Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Good day all.

Just got an information that using a "Magic Jack"or "Magic Jack Plus" will help cut down telephone bills especially as regard making calls to friends and/or family in Nigeria or generally outside US and/or Canada. We can all read it up by doing a Google on Magic Jack (or magic Jack plus). From my own little research the magic jack works with computer while the magic jack plus works without the computer (though it needs a router). Any of the device can also be used to make calls to US/Canada from anywhere in the world, Nigeria inclusive. Cost of each device differs but please note that internet connection(s) are needed to use either.

In addition to our individual research on the device we may also visit http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/#.

Although I am yet to land I think this information will/might help us all. Our landed seniors can get a copy of either one at any Walmart store (or any other store) or online at Amazon.com.

Best regards to all.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
vikolo said:
Has anyone here done IQAS credential evaluation?
I was informed that if you want to get value for free of charge with them, you need to land in Calgary with your transcript handy in a sealed envelope and bingo you get them evaluate u F-O-C. GBAM

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Jada said:
Your best bet is to PM a landed Nigerian. Even those who were a bit upset with us while in Nigeria have landed and seen how difficult it is to keep posting. It is not cos one is feeling to big. Those who PM me receive replies within 2 days at least. Also some enquiries don't have straight answers, it's more of a 'land first and see' issue.

All the best to those preparing to land.
I am a living witness. You reply my PM ASAP.

See you soonest and hope you settling in real fast.

Cheers

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello my peeps
Please is it DOB Canadian schools use or age? I have a daughter that would be 9 years by February 7th I was thinking she would qualify for grade 4 if she starts school tin Canada February or march 2013, but someone just old me they use DOB meaning it's all those who turned 9 before September that would be in grade 4 does it mean at 9 they would still put her in 3?

Also her sister would turn 7 come November 2012 so what class would she be? I need this info so I can prepare their mind oooooooo

Pa Awoderu please where are thou? Alberta, Ontario, BC, SC, Manitoba, Ottawa please others feel in the gaps or are you in Lagos?
Pa Awoderu. we hope all is well with you.
Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks lukeke for the info I would sure google it right away am sure the accountant in me likes cost cutting measures too much!!! Anyways I make a lot of calls hence would love any network that has reduced cost.

How is the vacation? Trust you are enjoying yourself remember to bring my chocolates!!! Warm regards to the family

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
lukeke said:
Good day all.

Just got an information that using a "Magic Jack"or "Magic Jack Plus" will help cut down telephone bills especially as regard making calls to friends and/or family in Nigeria or generally outside US and/or Canada. We can all read it up by doing a Google on Magic Jack (or magic Jack plus). From my own little research the magic jack works with computer while the magic jack plus works without the computer (though it needs a router). Any of the device can also be used to make calls to US/Canada from anywhere in the world, Nigeria inclusive. Cost of each device differs but please note that internet connection(s) are needed to use either.

In addition to our individual research on the device we may also visit http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/#.

Although I am yet to land I think this information will/might help us all. Our landed seniors can get a copy of either one at any Walmart store (or any other store) or online at Amazon.com.

Best regards to all.
Sure. U must be an Ijebuman. The info is helpful. It sure cuts the cost and I am going for it. God willing.

Cheers

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
EMO said:
Sure. U must be an Ijebuman. The info is helpful. It sure cuts the cost and I am going for it. God willing.

Cheers
Sir Emo,

I am actually an Ijesha woman....you know Ijeshas and Ijebus are related somehow.

Have a fruitful week.

Regards.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks lukeke for the info I would sure google it right away am sure the accountant in me likes cost cutting measures too much!!! Anyways I make a lot of calls hence would love any network that has reduced cost.

How is the vacation? Trust you are enjoying yourself remember to bring my chocolates!!! Warm regards to the family
My Sis.,

The song now is "Holiday is over, holiday is over......". We are taking off today!

Trust you and yours are good. The warm regards is reciprocal!! Will give you a call latest Tuesday, by God's grace.

Cheers.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
lukeke said:
Sir Emo,

I am actually an Ijesha woman....you know Ijeshas and Ijebus are related somehow.

Have a fruitful week.

Regards.

Lukeke
Ka ri o ni bee? Baba re a gbe o. :p :p :p

jameslew45

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30_02__2010
Doc's Request.
23 march 2010
File Transfer...
20 July 2010
Med's Request
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-07-2012
Hello, i need a 1 bedroom in calgary anybody have any idea how to see a cheaper nice 1 bedroom apt just for me alone my wife will join by dec.

Cheers

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
lukeke said:
Good day all.

Best regards to all.
MagicJack/MagicJack plus is very cost affective. The only setback is that its a land line - you cannot take it out with you. It costs $40/79 respective and you get the first year free. Subsequently, you only pay $29 per annum (Unbeatable value). Pls think twice or thrice before taking Rogers & Bell house phones. If you need a house phone, as Lukeke rightly advised, go for Magic Jack and they are available where ever you live.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@EMO
@Lukeke
Hin pele o gbogbo ujesha. I am no longer surprised at you two. I've just discovered d 'Osomalo' spirit that does not joke with money matters. Baba re agbe o!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Shalom1 said:
MagicJack/MagicJack plus is very cost affective. The only setback is that its a land line - you cannot take it out with you. It costs $40/79 respective and you get the first year free. Subsequently, you only pay $29 per annum (Unbeatable value). Pls think twice or thrice before taking Rogers & Bell house phones. If you need a house phone, as Lukeke rightly advised, go for Magic Jack and they are available where ever you live.
Thanks for the clarification trust your sister I was planning to have it as both landline and mobile!!! As for Rogers and bell I will think 4 times pardon me I know twice and thrice but I not the name for 4 or do I say I would think quadruple before buying Rogers!!!!!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
jameslew45 said:
Hello, i need a 1 bedroom in calgary anybody have any idea how to see a cheaper nice 1 bedroom apt just for me alone my wife will join by dec.

Cheers
Also try sending pm to Jackson and Imole. In fact a lot of our members landed in Calgary this year it should not be difficult to get names and tel no of estate agents at least they can refer you to the ones they used.
All the best.

jameslew45

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30_02__2010
Doc's Request.
23 march 2010
File Transfer...
20 July 2010
Med's Request
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-07-2012
@ tinuadeadebola the special one thanks alot..