Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Brother,
I am pleased with your journey so far. The lord will perfect all that concern you

Please pray for us

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
@egrace, that was a nice one.
God is with you.
Thank you i got ur voice message i left my phone was in a meeting.
my interview went fine. shall resume on the 15th Nov RBC the pay is v good with alot of benefit.
cheers.
Dan

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
the interview was good... any one who had gone 2ru the rigorous interview in Nigeria will not find the one here hard.
was interviewed by a weird looking canadian with ear-ring in both ears...( oh thank God i did not come here in suit... i said within).....
we went 2ru d y should i hire u, what is/are ur strenght, what will ur last boss say abt you..
2) and to the suprisinng one: u mean u av just spent a week in MONTREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) was taken to see the supervisor... iand i did a recording for to test my english since it is an English only position. where i will av to call eglish customers....
they said the recording was good... was taken to the huge calling center whre there were abt 500pple at their call desk with head set... was should where i will likely be positioned...
4) got done with the paper wrk.. was asked to produce proof of identity and legal status to wrk in canada.to which i showed them my SIN-number and passport + visa...
5) afetr which i was told to come resume training on Monday 7th.
As i was adviced by Francomaj b4 leaving Nigeria, i got a letter of recommendation from one of my boss CAN A COMPANY DO THE REFERENCE? OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE YOUR BOSS in Nigeria.. and the letter was really helpful to me when they demanded that i provide a refrencee i gladly showed the letter and that was it WAS THE REFERENCE- TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, AND HOW MANY DID YOU TAKE ALONG? SINCE U SHOWED IT, IT MEANS YOU DID NOT SUBMIT IT

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well by God's grace, i scaled through another interview 2day and i now av my second job... which i couldnt accept right away bcos the conditions therewith is a life-jail to my precious dreams... The work hour will surely squeeze life out of me.... the training for this new job starts on monday and it will run from 4pm to 12midnite with pay though... and the training will be on for two weeks :eek: :eek: :eek: asides that i will need to work 37.5hrs per week since it is a full time position. but they are not flexible with time. my 7hrs of daily work after training can falls on any period of the day... i treid explain tpo them tht i av enrolled for a french class but they said they av no option... atlass, i was given 2monthseither accept or rejecte the offer and get back to them.... fortunately my french course will be over by then and hopefully i will be in a position to negotiate a better position than an ENGLISH CALL CENTER AGENT.... so as it stands now ... i will resume come monday with Equinox for a 2days paid training 11am-5pm, from there i'll connect one or two underground metro to my french class which starts by 5pm and ends by 9pm.Althoug Quebec offer a free french course with monthly pay of 500$ , i was asked to wait till next year january for the next session which to me is too far... i may not get the 500$ stipend but i believe by that january i would av gaind more ground with my listening fremch and be more better suited for the ever booming service industry in MONTREAL. so when i leave home by say 10am i wont be hope till 9pm Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin....
so No FOOD FOR LAZY MAN

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
yes... company can.. but the truth is it will still av to cascade down to someone who will actually right the letter and aappend his/her signature as well as contact details..... the letter of couse will have to be on the official letter head of the company.... i got mine from one of the top guys at my place of work but not from my immediate boss.

My letter was titled: letter of Attestation in Respect of Mr. egrace 62......
with some mouth watering praises... :D :D :D

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
lnd_dan said:
@ egrace, that was a nice one.
God is with you.
Thank you i got ur voice message i left my phone was in a meeting.
my interview went fine. shall resume on the 15th Nov RBC the pay is v good with alot of benefit.
cheers.
Dan
oh this is cokastic... congrats bro... welcome to the dream... i beg skype me when u are home.. cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
eggrace and Dan glad to know you have found something at least you are getting the much valuable Canada experience while also getting some income keep it up God will sure order your steps. My warm regards to Mr. F who has been of tremendous assistance to you eggrace so glad we can still have some of our good African virtue even in a far land.

Dan have you heard from Mogbenga? trust all is well with him? all the best to you guys.

Cheers

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
egrace62 said:
well by God's grace, i scaled through another interview 2day and i now av my second job... which i couldnt accept right away bcos the conditions therewith is a life-jail to my precious dreams... The work hour will surely squeeze life out of me.... the training for this new job starts on monday and it will run from 4pm to 12midnite with pay though... and the training will be on for two weeks :eek: :eek: :eek: asides that i will need to work 37.5hrs per week since it is a full time position. but they are not flexible with time. my 7hrs of daily work after training can falls on any period of the day... i treid explain tpo them tht i av enrolled for a french class but they said they av no option... atlass, i was given 2monthseither accept or rejecte the offer and get back to them.... fortunately my french course will be over by then and hopefully i will be in a position to negotiate a better position than an ENGLISH CALL CENTER AGENT.... so as it stands now ... i will resume come monday with Equinox for a 2days paid training 11am-5pm, from there i'll connect one or two underground metro to my french class which starts by 5pm and ends by 9pm.Althoug Quebec offer a free french course with monthly pay of 500$ , i was asked to wait till next year january for the next session which to me is too far... i may not get the 500$ stipend but i believe by that january i would av gaind more ground with my listening fremch and be more better suited for the ever booming service industry in MONTREAL. so when i leave home by say 10am i wont be hope till 9pm Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin....
so No FOOD FOR LAZY MAN
Can you imagine egrace saying he will now leave home 10am and not be back until 9pm? Pa Naija Pikin come and hear your brother talking here o. :eek:

I leave home by 5.45am and don’t get back to my house until 11pm Monday to Friday. Not bcos I love it but bcos of traffic. Mind you am not going for a German or Italian course o! Just from home to office. :mad:

Infact if I can be leaving home 10am and come back 9pm I will jump at the offer here in Naija. :p

Anyway congrats and God bless. You are one of us and continue to be a good ambassador.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Right said:
Can you imagine egrace saying he will now leave home 10am and not be back until 9pm? Pa Naija Pikin come and hear your brother talking here o. :eek:

I leave home by 5.45am and don't get back to my house until 11pm Monday to Friday. Not bcos I love it but bcos of traffic. Mind you am not going for a German or Italian course o! Just from home to office. :mad:

Infact if I can be leaving home 10am and come back 9pm I will jump at the offer here in Naija. :p

Anyway congrats and God bless. You are one of us and continue to be a good ambassador.
PA Right and his comical strips...... You are too much.... GBAM :D :D

zoze

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
U guys warm my heart. The Nigerian spirit neva says die!

femolyn1

Sep 13, 2011
Hello landed Seniors,

So glad to see this site. Please i need your advice. Got a mail from Accra last week to pick up our PR visa within the next 60 days. It suddenly dawned on me that i need more info as i am moving to a new environment (Calgary, Alberta) with a wife and 2 kids( both less than 5yrs).

Qtns:

1/ How do i show Proof of funds at the point of entry. Do i have to hold my statement of account or what?

2/ Is it possible to secure a cheap accomodation in calgary to start with?

3/ What are the available options for my wife (A medical Doctor) with regards to employment in canada?

4/ I am a banker and a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Is this certification in demand presently in canada?

5/ What are the kind of temporary jobs available for me as i am ready to do anything to start with while i haunt for a better job.

I really need your advice pleaaseeee!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Phemy

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
All the seniors pls femi needs ur help kindly come to his aid. Meanwhile phemy you can pm some of them seglad oloye barsindo eggrace to mention but a few they would be more than willing to help.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femolyn1 said:
Hello landed Seniors,

So glad to see this site. Please i need your advice. Got a mail from Accra last week to pick up our PR visa within the next 60 days. It suddenly dawned on me that i need more info as i am moving to a new environment (Calgary, Alberta) with a wife and 2 kids( both less than 5yrs). School age is 5 here. they can attend preschool though.

Qtns:

1/ How do i show Proof of funds at the point of entry. Do i have to hold my statement of account or what? You can either come with bank draft, travelers' cheque or cash. I came with cash. The officer only asked how much I had on me and in what form. I told him its cash and stated the amount. He gave me a doc to sign without asking to see the cash.

2/ Is it possible to secure a cheap accomodation in calgary to start with? Its possible but everything in Calgary is all about credit cheque. Its easier if you have a way they can run your credit check but if you are like me who's got no credit history, it might be a bit tough.... but possible. If you have people on ground here, let them help you. I'll suggest you visit www.rentfaster.ca or www.homerent.ca and talk to as many landlords/agents as possible.

3/ What are the available options for my wife (A medical Doctor) with regards to employment in canada? Like every other places where medical field is highly controlled, she will need to get her certification here before she can practice even if she was practicing in US.

4/ I am a banker and a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Is this certification in demand presently in canada? With God, all things are possible. With a lot of projects going on in Calgary (its developing/expanding everyday), its sure in demand but sometimes they also consider where the certification is obtained.

5/ What are the kind of temporary jobs available for me as i am ready to do anything to start with while i haunt for a better job. Keep dreams alive, keep hopes high and aim for the best. You can get your dream job straight. There are however plenty jobs here provided you really don't mind doing anything. Factory jobs are there, so also are construction jobs and oil field general labour. Som said security jobs are also plenty but I have not seen any advert of it (maybe because I am not looking....)

I really need your advice pleaaseeee!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Phemy

Please come with enough money. That amount suggested by CIC is just not enough. I came with almost double of what they asked and its almost finished..... this is my fifth week. Also be prepared for cold. If you've not lived in Calgary before then you have not seen it like it is in Calgary (except you are an Eskimo). I understand it can get to minus 35+. You will like Calgary. I wish you all the best. You shall succeed!!!

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
gent2 said:
Please come with enough money. That amount suggested by CIC is just not enough. I came with almost double of what they asked and its almost finished..... this is my fifth week. Also be prepared for cold. If you've not lived in Calgary before then you have not seen it like it is in Calgary (except you are an Eskimo). I understand it can get to minus 35+. You will like Calgary. I wish you all the best. You shall succeed!!!
Gents2,
You scared the life outta me with the above analysis. :-\ You mean just 5 wks and the times 2 of suggested POF is almost gone? Does it mean that …..are you not working already? Did you go with your family?

Am really scared now more than before. :eek:

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Right said:
Gents2,
You scared the life outta me with the above analysis. :-\ You mean just 5 wks and the times 2 of suggested POF is almost gone? Does it mean that .....are you not working already? Did you go with your family?

Am really scared now more than before. :eek:
Na wao, Pa' Right this one frighten me too o! :eek:, so for me wey be family of 7, POF $29k X 2 = $58k, I go don blow everything within 5wks, that na N9,338,000 in 1 month and 1 week :eek:. Omo I no dey go again ???, I go tanda for Naija :'(, until Gents2 withdraw that statement :D