available in six weeks-----No need to fill any form or passport photo.
We collected all our bags and presented them for security screening but the lady did not look at any of the bags,she just ask me how much I was carrying and demanded to see it-------"Guys here u need to be careful if u are not coming with incomplete money"---I gave it to her but she did not count it and she filled the form and asked me to sign.
It is now welcome to canada.
EMO and BDX were waiting for me outside and we drove to my apartment inspected and paid by EMO and later when back to EMO place to a nice meal prepared by the wife.
The next day a guy was moving out of Calgary and he gave me a dinning set and chairs,a queen size foam and two set of single leather chairs to start life. EMO used his car to help me move all the stuff.
I later met with Chief Orire and wife, Bdx and Gent2 family.
I must admit that calgary-canada is a sweet and nice city and I do believe that the Lord that has made it possible for me to have landed will also favour me to settle down.
Because of the holiday I have done any registration yet. I will start on Monday.
Once more happy easter and remain calm,the lord is in control of all cases in Accra.
This is the story so far.
Congrats Sogood. You will enjoy the good of the land in Jesus name.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
sogood said:
Happy Easter to all house members and also to say a big thank you to all forum member that wishes me and family well on my landing.The Lord will grant you all your heart desires in Jesus Name.
We left Port Harcourt by road on 27-march-2013 all thanks to Aero industrial action having paid for the flight to lagos---I will process my refund at a later date.
Arrived lagos and checked -into MFM prayer city for final blessing and anointing and left for the airport on 28-03-2013 by 3.00pm and checked in all the 8 bags. I carried all my money cash and did not declare in Lagos airport because a guy told me Nigeria customs will want to have a share of it. I kept it inside my inner suit.
KLM Flight departed by 11.45pm and arrived Amsterdam airport by 6.00am.
We disembark and I later discovered that my wife forgot to pick up the camera from the flight.I went to the transfer desk and complained and a security guard was asked to check for it and she returned it to me.
We had to wait for 6 hours for the flight to Calgary---my kids were just jumping up and down and looking at them I knew deep down me I have done something nice and beautiful for my family.
The flight from Amsterdam to Calgary was 9 hours.We arrived to an excellent weather condition and I declared that I had more than $10,000 on me.
Pass the CBSA counter and was directed to immigration control where we were processed and informed that our PR card will be available in six weeks-----No need to fill any form or passport photo.
We collected all our bags and presented them for security screening but the lady did not look at any of the bags,she just ask me how much I was carrying and demanded to see it-------"Guys here u need to be careful if u are not coming with incomplete money"---I gave it to her but she did not count it and she filled the form and asked me to sign.
It is now welcome to canada.
EMO and BDX were waiting for me outside and we drove to my apartment inspected and paid by EMO and later when back to EMO place to a nice meal prepared by the wife.
The next day a guy was moving out of Calgary and he gave me a dinning set and chairs,a queen size foam and two set of single leather chairs to start life. EMO used his car to help me move all the stuff.
I later met with Chief Orire and wife, Bdx and Gent2 family.
I must admit that calgary-canada is a sweet and nice city and I do believe that the Lord that has made it possible for me to have landed will also favour me to settle down.
Because of the holiday I have done any registration yet. I will start on Monday.
Once more happy easter and remain calm,the lord is in control of all cases in Accra.
This is the story so far.
sogood congratulations, I can see God,s favour already following you and may these good things in your life continue, Amen. I also want to use this opportunity to thank those seniors for their kind gestures to new comers, may God continue to enrich them in canada. Amen

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Hello all landed NAIJA'S, Sorry i have another question with respect to police report /background check vis a vis securing a job after landing.

I was discussing with a friend in Uk recently and she adviced i do a police report that it might be needed by some companies that might want to recruit.She says this is usually obtainable in Uk.

My question therefore is would this same request apply for recruiters in Canada?when companies do police clearance test or background check as part of employment procedure do they ask for your Naija police clearance?since this is done prior to securing the visa in the first instance do they clarify from cic instead?

also considering that the police clearance certificate from Naija covers only 3months what happens after expiry if one even obtains it prior to landing?

Pls i would like to know landed Naija's views on this and if anyone/knows someone who had to do a police clearance or background check(which involved getting clearnace from Naija police) prior to securing a job in canada.

Thanking you in advance for your views/advice on this.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priceless said:
Hello all landed NAIJA'S, Sorry i have another question with respect to police report /background check vis a vis securing a job after landing.

I was discussing with a friend in Uk recently and she adviced i do a police report that it might be needed by some companies that might want to recruit.She says this is usually obtainable in Uk.

My question therefore is would this same request apply for recruiters in Canada?when companies do police clearance test or background check as part of employment procedure do they ask for your Naija police clearance?since this is done prior to securing the visa in the first instance do they clarify from cic instead?

also considering that the police clearance certificate from Naija covers only 3months what happens after expiry if one even obtains it prior to landing?

Pls i would like to know landed Naija's views on this and if anyone/knows someone who had to do a police clearance or background check(which involved getting clearnace from Naija police) prior to securing a job in canada.

Thanking you in advance for your views/advice on this.
NO: Police report from Nigeria is not needed and not useful for employment here. Yes: Companies normally do security/criminal checks BUT You will not need Nigeria police record to gain employment and your prospective employer will not need it. Most employer will do security/criminal check (at no cost to you) on you and all they will need to do that are your photo IDs obtained in Canada with one having your Canadian address on it. Mostly, what new comers use are PR cards (Which does not have address but has picture) and your Canada driver license which is the most acceptable one. (Having address and pix)
You do not need to do that unless you are about to be employed in a sensitive position that requires you having access to govt security and sensitive/classified docs. Situation like this may require digging into your complete life and they have means of combing your past to determine your suitability.

Oloye

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Oloye said:
NO: Police report from Nigeria is not needed and not useful for employment here. Yes: Companies normally do security/criminal checks BUT You will not need Nigeria police record to gain employment and your prospective employer will not need it. Most employer will do security/criminal check (at no cost to you) on you and all they will need to do that are your photo IDs obtained in Canada with one having your Canadian address on it. Mostly, what new comers use are PR cards (Which does not have address but has picture) and your Canada driver license which is the most acceptable one. (Having address and pix)
You do not need to do that unless you are about to be employed in a sensitive position that requires you having access to govt security and sensitive/classified docs. Situation like this may require digging into your complete life and they have means of combing your past to determine your suitability.

Oloye
Supported. Priceless you have gathered enough info please start coming we are waiting lol subject to Oga @the top approval shaaaaaa

teejay

Aug 25, 2012
NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2010
Nomination.....
02-2012
AOR Received.
02-2012
IELTS Request
03-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Request
15-08-2012
Med's Done....
18-08-2012
Interview........
SKIPPED
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013
LANDED..........
soon
To God be the glory, I landed in Calgary on the 1st of April,2013 enroute Doha, my landing was done in Montreal. There were very many new immigrants waiting to formalise their landing hence i got delayed such that I missed my flight to Calgary.

When it was my turn, they asked of my POF which i showed them all,(2 drafts and cash). They checked the drafts (UBA & FIRST BANK) and confirmed my cash to be sure it was up to what is required of a family of 5. They asked me of the contents of my lug gages and i told them they were clothes and books (thank God they believed me otherwise, 'dem for see ORISIRISI'

I was now welcomed to Canada, my PP was stamped and visa crossed.

N0 1 challenge started when I went to my airline QATAR to tell them I missed my connecting flight and I needed a rebook, i was informed that all flights were fully booked until the third day.

After much wahala with them (I shouted and screamed at them cos I was already a certified Permanent Resident) which wasn't yielding good fruits, I had to call myself to order by looking out for a fresh airline and booked newly from Montreal to Calgary.
So far I have done my SIN, account opening,health scheme; driver's licence and WIND unlimited contract package which allows me call US & CANADA free.
Job hunting follows shortly.

My advice
Pls try to avoid landing in a province other than where you are going to settle.
God bless us all

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
teejay said:
To God be the glory, I landed in Calgary on the 1st of April,2013 enroute Doha, my landing was done in Montreal. There were very many new immigrants waiting to formalise their landing hence i got delayed such that I missed my flight to Calgary.

When it was my turn, they asked of my POF which i showed them all,(2 drafts and cash). They checked the drafts (UBA & FIRST BANK) and confirmed my cash to be sure it was up to what is required of a family of 5. They asked me of the contents of my lug gages and i told them they were clothes and books (thank God they believed me otherwise, 'dem for see ORISIRISI'

N0 1 challenge started when I went to my airline QATAR to tell them I missed my connecting flight and I needed a rebook, i was informed that all flights were fully booked until the third day.

After much wahala with them (I shouted and screamed at them cos I was already a certified Permanent Resident) which wasn't yielding good fruits, I had to call myself to order by looking out for a fresh airline and booked newly from Montreal to Calgary.
So far I have done my SIN, account opening,health scheme; driver's licence and WIND unlimited contract package which allows me call US & CANADA free.

My advice
Pls try to avoid landing in a province other than where you are going to settle.
God bless us all

Congrats Teejay on your successful landing despite having missed your connecting flight!
May you and yours experience God's favour as you begin a new LIFE in Canada!
Cheers.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Teejay, congrats. Is there going to be a refund of the portion of the air fare since you didn't complete the journey with Quatar?

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Thanks Oloye for the clarification.

Oloye said:

Oloye

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
;D ;D ;D........Dont mind me jare.Oga @ the top don give approval tey tey.....We are getting set.

tinuadeadebola said:
Supported. Priceless you have gathered enough info please start coming we are waiting lol subject to Oga @ the top approval shaaaaaa

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Congrats on your successful landing................Did you exchange drivers license?

teejay said:

My advice
God bless us all

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
teejay said:

My advice
God bless us all
Welcome to Canada!!!

ayd

Star Member
May 21, 2012
hello all, this is to inform the house that myself,hubby and 2 kids landed safe and sound in Toronto on 3rd April 2013 via British Airways

still in the process of settling down and so far we have done the SIN, bank statements and going for the Health Insurance this week.

the landing process was soooooooooooooooooooooooo long cos there was one guy on the queue that was being checked for over 1 hr. by the time they got to us i guess they were tired but not enough not to as for the POF. they even took down the details of the draft sef

didnt ask anything about the food so all our snails, ewedu, knoor chicken cubes and other contrabands scaled thru

pls who are the landed seniors make i at least call to pay tribute as i have arrived in their territory.

just to say a big thank you to everyone for their various contributions and all and to pledge my allegiance to this wonderful forum. love you guys loads

for all still waiting, sincerely been there,done that, so just be patient and make good use of this time cos once your PRV is issued things move so far you dont even realise your 6 months is alomost up. a piece of advice i can give is that if you are planning to work in a regulated profession, check the regulatory body website in the province where you are landing and start doing your credential evealuation and assessment. it will save you a whole lot of wait time looking for your desired job.

will keep you posted as things unfold

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
ayd said:
hello all, this is to inform the house that myself,hubby and 2 kids landed safe and sound in Toronto on 3rd April 2013 via British Airways

still in the process of settling down and so far we have done the SIN, bank statements and going for the Health Insurance this week.

the landing process was soooooooooooooooooooooooo long cos there was one guy on the queue that was being checked for over 1 hr. by the time they got to us i guess they were tired but not enough not to as for the POF. they even took down the details of the draft sef

didnt ask anything about the food so all our snails, ewedu, knoor chicken cubes and other contrabands scaled thru

pls who are the landed seniors make i at least call to pay tribute as i have arrived in their territory.

just to say a big thank you to everyone for their various contributions and all and to pledge my allegiance to this wonderful forum. love you guys loads

for all still waiting, sincerely been there,done that, so just be patient and make good use of this time cos once your PRV is issued things move so far you dont even realise your 6 months is alomost up. a piece of advice i can give is that if you are planning to work in a regulated profession, check the regulatory body website in the province where you are landing and start doing your credential evealuation and assessment. it will save you a whole lot of wait time looking for your desired job.

will keep you posted as things unfold
Congrats Ayd on your successful landing!Wishing you and your household the best life in Canada.