Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Naija Pikin said:
Na wao, Pa' Right this one frighten me too o! :eek:, so for me wey be family of 7, POF $29k X 2 = $58k, I go don blow everything within 5wks, that na N9,338,000 in 1 month and 1 week :eek:. Omo I no dey go again ???, I go tanda for Naija :'(, until Gents2 withdraw that statement :D
GBAM GBAM GBAM!!!!!![/size]

femolyn1

Sep 13, 2011
Tinuadeadebola & Gents2,

I really appreciate your timely response and well structured analysis. Will brace up to the challenges and God willing, all will be just fine.I will continue to follow this thread going forward and contribute as much as possible.

Thanks.

Femi

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
GBAM GBAM GBAM!!!!!![/size]

Pa Right and naija Pikin
You two shouldn't be scared. The way you combine easily gives me a business idea. And that is packaging the two of you as a unique comedian in Canada for Naija's after long day runs like egrace. We can organize "one evening of 50 Laughter's " so that we will have many left in the archives. Sure, that three jobs added to the job pool out there, straight from Naija.

Having said that, Gent 2 we need to meet you online during the next meeting. Aaaaah owo oma ni jona ke!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
femolyn1 said:
Tinuadeadebola & Gents2,

I really appreciate your timely response and well structured analysis. Will brace up to the challenges and God willing, all will be just fine.I will continue to follow this thread going forward and contribute as much as possible.

Thanks.

Femi
welcome on board femolyn....Although getting a job which is in tandem with ur job in Nigeria straightoff might be tough or non-exixtant, it is not sufficient for you to say u will do anything like factory work... with ur experince in Banking you shld be able to get decent office woork like customer service et a. the system has kind off made spome concessions to we skilled immigrants such that the requirement for entry level jobs are High school diploma, hence giving immigrants the opportunity ta also apply for them as well. at least if they cant accept our degrees for what they are , they can accept them as equivalent to college/high school degree... and if ur banking job has taken u through marketing, then u av good chance.. Skilled immigrants dont av to work factory lots of entry level jobs that pays between 10$ per hour as base salary if one will be entitled to ern commission and a minimum of 12.5$ per hour if there will be no commission...
as for ur wife, she can get started with the certification stuff immediately u land while u can get started with applying jobs.... u sure will be fine....here are some sites:

www.c3job.com

www.isarta.com
www.monster.ca
www.drakeintl.com
www.groomassocies.com
all you just need is a moobile line and the calls will come..
just ensure u av a laptop readily available and a Wi-FI for browsing... These will be ur most important tools when you land

oluism

Nov 7, 2011
Hi House,

Been a follower of this blog for a while, I was in Accra last week Monday to pick my visa and that of my wife. We should be landing sometimes in December. Anybody with useful information on the following

1. Cheap short stay accommodation In Calgary and Ontario e.g website

2. what is the required Proof of funds for two people at the entry point.

If you are on the waiting list, please hang in there it takes a a while, ours took two years, we started our application September 2009.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:'( :'( :'(I don't mean to scare anybody..... my spending habit may not exactly be the same as yours. I happen to be someone who does not believe in 'managing'. I give things the attention they need as at when needed. The principle behind this is that I believe I shall never lack. It has always worked for me. Am a conservative person 8).
This is a brief summary of how the cash went..... rented an unfurnished apartment and furnished it to my taste (new furniture, new electronics etc), got a car (you will understand why this is very necessary when you are in Calgary with a family.... Calgary transit is just not it :(), got the whole family 'clothed' for winter..... in all these, there's been no careless spending.
For job, I am waiting for my DL before I start hunting. I don't believe in getting a 'survival job' it has a way of clouding ones view to getting the desired 'real' job. I would have started with Baker Hughes two weeks ago but the DL disqualified me. This would have been without any interview just recommendation based on my field experience... I still hold my job in Africa anyway, still on a company's payroll ;)

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Gent, don't mind those two comedians am sure by now you know them already!!!
But sincerely speaking we know the proof of fund is small but to hear it got finished in 5wks truly got us thinking and calculating but now that you have shed more light we are a bit relieved.

I agree with you that with the type of cold in Calgary and Canada in general one might need a car particularly for the kids. I also kind of agree with you o some extent on the survival jobs so they not distract you from getting a good job later but or the ski of keeping the family running one of the couple should t least get something decent doing.

I hope there are jobs for us accountant oh anyway we are planning to be in Ontario or Ottawa God willing and ACCRA agreeing we should be holding our UGWU LEAF BEFORE THIS TIME NEXT YR.
Cheers

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMO said:
Pa Right and naija Pikin
You two shouldn't be scared. The way you combine easily gives me a business idea. And that is packaging the two of you as a unique comedian in Canada for Naija's after long day runs like egrace. We can organize "one evening of 50 Laughter's " so that we will have many left in the archives. Sure, that three jobs added to the job pool out there, straight from Naija.

Having said that, Gent 2 we need to meet you online during the next meeting. Aaaaah owo oma ni jona ke!
hahahaha, i would not mind being ur accountant sha

tito

Feb 10, 2007
femolyn1 said:
Hello landed Seniors,

So glad to see this site. Please i need your advice. Got a mail from Accra last week to pick up our PR visa within the next 60 days. It suddenly dawned on me that i need more info as i am moving to a new environment (Calgary, Alberta) with a wife and 2 kids( both less than 5yrs).

Qtns:

1/ How do i show Proof of funds at the point of entry. Do i have to hold my statement of account or what?
2/ Is it possible to secure a cheap accomodation in calgary to start with?
3/ What are the available options for my wife (A medical Doctor) with regards to employment in canada?
4/ I am a banker and a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Is this certification in demand presently in canada?
5/ What are the kind of temporary jobs available for me as i am ready to do anything to start with while i haunt for a better job.

I really need your advice pleaaseeee!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Phemy
Chief, congrats! Hopefully you will spend the next couple of weeks researching your new home before you suddenly find yourself here. A couple of comments and questions to "shake" you some bit.

Not sure why you picked Calgary if you have been in the banking industry and want to continue there, perhaps your relative or friends are there to help with settlement? Otherwise, I am of the opinion you should be in Toronto..ok, I changed my mind..even with relative/friends in Calgary, you should still be in TO. This is the financial headquarter of Canada except if you are not keen on becoming a big player!

Options for your wife are not so many..she needs to pass exams and pray hard to get into residency (probably in a field she is not so keen about), the homegrown doctors get the juicy slots, followed by docs sponsored by foreign govt (paying to train their folks)..but doctors are in short supply and the wait time keeps growing! Bottom line about your wife..land first, let her find any job in the medical field, write exams, look for mentor and pray hard..nothing pass God.

Two kids less than 5 years is additional responsibility that will get in the way..so your wife may not even be able to work, except if you have a close buddy that is not too busy to help handle them after school..tough one though.
Alternatively, you can delay your landing or come and land then go back so your wife can start those exams over there in naija (or is it Ghana now) and the kids could also have another year to enable the 1st one reach 6 for grade 1. This option is to enable your wife have some time to work when she is here..life is not cheap here and the bills pile up pretty fast.

Very sure you can find a temporary or permanent jobs within a short time but I would advise you to start spending more time looking into life here before your arrival and checking if you can find bankers that are already here (naija or not). You can plan to hit the ground running...

All the best!

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
gent2 said:
:'( :'( :'(I don't mean to scare anybody..... my spending habit may not exactly be the same as yours. I happen to be someone who does not believe in 'managing'. I give things the attention they need as at when needed. The principle behind this is that I believe I shall never lack. It has always worked for me. Am a conservative person 8).
This is a brief summary of how the cash went..... rented an unfurnished apartment and furnished it to my taste (new furniture, new electronics etc), got a car (you will understand why this is very necessary when you are in Calgary with a family.... Calgary transit is just not it :(), got the whole family 'clothed' for winter..... in all these, there's been no careless spending.
For job, I am waiting for my DL before I start hunting. I don't believe in getting a 'survival job' it has a way of clouding ones view to getting the desired 'real' job. I would have started with Baker Hughes two weeks ago but the DL disqualified me. This would have been without any interview just recommendation based on my field experience... I still hold my job in Africa anyway, still on a company's payroll ;)
Pa Gent2,
Thank you for throwing more light. We appreciate. As a naija, things like spending get us frightened and to say that 2x POF….within 5 wks…Omo I begin to fear FEAR itsef. Anyway dat one don pass.

On a 2nd note, I gbadun your faaji level…No dull moment…Alaye baba…..thats why we elders don’t go for little things. Pa Naija Pikin no fear o. That ya N9m+ go carry you until u become a Canadian! Gbam!

Don’t worry, be happy. As for me sha, I will gbadun mysef afterall its only onwworld jare!

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Right said:
Pa Gent2,
Thank you for throwing more light. We appreciate. As a naija, things like spending get us frightened and to say that 2x POF....within 5 wks...Omo I begin to fear FEAR itsef. Anyway dat one don pass.

On a 2nd note, I gbadun your faaji level...No dull moment...Alaye baba.....thats why we elders don't go for little things. Pa Naija Pikin no fear o. That ya N9m+ go carry you until u become a Canadian! Gbam!

Don't worry, be happy. As for me sha, I will gbadun mysef afterall its only onwworld jare!
Pa' Right, I no fear again, I now know how to reduce my expenses. Instead of buying a car, I will buy keke napep, I go buy cane chair instead of leather settee, and I go carry all our pots, plates, bucket, cups, basin, etc :D. If I reach there I go find Pa' Gent2, make I borrow that him principle; ''I shall never lack'', when it begins to work, then I will buy all correct new new things 8).

@ EMO, thanks for the job opportunity, but my plan na to open pure water factory, for my landed Naija customers :p. imokorede will be my accountant, but na FOC ;). I will need sales people who will be on commission, so anybody wey dey plan to look for survival job, pls consider yourself employed ;)

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
Pa Gent2,
Thank you for throwing more light. We appreciate. As a naija, things like spending get us frightened and to say that 2x POF....within 5 wks...Omo I begin to fear FEAR itsef. Anyway dat one don pass.

On a 2nd note, I gbadun your faaji level...No dull moment...Alaye baba.....thats why we elders don't go for little things. Pa Naija Pikin no fear o. That ya N9m+ go carry you until u become a Canadian! Gbam!

Don't worry, be happy. As for me sha, I will gbadun mysef afterall its only onwworld jare!
Pa right tell us where u intend landing. Then I can tell you how much you really need to take along.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Naija pikin please think of another business oh pure water no go sell for my new fatherland oh

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
EMO said:
Pa right tell us where u intend landing. Then I can tell you how much you really need to take along.
Toronto Ont. :p ;D :D

POLESTAR1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
Nomination.....
PER: 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
+ Additional doc Requested: 25-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-2013
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
femolyn1 said:
Hello landed Seniors,

3/ What are the available options for my wife (A medical Doctor) with regards to employment in canada?
Hi Femolyn1,

Your wife can commence the registration with Medical Council of Canada (MCC), but first she will have to get her credentials verified through Physician Credentials Registry of Canada (PCRC) an arm MCC responsible for that.

I will advice that She begins the process immediately by visiting www.pcrc.org as the process could take sometime, especially when it comes to the point where Nigerian institutions (Medical and Dental council of Nigeria, the College of Medicine etc) will have to confirm her credentials.

My wife started the process last year October, I even took copies of her credentials myself to MCC office in Ottawa during my visit and yet all her credentials are yet to be verified as the appropriate bodies in Nigeria are not responding.

It is after commencement of this process that she can write the MCCEE (Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination) which can be written here in Nigeria.

for more information visit: www.pcrc.org and www.mcc.ca

Cheers